PDA

View Full Version : I am curious to know why so many

Sharpie
06-17-2004, 11:05 AM
As you know, I am always trying to figure out why some things work and others don't. Herding webmasters is like 'herding cats - so it is an interesting study:-)

Almighty Colin
06-17-2004, 11:08 AM
The bars closed at 2am and the industry is maturing. Also, San Diego is not Vegas, there aren't 100 other things going on. I think this was good. For the most part, everyone was easily found near the pool and much business was conducted.

pushpills
06-17-2004, 11:10 AM
bars close at 2am?

that's when things heat up here!

LAJ
06-17-2004, 11:17 AM
I think it also helped with the time difference for some people. 8am (pt) = 11am (et) and i got the impression that it was lights out for many by 1 or 2 am...

Mike AI
06-17-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by LAJ@Jun 17 2004, 10:25 AM
I think it also helped with the time difference for some people. 8am (pt) = 11am (et) and i got the impression that it was lights out for many by 1 or 2 am...
Yeah early in show I was on east coast time, took me a few days to adjust. Of course now I am on west coast time and staying up all hours of the night!!

:angry:

mojobill
06-17-2004, 11:50 AM
not to mention, that it was cool as hell to grab a Starbucks, and go sit out by the bay for a while.... ;-)

That and I was able to enjoy early morning coffee with Peaches! ;-)

Peaches
06-17-2004, 12:35 PM
I started out in Orange County getting up at 5:30 so thankfully by the show I was only getting up at 7 :)

But as FB pointed out, it was really nice getting out and drinking a big ol' cup of coffee out there in the courtyard :)

Weg Cory
06-17-2004, 03:52 PM
I get up early no matter how late I stay out.

I wish I could sleep in, but it isn't in the cards.

Those Krispy Kremes tasted real good in the morning!

Plus Peaches squirms all night so it is tough to sleep all together.

Mike AI
06-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by WEGCashCory@Jun 17 2004, 03:00 PM

I hear she is a bed hog!!

B)

Peaches
06-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jun 17 2004, 04:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jun 17 2004, 04:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--WEGCashCory@Jun 17 2004, 03:00 PM

I hear she is a bed hog!!

B)[/b][/quote]
Just a pillow hog :) Cory sleeps hanging upside from the ceiling, so that wasn't really an issue. :okthumb:

kath
06-17-2004, 05:01 PM
I think there are LOTS of reasons why...

For us it was being back in San Diego - yes, we stumbled out by the bay to enjoy our morning coffee and just enjoyed the view. We also took in a couple of sunsets as that were equally gorgeous.

I love Vegas - you know I do - but I think the location, the climate, the view and the laid-back atmosphere that IS San Diego - all contributed toward me getting all my work done without freaking out and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. lol By the end of Vegas I'm fried, but after Cybernet - I was energized! (even WITH those awful crutches)

Great show Fay - two thumbs up!
:okthumb: :okthumb:

LadyLaw
06-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Because they never went to bed in the first place?? :D :D

*KK*
06-17-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by LadyLaw@Jun 17 2004, 01:20 PM
And then they all sat their asses under my window by the pool drinking their damn coffee and Krispy Kremes and yapped all morning while I was trying to sleep... ;)

Fay, you forgot the "beds were so hard it was either get up go get spinal surgery" option ;-}}}} Thanks for the candy bars!

Dianna Vesta
06-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by LadyLaw@Jun 17 2004, 04:20 PM
lol- I was reading this shit about maturing, yadda yadda and you hit the nail right on the head.

That or drugs are too expensive and they're all a lot poorer.

Sharpie
06-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by *KK*+Jun 17 2004, 09:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*KK* @ Jun 17 2004, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--LadyLaw@Jun 17 2004, 01:20 PM
And then they all sat their asses under my window by the pool drinking their damn coffee and Krispy Kremes and yapped all morning while I was trying to sleep... ;)

Fay, you forgot the "beds were so hard it was either get up go get spinal surgery" option ;-}}}} Thanks for the candy bars![/b][/quote]
No, I hadn't heard that about the beds...... Mine was fine.
Guess that answers the question why they are replacing them chain-wide this year. Maybe Hyatt is going to to something similiar to the 'Heavenly beds...?

They have also put money in the budget to refurbish all the Terrace rooms this year. That part of the complex was originally built by an airline who housed their pilots and stewarderess there.