PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, got that number wrong...

RawAlex
06-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Well, there goes another one of Bush's campaign boasts out the window... seems that a report issues a couple of months back sayign terrorism was down in 2003 wasn't exactly right...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/06/10/powell.te...t.ap/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/06/10/powell.terror.report.ap/index.html)

It's like keystone cops.

Alex

Rolo
06-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Yeah, and I used those numbers in an earlier thread.... :(

I guess, my saying should be: People and their numbers, I do not trust! :unsure:

With torture photos from Iraq, wrong reports, cia officials stepping down... one should think that someone from the inside is working against the president - just too many mistake in a short time, which seams incredible stupid for a system (not thinking of the politicians here, but the system)... maybe its payback from the CIA.... I see a Oliver Stone conspiracy script in the making :ph34r:

RawAlex
06-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Rolo, I have mentioned before, I would love to do ao documentary on how the Bush family manages to have not one by TWO one term presidents. It is amazing to think about, the son learned nothing from the father, apparently. At least Jeb has managed to get two terms in Florida.

Alex

Vick
06-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Jun 11 2004, 10:56 AM
Rolo, I have mentioned before, I would love to do ao documentary on how the Bush family manages to have not one by TWO one term presidents. It is amazing to think about, the son learned nothing from the father, apparently. At least Jeb has managed to get two terms in Florida.

Alex
a little Micheal Moore hero worship he he he he

Almighty Colin
06-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Jun 11 2004, 10:56 AM

Alex
A better documentary would be about an amazing family dedicated to public service - you know two US presidents, a vice president, two governors, a congressman, a UN ambassador, a CIA director and one of the youngest pilots in US Navy history. Can you say dynasty?

BTW, "W" was elected to to two terms in Texas.

Opti
06-13-2004, 11:02 AM
A better documentary would be about an amazing family dedicated to public service - you know two US presidents, a vice president, two governors, a congressman, a UN ambassador, a CIA director and one of the youngest pilots in US Navy history. Can you say dynasty?
It is a great family record.. the question, "how" on earth did they manage it, does spring to mind pretty fast though.

Vick
06-13-2004, 08:31 PM
When it comes to political families the question that always boggles my mind

How did Teddy K miss getting a bullet?

Mike AI
06-13-2004, 08:34 PM
When I read the first report in the paper, I knew it had to be bullshit - it just goes against common sense.

aeon
06-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Jun 13 2004, 04:39 PM
It's hard to score a head shot when the guy is drunk and swerving off a bridge :hic:

Almighty Colin
06-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Opti@Jun 13 2004, 10:10 AM
It is a great family record.. the question, "how" on earth did they manage it, does spring to mind pretty fast though.
I missed "senator". Old Prescott was a Senator.

We have the Kennedy and Bush political dynasties in recent American history. "How"? They won elections. People and states voted for them.

RawAlex
06-13-2004, 10:42 PM
60 minutes tonight touched on the issue of the "skulls" secret society... both Bush and Kerry are members of a group that only gets 15 new members a year. Funny how that happens.

5 Bush appointees are also on that list, and his father is a member too.

How strange!

Alex

Vick
06-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by aeon+Jun 13 2004, 08:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aeon @ Jun 13 2004, 08:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Vick@Jun 13 2004, 04:39 PM
It's hard to score a head shot when the guy is drunk and swerving off a bridge :hic:[/b][/quote]
ah ha ha ha ha :wnw:

Vick
06-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Jun 13 2004, 09:50 PM
60 minutes tonight touched on the issue of the "skulls" secret society... both Bush and Kerry are members of a group that only gets 15 new members a year. Funny how that happens.

How strange!

Alex
How secret can Skull and Bones be when everyone has heard of it? :blink:

Buff
06-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Colin+Jun 13 2004, 08:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ Jun 13 2004, 08:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--RawAlex@Jun 11 2004, 10:56 AM

Alex

BTW, "W" was elected to to two terms in Texas.[/b][/quote]
Public service? I do not call mooching off the taxpayers and regulating their lives in return "service." I call that being a parasite. Granted the elder Bush flew around 40 combat missions in WWII, so I can overlook some of his disasterous presidency, but let's not get caught up using the political class' own brainwashing rhetoric.

Colin, you should know better!

Buff
06-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Vick+Jun 13 2004, 09:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Jun 13 2004, 09:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--RawAlex@Jun 13 2004, 09:50 PM

How strange!

Alex
How secret can Skull and Bones be when everyone has heard of it? :blink:[/b][/quote]
It's not as secret as the Citadel's "10" which Pat Conroy exposed in his novel The Lords of Discipline.