PDA

View Full Version : GO LIGHTNING! Best sporting event EVER!

Mike AI
06-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Man I am so freaking pumped - what a game.

In the first period I snagged a puck out of the air with my LEFT hand. ( it was heading towards my beautiful wife). A one in a million shot, I could not do it again if people shot 100 pucks at me.

http://hirise.biz/camaro/bolts/images/Photo%20%2021.JPG

http://hirise.biz/camaro/bolts/images/Photo%20%2037.JPG

Lange
06-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Very cool Mike...It was a great game.

Hell Puppy
06-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Our local ECHL team has one of the best marketing promotions I've ever seen...

Anytime a puck goes into the stands, they run an ad for a local dentistry service on the scoreboards and over the p.a.

pushpills
06-08-2004, 01:49 AM
damn a puck, that's a pretty rare catch, especially on the winning night!! not like catching a baseball (I got hit by one once...buddy grabbed it and gave it to me)

sounds like you had a blast!

gonzo
06-08-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jun 7 2004, 10:50 PM
Man I am so freaking pumped - what a game.

In the first period I snagged a puck out of the air with my LEFT hand. ( it was heading towards my beautiful wife). A one in a million shot, I could not do it again if people shot 100 pucks at me.

http://hirise.biz/camaro/bolts/images/Photo%20%2021.JPG

http://hirise.biz/camaro/bolts/images/Photo%20%2037.JPG
Now THAT is a big old eat shit and die grin if Ive ever seen one!

Dravyk
06-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Ho-ly sh-it!!! That is a rarity! WTG Mike!!! That definitely deserves one of these: :rokk:

Btw, we notice your left arm wasn't in the photo for a reason ... Hope they can sew that back on!

Mike AI
06-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jun 8 2004, 02:13 AM
Ho-ly sh-it!!! That is a rarity! WTG Mike!!! That definitely deserves one of these: :rokk:

Btw, we notice your left arm wasn't in the photo for a reason ... Hope they can sew that back on!
HEHE I only a a bruise on my left hand. It in noticible though, well worth the price.

I think its just my luck in Tampa. I caught a pre-season Yankee babseball game out here - was sitting on third base line 4 rows over dugout, and caught a line drive foul ball. Luckily I used 2 hands and cupped it.

I have that on my desk too!

Jim
06-08-2004, 08:54 AM
MIKE!! truly the rarest of the rare!! not just a puck...but a GAME 7 STANLEY CUP WIN!!

i am sure this will not easily be surpassed...i remember when the PENS won the cup....pittsburgh was out of control!

CONGRATS! :rokk:

btw....ever since you married Katie....you your luck has been increasing!
she must be the lucky charm!

Evil Chris
06-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Nice catch! It's even more rare that pucks fly into the stands now that they have the netting at either end of the ice.

Great game huh? When Lecavalier brings the cup home to Ile-Bizard (where I live), I'll try to make it over and take a few pics.

Nice to see a Louisiana boy converted into a hockey fan! :lol:

DrGuile
06-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Jun 8 2004, 09:10 AM
Nice catch! It's even more rare that pucks fly into the stands now that they have the netting at either end of the ice.

Great game huh? When Lecavalier brings the cup home to Ile-Bizard (where I live), I'll try to make it over and take a few pics.

Mike should lend you his puck so you can get it signed! Now that would be awesome.

A stanley cup win game 7 puck... man.... that's sweet...

You dont deserve it you bandwagon jumper ;)

btw, stupid question, if a football goes in the stands, can you keep it?

*KK*
06-08-2004, 10:40 AM
There's nothing like being there in the final game of a sporting event -- my all time favorite is still Game 7 of the Diamondbacks-Yankees a couple years ago.

Congrats!

Buff
06-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jun 8 2004, 06:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jun 8 2004, 06:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Dravyk@Jun 8 2004, 02:13 AM

HEHE I only a a bruise on my left hand. It in noticible though, well worth the price.

I think its just my luck in Tampa. I caught a pre-season Yankee babseball game out here - was sitting on third base line 4 rows over dugout, and caught a line drive foul ball. Luckily I used 2 hands and cupped it.

I have that on my desk too![/b][/quote]
Note: Mike is a target of pro-athletes at sporting events; sit opposite him.

Nice snag! That's got to be much rarer than snagging a baseball. Looks like a good time.

Evil Chris
06-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Jun 8 2004, 10:48 AM
There's nothing like being there in the final game of a sporting event -- my all time favorite is still Game 7 of the Diamondbacks-Yankees a couple years ago.

Congrats!
Indeed! Keep your schedules open to be in Toronto the first week of June 2005! :lol:

Billy
06-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Mike has all the luck I go play golf and this guy walks in
front of me.. the balls of somepeople !

http://isjustanasshole.com/pics/golfextra.jpg

Mike AI
06-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile+Jun 8 2004, 09:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ Jun 8 2004, 09:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Evil Chris@Jun 8 2004, 09:10 AM

Mike should lend you his puck so you can get it signed! Now that would be awesome.

A stanley cup win game 7 puck... man.... that's sweet...

You dont deserve it you bandwagon jumper ;)

btw, stupid question, if a football goes in the stands, can you keep it?[/b][/quote]

I am definately a hockey fan now.... never intersted me before.

I am fortunate to move into a city that had a team that was in the playoffs. I definately jumped on the bandwagon, but it was fun!!

I have a new respect for hockey players, and am a liftime fan now!

masterp74
06-08-2004, 03:28 PM
two words: EBAY!

that puck is a collector's item

DrGuile
06-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jun 8 2004, 02:32 PM

I am fortunate to move into a city that had a team that was in the playoffs. I definately jumped on the bandwagon, but it was fun!!

Its all good Mike, as long as you can pronounce 'Lecavalier' correctly

:agrin:

MasterPee, Mike had a much better idea than you with framing it and putting it up on a wall.

Mike AI
06-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile+Jun 8 2004, 03:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ Jun 8 2004, 03:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@Jun 8 2004, 02:32 PM

Its all good Mike, as long as you can pronounce 'Lecavalier' correctly

:agrin:

MasterPee, Mike had a much better idea than you with framing it and putting it up on a wall.[/b][/quote]

Remember I am from New Orleans.... So I can pronounce some French!

There is NO way I would sell this puck.... at least short of 6 figures. ( Barry Bonds prices I would sell!)