PDA

View Full Version : Saddam about to be transfered into Iraqi hands?

Almighty Colin
06-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Wouldn't guess this would happen before the US election.

"When sovereignty is transferred, we will receive all the detainees, including Saddam, and we will put them on trial," Dr. Allawi said.

Winetalk.com
06-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Colin@Jun 6 2004, 11:22 AM

"When sovereignty is transferred, we will receive all the detainees, including Saddam, and we will put them on trial," Dr. Allawi said.
will be interesting to see how this developes....

gilgy
06-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Colin@Jun 6 2004, 08:22 AM

Can someone explain the difference between a detainee and a prisoner. And yes this should be very interesting. Soon there will be a whole new definition of sovereignity. Seems to me you either are or you are not. There is no almost sovereign I would think.

Winetalk.com
06-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by gilgy+Jun 6 2004, 12:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gilgy @ Jun 6 2004, 12:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Colin@Jun 6 2004, 08:22 AM

Can someone explain the difference between a detainee and a prisoner. And yes this should be very interesting. Soon there will be a whole new definition of sovereignity. Seems to me you either are or you are not. There is no almost sovereign I would think.[/b][/quote]
let's call the "almost sovereign" as...Transition Period
;-)))

JR
06-06-2004, 02:13 PM
there is a reason why historically, all heirs to the throne are killed when there is a change of power.

its a bad idea in my opinion. it's the "right idea" in terms of setting an example of justice, democracy, freedom, rule of law blah blah blah... but someone with influence over so many, particularly a minority who just lost so much power, prestige and influence should not be alive in the same country IMHO.

Winetalk.com
06-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by JR@Jun 6 2004, 01:21 PM
there is a reason why historically, all heirs to the throne are killed when there is a change of power.

its a bad idea in my opinion. it's the "right idea" in terms of setting an example of justice, democracy, freedom, rule of law blah blah blah... but someone with influence over so many, particularly a minority who just lost so much power, prestige and influence should not be alive in the same country IMHO.
worked for Richard the Third
;-)))

Rolo
06-06-2004, 05:38 PM
If they remember to not let Saddam talk to the world TV channels, and only play all the crazy things he did, then it might help the US and the new goverment...

gilgy
06-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Rolo@Jun 6 2004, 01:46 PM
If they remember to not let Saddam talk to the world TV channels, and only play all the crazy things he did, then it might help the US and the new goverment...
Weren't they "liberated" to stop shit like that happening....you know....censorship of the media? Let him babble. Let the world make up their mind. Hell I want to hear what he has to say. Don't be afraid of the truth. Don't let it become the first, second and third casualty of war.

Rolo
06-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Have you read an Arab/Islamic news site or watched an arab TV news station lately?

The chances that they will report anything close to the truth is the same as the chances that Saddam will remorse what he has done...

gilgy
06-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Rolo@Jun 6 2004, 03:13 PM
Have you read an Arab/Islamic news site or watched an arab TV news station lately?

The chances that they will report anything close to the truth is the same as the chances that Saddam will remorse what he has done...
So you think Fox and CNN are any different? I think not. You can watch your truth. They can watch theirs.

Winetalk.com
06-06-2004, 07:36 PM
truth......WHO can handle teh Truth?
;-))

Our liberals? Their extremists?
I don't think ANYBODY wants it

Rolo
06-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by gilgy@Jun 6 2004, 03:25 PM
So you think Fox and CNN are any different? I think not. You can watch your truth. They can watch theirs.
As I said no one should hear what Saddam has to say... is there even a point to watch him? I think they have enough evidence on tape... what new can he bring to the case?

Sure in a perfect world, Saddam should be allowed to address the world, but part of the reason we are in the middle east is that this world is not perfect, and I can not see any real good argument for allowing a man to fuel more hate in the world - he has done enough.... he should sit in a steal cage, so people can see him - make it a character killing - not a soapbox for ex. dictators.

gilgy
06-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Rolo+Jun 6 2004, 04:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rolo @ Jun 6 2004, 04:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gilgy@Jun 6 2004, 03:25 PM
As I said no one should hear what Saddam has to say... is there even a point to watch him? I think they have enough evidence on tape... what new can he bring to the case?

Sure in a perfect world, Saddam should be allowed to address the world, but part of the reason we are in the middle east is that this world is not perfect, and I can not see any real good argument for allowing a man to fuel more hate in the world - he has done enough.... he should sit in a steal cage, so people can see him - make it a character killing - not a soapbox for ex. dictators.[/b][/quote]
Gotta love American justice. Guilty until proven innocent. Where the hell did you grow up? France?

Rolo
06-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by gilgy@Jun 6 2004, 05:21 PM
Gotta love American justice. Guilty until proven innocent. Where the hell did you grow up? France?
Are you judge and jury in the case against Saddam??? What makes you think that your eyeballs will make any difference in the court room?

gilgy
06-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Rolo+Jun 6 2004, 05:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rolo @ Jun 6 2004, 05:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gilgy@Jun 6 2004, 05:21 PM
Are you judge and jury in the case against Saddam??? What makes you think that your eyeballs will make any difference in the court room?[/b][/quote]
Then lets just have a star chamber. An entire country was invaded, billions are being spent, all because of this one man. Do you not think the world has a right to see the proceedings? Remember Nuremburg. There is a precedent.

Rolo
06-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by gilgy@Jun 6 2004, 05:38 PM
Then lets just have a star chamber. An entire country was invaded, billions are being spent, all because of this one man. Do you not think the world has a right to see the proceedings? Remember Nuremburg. There is a precedent.
Has a right? Which international law say that ex. dicators should have international public TV trials?

I didn´t recall Adolf Hitler at the Nuremberg trial - did he make a good public defense speech for himself?

From your eager, then I can almost read your mind here from my small french wine castle... you are thinking:

"The country was not invaded it was slaughtered, the billions will be paid back with the oil you are stealing, and please do not insult my own mighty intelligence by thinking this war was because of 1 man - there were atleast 3 Husseins on your most wanted list... I know all this will be shown at the trial, so the trial must be public... Saddam needs to tell the truth once more!"

But I´m sure no matter what, then you will read this in your local Saudi Arabia newspapper anyway, so do not cry if you do not get pictures to go with story :)

Last edited by Rolo at Jun 6 2004, 06:14 PM

gilgy
06-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Rolo+Jun 6 2004, 06:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rolo @ Jun 6 2004, 06:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gilgy@Jun 6 2004, 05:38 PM
Has a right? Which international law say that ex. dicators should have international public TV trials?

I didn´t recall Adolf Hitler at the Nuremberg trial - did he make a good public defense speech for himself?

From your eager, then I can almost read your mind here from my small french wine castle... you are thinking:

"The country was not invaded it was slaughtered, the billions will be paid back with the oil you are stealing, and please do not insult my own mighty intelligence by thinking this war was because of 1 man - there were atleast 3 Husseins on your most wanted list... I know all this will be shown at the trial, so the trial must be public... Saddam needs to tell the truth once more!"

But I´m sure no matter what, then you will read this in your local Saudi Arabia newspapper anyway, so do not cry if you do not get pictures to go with story :)[/b][/quote]
"I didn´t recall Adolf Hitler at the Nuremberg trial - did he make a good public defense speech for himself?"
He was dead you moron.

Rolo
06-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by gilgy@Jun 6 2004, 06:19 PM
He was dead you moron.
No need to get grumpy, because you were wrong....

Anyway Bush will probably accept a public trial - he needs to play a joker before election - Saddam might be it... So for once you and Bush are in harmony - aaaahhhhh :wub:

gilgy
06-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Rolo+Jun 6 2004, 06:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rolo @ Jun 6 2004, 06:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gilgy@Jun 6 2004, 06:19 PM
He was dead you moron.
No need to get grumpy, because you were wrong....

Anyway Bush will probably accept a public trial - he needs to play a joker before election - Saddam might be it... So for once you and Bush are in harmony - aaaahhhhh :wub:[/b][/quote]
What do you mean for once? Oh yeah, and Hitler was alive during the Nuremberg trials. What was I thinking. He testified just befor Eichman had his say. I must have been putting my popcorn in the microwave when Edward R. Murrough described the scene.

Rolo
06-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by gilgy@Jun 6 2004, 07:11 PM
What do you mean for once?
ok, since you are new, then I will do some free thinking for you...

I said "Saddam, who were the leader/dictator of Iraq, should not have a public TV trial"
You said "Nuremberg trial, is a precedent."
I ask "Hitler, who were the leader/dictator of Germany, did he have a public TV trial"
You said "Hitler dead, moron"
I said "you were wrong"

To sum this up, it means that you can not compare the Nuremberg trial with the trial against Saddam, since Saddam was the dictator, the icon, the synonym of power, and the Nuremberg gang were officers. If the Nuremberg should be precedent, then it would need someone with atleast the same featues as Saddam, and the only man was Hitler, but as you said yourself he was dead, so he could not stand trial.

Saddam is not dead, and he is a icon for many, he is the father of an ideologi, proving that he was wrong to his followers would be like crucifying jesus... even when he bleeds, then his followers will shake their heads in disbelief, because prophets can not really die, they transform into martys or even gods!

If you do not understand this, then I could do a hand puppet show for you, but since I´m french, then I do not wear socks....

gilgy
06-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Rolo+Jun 6 2004, 07:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rolo @ Jun 6 2004, 07:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gilgy@Jun 6 2004, 07:11 PM
What do you mean for once?
ok, since you are new, then I will do some free thinking for you...

I said "Saddam, who were the leader/dictator of Iraq, should not have a public TV trial"
You said "Nuremberg trial, is a precedent."
I ask "Hitler, who were the leader/dictator of Germany, did he have a public TV trial"
You said "Hitler dead, moron"
I said "you were wrong"

To sum this up, it means that you can not compare the Nuremberg trial with the trial against Saddam, since Saddam was the dictator, the icon, the synonym of power, and the Nuremberg gang were officers. If the Nuremberg should be precedent, then it would need someone with atleast the same featues as Saddam, and the only man was Hitler, but as you said yourself he was dead, so he could not stand trial.

Saddam is not dead, and he is a icon for many, he is the father of an ideologi, proving that he was wrong to his followers would be like crucifying jesus... even when he bleeds, then his followers will shake their heads in disbelief, because prophets can not really die, they transform into martys or even gods!

If you do not understand this, then I could do a hand puppet show for you, but since I´m french, then I do not wear socks....[/b][/quote]
Ah, you are French. OK, now I understand your view of history. You have no need to explain it again. I understand why you think what you think. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Vive La France Libre.

Rolo
06-07-2004, 11:58 AM
gilgy, you have a hard time understanding irony, and a even worse time understanding life and politics... I therefore recommend that you restart your life from scratch at http://pbskids.org/sesame/ , and then come back in 18 years or so, when you are old enough to visit the Moulin Rouge on Avenue de Clichy or master the voices in your head (btw. is one of them confucy?) :awinky:

Now school is in - Sesame street is call for you... "Much to learn you still have" :okthumb:

Buff
06-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Does this mean he can't be Kerry's running mate?

gilgy
06-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Rolo@Jun 7 2004, 08:06 AM
gilgy, you have a hard time understanding irony, and a even worse time understanding life and politics... I therefore recommend that you restart your life from scratch at http://pbskids.org/sesame/ , and then come back in 18 years or so, when you are old enough to visit the Moulin Rouge on Avenue de Clichy or master the voices in your head (btw. is one of them confucy?) :awinky:

Now school is in - Sesame street is call for you... "Much to learn you still have" :okthumb:
Sorry, been there M. Rolo. Until you get your history straight, I wouldn't be posting opinions like these. Voices???? did I hear the ghost of degaulle telling me that Hitler was still alive in Rolo's basement?
Here is a little historical question for you. You probably already know the answer.

Why did the French plant trees on the Champs Elysee?

So the Germans could march in the shade.

Rolo
06-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Dear gilgy,

If you want to insult with french jokes, then why don´t you tell your french jokes to some french guy? :groucho:

The voices in your head I were refering too, are the ones who made you write the word french and moron without even knowing me... the human psychic is interesting, however your mental state is boring predictable... I predict if I continue to make indirect insults at you, then your anger level will rise to a point where you will become my little stalker here at Oprano, and while the idea of the countless hours we could spend together making Serge money/pageviews is tempting too you, then I will probably get bored to death with you after a few days - you will end up repeating yourself, and at some point I would have to disown you :ttth!:

You will be left in the dark, cold and alone with your voices, but hopefully someone new will come along and pick up where I left you, however since you will be on your way down, instead of up, then I do not think many Opranonauts want to waste their time toying with you. You will have to go back to the gutter of predictable sig whores at gfy (do not worry we have a map at Oprano, which wil show you the way), and you will then go into a never ending symbiosis with the sig whores... you tell them about your voices, and they reply to you, so they can make a penny :barfon:

So you see I have to let you go now, or you will only end up in the gutter, where you will join the countless morons who keep a dying part of the industry alive, when we need change. I´m waiting for this change, and see it come closer each day, so it would be wrong for me to indirectly stretch the wait :headwall:

Yours,

Rolo

PS! Here is the hand puppet version of the above text: :wankit:

gilgy
06-07-2004, 10:48 PM
but since I´m french, then I do not wear socks....

You are French. You are not French. Who really cares.
BTW, I am not angry at you M.Rolo. Just fascinated. Do you smoke a lot of ganja?