Rolo
06-04-2004, 11:57 AM
How is your basic view on life?

sarettah
06-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Life is a terminal condition....

CuriousToyBoy
06-04-2004, 12:48 PM
I believe that a pessimisyt is simply and optimist with life experience.

:rokk:

LadyLaw
06-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back.

An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world. A pessimist fears that this is true.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. --Gil Stern

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities, and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties. --Harry Truman

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit. --Helen Keller

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

LadyLaw
06-04-2004, 01:00 PM
And one for the boys:

A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is a man who hopes they are. ~Chauncey Mitchell Depew

CuriousToyBoy
06-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by LadyLaw@Jun 5 2004, 03:04 AM
Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back.

An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world. A pessimist fears that this is true.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. --Gil Stern

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities, and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties. --Harry Truman

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit. --Helen Keller

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Brilliant post - enjoyed those quotes immensely.

Thx

:bwave:

Peaches
06-04-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic :)

Mike AI
06-04-2004, 01:54 PM
I like to classify myself as a realisitc optimist.

B)

pushpills
06-04-2004, 02:58 PM
skitzo. i eventully get what i want but it's usually only half what I expected and makes me want something else.

Rolo
06-05-2004, 02:01 PM
As long as I can remember, then I have been a happy optimist - not in a loony kinda way, but in a calm manner, which have helped me look past problems, and be glad for life... I know we all have our own litlle way of dealing with life, and find it interesting meeting people with a different perspective... The quotes LadyLaw gave are very fitting :)

However I wonder where the depressed doomsayers are - sure there must be some in the adult business? :)

chodadog
06-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by LadyLaw@Jun 4 2004, 09:04 AM
Or these days, builds a wind farm.

Almighty Colin
06-06-2004, 06:12 AM
I'm with Mike. Realistic optimist. The world is good with a few bad days mixed in. ;-)

CuriousToyBoy
06-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jun 5 2004, 05:06 AM
skitzo. i eventully get what i want but it's usually only half what I expected and makes me want something else.
I too used be schizophrenic.

But we are both fine now.

:gbounce:

PBucksLauren
06-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Ahhh life is beautiful!

Except when I have PMS!

Vick
06-07-2004, 04:38 PM
It's terminal

No one gets out alive

Chances are if your parents didn't have sex neither will you