PDA

View Full Version : Starting shit with someone on boards

spazlabz
06-03-2004, 06:31 AM
I recently saw a name on a board that just makes me Ill. No, not the name itself, but what/who the nick represents and I got to tell you. I have serious personal issues with this person/group of people. I mean I am a happy, goofy, silly kind of fucker but in this particular instance I would love nothing more than to take a baseball bat and swing like babe ruth on some fucking knees.
However, I have always held the opinion that starting or participating in a name calling flame war just makes you look like an ignorant ass so I avoid it as much as possible.
But WWGD (what would gonzo do) if he saw a nickname that just pissed him off in the seeing? And everyone else as well?
Just wondering

spaz

Trev
06-03-2004, 07:26 AM
I'd go in all guns blazing :kapow: :shooter:

But thats just me and everyone knows I'm a "stupid ass" :D

Hammer
06-03-2004, 08:34 AM
If everyone would just learn that responding to morons just keeps them around longer we'd all be much better off. That kind of person remains on the boards because they get attention. If everyone ignored them they'd go away sooner or later.

Kind of like Lawrence Connor. He was annoying everyone for a long time because people kept responding to his posts and giving him the juice he needed. He's an attention whore. But, now when he posts, everyone ignores him so he's hardly ever around anymore. Without the attention he craves, he withered on the vine.

JoesHO
06-03-2004, 10:34 AM
I am a lover not a fighter :D

kath
06-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Great topic - and timely too!

Check out: http://www.opranoplus.com/

The Article for June 2nd is titled "The Do's and Dont's of Airing Your Dirty Laundry in a Public Forum".... I have to agree with The Hammer, sometimes starting piss - or just continuing it - seems to keep those nasty bastards around longer. It's like bait they just can't seem to resist. And then they are hell to get rid of once they settle in....

WWGD??? Ack - that's a scary thought. I think he'd say "here webmaster, webmaster..." and sneak up with a mallot behind his back. lol

Can't you just SEE that? I don't think we should ask WWGD - is that really a standard we want others to live up to???

:rolleyes:

Last edited by kath at Jun 3 2004, 07:40 AM

gonzo
06-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by kath@Jun 3 2004, 10:39 AM
Great topic - and timely too!

Check out: http://www.opranoplus.com/

The Article for June 2nd is titled "The Do's and Dont's of Airing Your Dirty Laundry in a Public Forum".... I have to agree with The Hammer, sometimes starting piss - or just continuing it - seems to keep those nasty bastards around longer. It's like bait they just can't seem to resist. And then they are hell to get rid of once they settle in....

WWGD??? Ack - that's a scary thought. I think he'd say "here webmaster, webmaster..." and sneak up with a mallot behind his back. lol

Can't you just SEE that? I don't think we should ask WWGD - is that really a standard we want others to live up to???

:rolleyes:
Im just wondering what resource is gonna put up with my bullshit when we are done here...

fuckingmoney.com
06-03-2004, 03:39 PM
I usually sort things out with ICQ :)

Like the adultcash thing heheh :inlove:

JR
06-03-2004, 04:02 PM
i think that pissing on the boards is usually pointless unless you can make it humorous and intelligent. otherwise, its just repetitive name calling and not entertaining.

Mike AI
06-03-2004, 04:07 PM
It is always better to handle things in private and exhuast all avenues before going public.

If you do have to go public, you better be able to milk someting out of it - because whatever the real issue is, will rarely get worked out.

However, if manipulated right getting good publicty can help and pointing out the finks in the world helps people avoid them.

PBucksLauren
06-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Don't even bother. Arguing over the computer is boring.

fuckingmoney.com
06-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by PBucksLauren@Jun 3 2004, 12:56 PM
Don't even bother. Arguing over the computer is boring.
*offtopic* nice site u got Lauren :)

Nickatilynx
06-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Both this thread and every person who has posted an opinion regarding it , sucks dick...all of you

Fuck you all!!!!!! ESpecially JR!!! ;-)))

If you spent less time pontificating and more time being gainfully employed by sending traffic to donutcash.com you would all be doing better!!!

;-))))

And kath ...ahuh...very resonable ........and very well written article too.

one word..." Kaiser" ;-))))))

HoneyBlond
06-03-2004, 08:21 PM
i think that pissing on the boards is usually pointless unless you can make it humorous and intelligent.

Very True
:okthumb:

spazlabz
06-04-2004, 07:07 AM
Looks like most of the people who posted said "say nothing" but the poll indicates blast away.
I have to admit, I am pretty firmly in the "keeping mouth shut" category because I do not think I have ever read a thread on a board where 2 people are blasting away that ever stays on the initial topic or resolves anything.
In the recent case which inspired this poll the correct course of action for me was/is to keep my freakin mouth shut and just avoid any threads that this person/group participates in. This works for 2 outstanding reasons;
#1 The have no idea who the *&^% I am!!
#2 They couldn't possibly give a *&^% what I think.

so, in a small meaningless way............. it's kinda freeing to be a nobody

FFN4L!!

spaz :matey: