PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone successfully removed

cj
05-31-2004, 01:53 AM
I've run adaware, spybot search and destroy, cwshredder & now I'm trying to figure out what to delete/not delete in hijack this

I've found & deleted 100's of entries of shit from months ago, about 50 from the last week - the toolbar is gone, the search redirect to spidersearch.com is gone but I can't get rid of the popup which occurs every time i refresh or 'back' on my browser.

The popup always loads a page from adultcash.com like xit.adultcash.com or popup.adultcash.com ... i've tried searching the registry for adultcash.com but obviously its disguised so non-technical people like me can't find it.

There isn't a lot of support sites which i've found that have successfully removed the entire thing. If anyone has had experience with this particular scumware, could you please offer some advice?

Or if anyone from adultcash.com is around, care to help fix what you fucked up or should I send the bill directly to your office?

DrewS
05-31-2004, 02:37 AM
hey cj

yeah i have..........re installed windows!

that little bastard is impossible to get off your pc.....have fun.

Drew B)

SykkBoy
05-31-2004, 02:43 AM
Only thing I've found is....using Netscape

Hell Puppy
05-31-2004, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by cj@May 31 2004, 01:01 AM
I've run adaware, spybot search and destroy, cwshredder & now I'm trying to figure out what to delete/not delete in hijack this

I've found & deleted 100's of entries of shit from months ago, about 50 from the last week - the toolbar is gone, the search redirect to spidersearch.com is gone but I can't get rid of the popup which occurs every time i refresh or 'back' on my browser.

The popup always loads a page from adultcash.com like xit.adultcash.com or popup.adultcash.com ... i've tried searching the registry for adultcash.com but obviously its disguised so non-technical people like me can't find it.

There isn't a lot of support sites which i've found that have successfully removed the entire thing. If anyone has had experience with this particular scumware, could you please offer some advice?

Or if anyone from adultcash.com is around, care to help fix what you fucked up or should I send the bill directly to your office?
If you're running a flavor of Windows that supports it, such as XP, do a System Restore to the day before you received the grunge.

cj
05-31-2004, 03:29 AM
thanks for that drew LOL
smartass :rolleyes:

HP, doing that now. thank you!

fuckingmoney.com
05-31-2004, 06:07 AM
someone else struggling with the same problem, solution is inside

http://www.computercops.biz/postt44602.html

fuckingmoney.com
05-31-2004, 06:09 AM
another one

http://computercops.biz/postt8466.html

Hope that fixes the chit

Winetalk.com
05-31-2004, 07:26 AM
is that Lensmans's shit?

fuckingmoney.com
05-31-2004, 07:51 AM
nope, 2 bad huh lol :)

aeon
05-31-2004, 07:53 AM
Adware/spyware assholes are the lowest slime on the net - and off the net. They should make the rape niche legal in one situation...huge cock interracial anal prison rape for the fuckers that distribute that shit.

Hell Puppy
05-31-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by aeon@May 31 2004, 07:01 AM
Adware/spyware assholes are the lowest slime on the net - and off the net. They should make the rape niche legal in one situation...huge cock interracial anal prison rape for the fuckers that distribute that shit.
Now would be a good time for Hooper to resurface and explain to us that we should just whine, complain and then accept it.

cj
05-31-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by aeon@May 31 2004, 07:01 AM
My sentiments exactly!!!!

fuckingmoney - both of those you posted I'd tried before here without success ;-(

BUT - I think we might have gotten it - Xippy rescued me just before I was about to do a system restore & the popup has been gone for a whole 12 hours.

My computer is also running incredibly faster :yowsa:

AdultCash - I hope you guys have a booth at a future show ... I'll come visit you personally!

Just out of curiousity, how many hours have each of you spent in the last few months removing viruses, toolbars and shit that you didn't put there?

We've probably clocked up about 50 hours between Xippy & I on 5 pc's in our office in the last 2 months ... that's $5k at $100 per hour. Should we pool our invoices?!??! LOL :groucho:

pushpills
05-31-2004, 08:44 PM
shazaam, anyone finds out who their programmer is, lmk.

so many webmasters cant controll spyware on their pc, need to learn more about their computers.

your computer is your occupation and livelihood, you need to know how to keep it healthy like a basketball player knows how to keep his body healthy (this is not a "diss" on you cj).

gonzo
05-31-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@May 31 2004, 07:52 PM

so many webmasters cant controll spyware on their pc, need to learn more about their computers.

your computer is your occupation and livelihood, you need to know how to keep it healthy like a basketball player knows how to keep his body healthy (this is not a "diss" on you cj).
Im getting a pad and paper Grogan is gonna teach us about VB and OLE and toolbars.

Vick
05-31-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+May 31 2004, 07:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ May 31 2004, 07:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pushpills@May 31 2004, 07:52 PM

Im getting a pad and paper Grogan is gonna teach us about VB and OLE and toolbars.[/b][/quote]
OLE toolbars.......

.... is that a Spanish thing?

pushpills
05-31-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+May 31 2004, 06:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ May 31 2004, 06:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pushpills@May 31 2004, 07:52 PM

Im getting a pad and paper Grogan is gonna teach us about VB and OLE and toolbars.[/b][/quote]
vb?

oh i've got a personal vault of aol freeze punters, pw stealers, and chat/im spammers from when I was 15

good times. :lol:

feels like a hundred years ago.

cj
05-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Pushpills, if I were to try to attempt to learn everything I needed to know to get these things completely removed from my pc (advanced windows knowledge required) who would run my business?

This pc is mine, I have a right to use it without having a programming/engineering degree. If we all had to know these things just to own a computer, who would take care of design, marketing, word processing, accounting, or any of the 100's of jobs people use computers for every day?

And lets not even get started on the surfers who are *our* customers, who are buying new computers or simply no longer using the internet because of these intrusive, damaging pieces of software making computers unusable for those who don't have the knowledge to fix it.

This is like saying that if you don't have a deadbolt on your front door, I have every right to walk in and rearrange your furniture & install some audio & video bugs so I can watch your daily living patterns & put relevant ads on your television.

gonzo
05-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by pushpills+May 31 2004, 08:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ May 31 2004, 08:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -gonzo@May 31 2004, 06:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--pushpills@May 31 2004, 07:52 PM

Im getting a pad and paper Grogan is gonna teach us about VB and OLE and toolbars.
vb?

oh i've got a personal vault of aol freeze punters, pw stealers, and chat/im spammers from when I was 15

feels like a hundred years ago.[/b][/quote]
Rainman

pushpills
05-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Vick+May 31 2004, 07:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ May 31 2004, 07:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -gonzo@May 31 2004, 07:57 PM

OLE toolbars.......

.... is that a Spanish thing?[/b][/quote]
OLAAAAAAAY

it's object linking and embedding

pushpills
05-31-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by cj@May 31 2004, 07:04 PM
Pushpills, if I were to try to attempt to learn everything I needed to know to get these things completely removed from my pc (advanced windows knowledge required) who would run my business?

This pc is mine, I have a right to use it without having a programming/engineering degree. If we all had to know these things just to own a computer, who would take care of design, marketing, word processing, accounting, or any of the 100's of jobs people use computers for every day?

And lets not even get started on the surfers who are *our* customers, who are buying new computers or simply no longer using the internet because of these intrusive, damaging pieces of software making computers unusable for those who don't have the knowledge to fix it.

This is like saying that if you don't have a deadbolt on your front door, I have every right to walk in and rearrange your furniture & install some audio & video bugs so I can watch your daily living patterns & put relevant ads on your television.
did you miss my "this isn't a diss on you cj" disclaimer?

just a recommendation that you learn more, how about 30 min a day for a couple months, would that ruin your business?

you look like you are still using your computer....but how about the next WORSE thing you get installed. would that impact your business when someones newbie-adware-gone-wrong fucks up your platform?

knowing some shit about computers should be part of running your computer related business. just my thoughts, don't have to get all huffy puffy, but hey why not. all I know is i didnt make that proggie.

cj
05-31-2004, 09:20 PM
pushpills, I didn't take it as a diss on me - I took it as a diss on all computer owners who don't have the skills to do what you are saying we should all be able to do. & when you say "Don't get huffy puffy" do you mean "Stop making sense?"

I have enough knowledge of how my computer works, I can fix almost everything that happens to it myself, EXCEPT when a piece of software edits my registry and I'm expected to know that {B58cD9c-9Ud67Kd-0kU93eD-98djmblK03} is different to {B58cD9c-9Ud67Kd-0kU93eD-98djmblK04} & how to fix it.

What did you do when your Camaro broke down and needed repairs? Did you do it yourself? Why not? Its your car, you should know how to do everything to do with it ... shouldn't you?

You are assuming that because I can't remove spyware I know nothing about my computer ... as always, you'd know best and the rest of us are just stupid. :rolleyes:

pushpills
05-31-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by cj@May 31 2004, 07:28 PM

You are assuming that because I can't remove spyware I know nothing about my computer ... as always, you'd know best and the rest of us are just stupid. :rolleyes:
yea that's what i meant.....musta been a typo.

when i have a little car problem, yep, i try to learn how to fix it if i dont know how already, the knowledge could be usefull throughout my life.

but i also enjoy that knowledge, as well as i do my computer knowledge. it's not just work to me.

kay sarahhhh.

aeon
05-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by cj@May 31 2004, 05:28 PM
pushpills, I didn't take it as a diss on me - I took it as a diss on all computer owners who don't have the skills to do what you are saying we should all be able to do. & when you say "Don't get huffy puffy" do you mean "Stop making sense?"

I have enough knowledge of how my computer works, I can fix almost everything that happens to it myself, EXCEPT when a piece of software edits my registry and I'm expected to know that {B58cD9c-9Ud67Kd-0kU93eD-98djmblK03} is different to {B58cD9c-9Ud67Kd-0kU93eD-98djmblK04} & how to fix it.

What did you do when your Camaro broke down and needed repairs? Did you do it yourself? Why not? Its your car, you should know how to do everything to do with it ... shouldn't you?

You familiar with the idea "it's not wise to try and reason with a child?" :awinky:

Hammer
05-31-2004, 09:55 PM
Children that are still supported by their parents have considerably more free time on their hands to learn how to fix a car or their computer than the rest of us working stiffs with families. We have lots of important things to do when we aren't running our businesses unlike kids that just have to decide whether they want to go to the mall, play with their computer or smoke a bowl.

pushpills
05-31-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by aeon@May 31 2004, 07:45 PM

You familiar with the idea "it's not wise to try and reason with a child?" :awinky:
are you familiar with the idea "you're child is smarter than you, you're just too senile to realize it."

pushpills
05-31-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by The Hammer@May 31 2004, 08:03 PM
Children that are still supported by their parents have considerably more free time on their hands to learn how to fix a car or their computer than the rest of us working stiffs with families. We have lots of important things to do when we aren't running our businesses unlike kids that just have to decide whether they want to go to the mall, play with their computer or smoke a bowl.
lol, if I depended on my parents at this age, i'd probably hang myself. success or death, there's no happy medium for me.

this thread has, as usual, gone back toward me. anyway, i just tried to give cj a solid piece of advice. she's older than me and of course therefor smarter, so she would never take it.

but here's another piece for ya: you don't know shit, format c:

aeon
05-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by pushpills+May 31 2004, 06:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ May 31 2004, 06:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--aeon@May 31 2004, 07:45 PM

are you familiar with the idea "you're child is smarter than you, you're just too senile to realize it."[/b][/quote]
I'm just hoping one day I can make a traffic deal for XXXfootball and afford a camaro and prove you wrong...we all have dreams. That's my life goal.

aeon
05-31-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by The Hammer@May 31 2004, 06:03 PM
give it up...this is the CPM baby for a few months ;)

Last edited by aeon at May 31 2004, 06:15 PM

pushpills
05-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by cj@May 31 2004, 06:39 PM

We've probably clocked up about 50 hours
those didn't hurt your business? 10 hrs learning your shit could have made those 50 hours only 3 minutes.

i'm young and dumb though, maybe someday i'll learn how spending more time on bullshit is more better for my business than spending less time on usefull stuff.

nickdark
06-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by gonzo+May 31 2004, 05:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ May 31 2004, 05:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -pushpills@May 31 2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by -gonzo@May 31 2004, 06:57 PM

so many webmasters cant controll spyware on their pc, need to learn more about their computers. 

vb?

feels like a hundred years ago.
Rainman[/b][/quote]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :nyanya:

nickdark
06-01-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@May 31 2004, 06:07 PM

lol, if I depended on my parents at this age, i'd probably hang myself. success or death, there's no happy medium for me.

wHESN THE FUNERAL ??

nickdark
06-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@May 31 2004, 06:07 PM

Whens the funeral ? :awinky:

cj
06-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by pushpills+May 31 2004, 09:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ May 31 2004, 09:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cj@May 31 2004, 06:39 PM

We've probably clocked up about 50 hours
those didn't hurt your business? 10 hrs learning your shit could have made those 50 hours only 3 minutes.

i'm young and dumb though, maybe someday i'll learn how spending more time on bullshit is more better for my business than spending less time on usefull stuff.[/b][/quote]
You could have removed this spyware in 3 minutes?!

:yowsa:

That makes you better than Kevin Mitnick's entire security team!!!!!

>>this thread has, as usual, gone back toward me.

because once again, you think you know best, despite only having 10% of the total information about a situation.

>>anyway, i just tried to give cj a solid piece of advice. she's older than me and of course therefor smarter, so she would never take it.

If your advice was good, I would have taken it no matter what your age, gender or level of intelligence. Wrong person to use that crybaby line on :rolleyes: Your advice was that I should learn more about my computer (which I already do every day) ... my point in the beginning was that people shouldn't have to.

Try considering the other persons points before you give your answers ... life isn't always about the answers ... sometimes its about the questions!

pushpills
06-01-2004, 01:15 AM
cj, i'd be better off talking to an onion blossom.

if you still have pc problems in a week post another thread, frequently, decent people catch me at my generous moments.

speaking of the whining of the delinquent:
http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?s...=ST&f=1&t=12059 (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?s=81cce02eb30f247e9f64bd48e7440d87&act=ST&f=1&t=12059)

HoneyBlond
06-01-2004, 05:44 AM
Thank You PushPills

the words ~ Arrested Development ~ have been wandering around my mind looking for something to connect with.

:lol:

Vick
06-01-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by HoneyBlond@Jun 1 2004, 04:52 AM
Thank You PushPills

the words ~ Arrested Development ~ have been wandering around my mind looking for something to connect with.

:lol:
:biglaugh: :okthumb:

sarettah
06-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@May 31 2004, 09:23 PM

Bullshit.

deeznuts
06-01-2004, 08:01 AM
adultcash.com (Brian muir) installs a trojan as well on your computer with their toolbar that opens a proxy (mail relay) for them to hijack your internet and use it to spam from.

megapornbucks.com (Charlo barbosa) also does the same thing it has been said on other forums.

bunch of shady / crooked stuff if you ask me

i'd report it to the FTC and see what laws they are breaking

i am pretty sure there is already an ftc case brewing. charlo barbosa has been sued by the ftc before and lost. this time it could be jail time for both of them (theft of service)

Last edited by deeznuts at Jun 1 2004, 04:33 AM

Winetalk.com
06-01-2004, 08:17 AM
Brian Muir....that's the name from the past.

oh my......

urb
06-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by cj@May 31 2004, 04:39 PM
BUT - I think we might have gotten it - Xippy rescued me just before I was about to do a system restore & the popup has been gone for a whole 12 hours.

Can you tell us what Xippy did please?

fuckingmoney.com
06-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by deeznuts@Jun 1 2004, 04:09 AM
megapornbucks.com (Charlo barbosa) also does the same thing it has been said on other forums.
Could u hit me up with some links, i would want to see that, time to put on my boots and kick another sponsor :)

SykkBoy
06-01-2004, 03:23 PM
so, would Oprano peeps pay my bail if I take a shit in the adultcash.com booth? Ya know, I'll hand them some toilet paper so they can clean up the initial mess, but the smell will still linger....kind of like their scumware......

gonzo
06-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jun 1 2004, 02:31 PM
so, would Oprano peeps pay my bail if I take a shit in the adultcash.com booth? Ya know, I'll hand them some toilet paper so they can clean up the initial mess, but the smell will still linger....kind of like their scumware......
If they are in San Diego I wont shit in their booth...I might drop by though.

*KK*
06-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@May 31 2004, 05:11 PM

you look like you are still using your computer....but how about the next WORSE thing you get installed. would that impact your business when someones newbie-adware-gone-wrong fucks up your platform?

Interestingly enough there's a little gem in this post.

Just like mailing, just like everything else on the web, it's the newbs that do generally fuck it up and cause stupid problems,

Peaches
06-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Jun 1 2004, 08:25 AM
Brian Muir....that's the name from the past.

oh my......
No kidding! In fact, those exact words came to mind when I read the post :unsure:

VooMan
06-01-2004, 04:55 PM
I remember that name too...

I also worked with a Bob Muir back in the day. He worked in the spray booth at the cabinet shop. He was a master with color, but I think the fumes made him a little nutty. hahaha

Then of course there's the Ghost and Mrs. Muir....

SykkBoy
06-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by VooMan@Jun 1 2004, 04:03 PM
I remember that name too...

I also worked with a Bob Muir back in the day. He worked in the spray booth at the cabinet shop. He was a master with color, but I think the fumes made him a little nutty. hahaha

Then of course there's the Ghost and Mrs. Muir....
...and don't forget Mike Muir

"So you're gonna be institutionalized
You'll come out brainwashed with bloodshot eyes
You won't have any say
They'll brainwash you until you see their way.

I'm not crazy - institutionalized
You're the one who's crazy - institutionalized
You're driving me crazy - institutionalized"

ah memories...time for me to go put some Suicidal Tendencies in the cd player

cj
06-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by deeznuts@Jun 1 2004, 07:09 AM
adultcash.com (Brian muir) installs a trojan as well on your computer with their toolbar that opens a proxy (mail relay) for them to hijack your internet and use it to spam from.

bunch of shady / crooked stuff if you ask me

i'd report it to the FTC and see what laws they are breaking

i am pretty sure there is already an ftc case brewing. charlo barbosa has been sued by the ftc before and lost. this time it could be jail time for both of them (theft of service)
that is very very interesting

we noticed the email thing but were just confused, that makes a lot of sense now that you say that ...

Funny that name came to my mind too ... a blast from the past!

hmmmmmmm deeper and deeper goes the rabbit warren

sarettah
06-01-2004, 10:30 PM
This Brian Muir ?:

(1997 salon article)

You'd think circle jerking would be the fastest possible way to alienate potential customers, but some circle jerkers claim a method to their madness. One "list player" suggested that surfers exhausted from following false links and wandering in circles will finally give up and agree to become paying customers. "That's what gets them to whip out that credit card," says Brian Muir, Webmaster for Butts-N-Sluts.

http://archive.salon.com/21st/feature/1997...01feature2.html (http://archive.salon.com/21st/feature/1997/12/cov_01feature2.html)