PDA

View Full Version : DB Designer/Programmer/Analyst/Mgr available

sarettah
05-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Does not do web design with pretty graphics.
Does not do free computer repair.
Does not agee with everything you say.
Does not Bullshit.
Is not at all politically correct.
Is obstinate, headstrong, egotistical, mean, ugly and fiercely independent.
Will tell you to fuck yourself in a heartbeat when it is appropriate.
Is not a team player in most senses of the word.
Does not play, like or appreciate office politics.
Does not get along well with others. (failed sandbox in kindergarten)
Is not a YES man, is not a NO man.
Demands client participation in their project.
Is high maintenance.
Delivers loyalty and demands loyalty in return.

Often Leads, rarely follows.

Will provide honest feedback at all times.
Can work with any fucking database: MySql, Oracle, SQLserver, FoxPro, Dbase, Paradox, Access, pretty much any fucking thing.
Can code fluently in multiple languages across multiple platforms.
Lives by the KISS principle. (definitely not by the KISS ASS principle)
Deals well with reality.
Takes minimal design requirements and turns them into reality.

Highest offer above 120k a year takes possesion immediately.

Is toilet trained.

Contact IamafuckingbastardbutIgetthejobdone@hatterasdesign s.com

Last edited by sarettah at May 21 2004, 07:13 PM

DrGuile
05-21-2004, 04:16 PM
I was looking for a YES man. Sorry ;)

sarettah
05-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@May 21 2004, 03:24 PM
I was looking for a YES man. Sorry ;)
I forgot to mention.. I am extremely flexible, can change my entire personality for any offer above 150K...... :yowsa:

(I aint cheap but I can be bought)

DrGuile
05-21-2004, 04:31 PM
I think an ugly programmer is a pleonasm...

:agrin:

sarettah
05-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@May 21 2004, 03:39 PM
I think an ugly programmer is a pleonasm...

:agrin:
Damn, you keep reminding me of important things that I forgot to mention....

Possesses a very limited vocabulary that consists of predominantly four letter words......

pleonasm my ass............ :yowsa:

Mike AI
05-21-2004, 05:13 PM
What languages do you program in?

pushpills
05-21-2004, 05:22 PM
will you work as a prostitute?

dantheman
05-21-2004, 05:34 PM
do you sw..............never mind : P

sarettah
05-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@May 21 2004, 04:21 PM
What languages do you program in?
coding is coding is coding... :)

Well versed in:

ASP
PHP
VB
VFP (and any of the xbase db languages)
Business BASIC
Power BASIC (pretty much any of the various BASIC versions all the way back to Gwbasic)
COBOL
RPG

(those are languages that I am actually developing in or have done projects in)

have used (but never done FULL development projects in)
C (from regular old C to C++)
FORTRAN
PERL
CCIS

Currently working in a windows environment writing ASP stuff against a SQL server database on the web side and using FoxPro and VB on the windows desktop side) for the dayjob. Also developing some windows desktop projects on the side in FoxPro, VB and powerbasic.

Did PHP against MYSql and SQLserver on the last job for the serverside and FoxPro against Oracle, SQLserver and SYBase on the desktop side. Also did some PERL utilities making Windows talk to UNIX and visa versa.

Prior to that I was in a predominantly mainframe shop (from 94-96 the only one developing PC and network apps out of a 25-50 programmer shop) using FoxPro and various BASICs on the desktop side, COBOL on the maniframe side and RPG on the 38.

sarettah
05-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@May 21 2004, 04:30 PM
will you work as a prostitute?
For 200k a year I could be convinced to whore myself out........... :okthumb:

Peaches
05-21-2004, 05:48 PM
I need a TiVo programmer and I didn't that on your list :( Sorry! Plus I can't afford you. My other programmers usually work for beer :okthumb:

sarettah
05-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@May 21 2004, 04:56 PM
I need a TiVo programmer and I didn't that on your list :( Sorry! Plus I can't afford you. My other programmers usually work for beer :okthumb:
I've never done TIVO, but I am fluent in VCR :yowsa:

Hardly drink anyways...........

HoneyBlond
05-21-2004, 07:29 PM
:lol:

Sarettah,

That is the best resume I have ever seen.

:okthumb:

( I'd hire you for honesty alone :awinky: )

Last edited by HoneyBlond at May 22 2004, 03:22 PM

Peaches
05-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 21 2004, 06:01 PM
I've never done TIVO, but I am fluent in VCR :yowsa:
And you left THAT off your resume??!! :zoinks:

Opti
05-22-2004, 03:02 PM
having a bad day Sarettah? :\ Your price is rising at a fast pace! Will be up around 400k by this afternoon at this rate :)

Your current employer better pray someone smart around here doesn't snap you up by the looks :groucho:

sarettah
05-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Opti@May 22 2004, 02:10 PM
having a bad day Sarettah? :\ Your price is rising at a fast pace! Will be up around 400k by this afternoon at this rate :)

Your current employer better pray someone smart around here doesn't snap you up by the looks :groucho:
I'd take 400K..... :yowsa:

It's been a bad year actually...lololol.......but some days I just get tired of the petty backstabbing asshole bullshit, ya know..........

All I want to do is do my job and make some money, other folks want to play politics and say fuck making the money.....

Doesn't make sense to me....

But what do I know............ :blink:

JoesHO
05-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Good luck Sarretah, I hope it comes your way... :)

Dravyk
05-23-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 21 2004, 04:35 PM
I forgot to mention.. I am extremely flexible
I'll valge for that! Sare sent me nude pics of himself and he is indeed flexible!!

No, I didn't request them nor ask me why he sent them. I'm too damned afraid to. :P

sarettah
05-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk+May 23 2004, 02:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ May 23 2004, 02:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--sarettah@May 21 2004, 04:35 PM
I forgot to mention.. I am extremely flexible
I'll valge for that! Sare sent me nude pics of himself and he is indeed flexible!!

No, I didn't request them nor ask me why he sent them. I'm too damned afraid to. :P[/b][/quote]
shhhh... everyone will want them.............. :okthumb:

Dravyk
05-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@May 23 2004, 09:40 PM
shhhh... everyone will want them.............. :okthumb:
hehe Got a reseller program? :rolleyes:

venturi
05-25-2004, 04:37 AM
If you're truly as dead sexy as it seems and dead serious about wanting a job as a webmaster, I might be able to steer you to someone that's hiring. But ONLY if you are serious.

sarettah
05-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by venturi@May 25 2004, 03:45 AM
If you're truly as dead sexy as it seems and dead serious about wanting a job as a webmaster, I might be able to steer you to someone that's hiring. But ONLY if you are serious.
Me, dead sexy ??? :unsure:

I am an oogly old guy.... Nothing sexy about me...lolololol....

I am always open to offers :)

My current rants are in regard to some specific situations right now.

The current situation here is that I have 2 peers who are really pissed off that the company had to lay off 3 employees (I don't like it either, but reality is reality and the easiest way to cut costs rapidly is through personnel). In response, they have somewhat decided (consciously or unconsciously) to create a bottleneck. Every project quote from thier desk is coming in totally inflated. I am still doing my quotes based on what I percieve as reality.

The result is that on one project, they have quoted the boss man thousands of hours (literally) and I have said that I could have something up and working in a month.

This has put me at odds with them. In a meeting they even said, yes, we could probably have something up and running in a month, but that it wouldn't be "done" (and I had never said anything about done). So we have the merry widow go round about whether projects are allowed to go live before they are "done" or whether to piece them in.

My view is that they are pissed at the boss, so they are basically sabotagueing the process. I have no problem with them fucking with the boss. I do have a problem with them basically putting a stoppage on all new work.

New work is a major part of our revenue stream. If they shut down part of the revenue stream then we lose more money which means more layoffs etc. It becomes the spiral vortex down the toilet bowl.

Basically, If you are gonna go on strike, at least give me the courtesy of going out to the street with your picket signs, so there is no doubt about it.

Vick
05-25-2004, 10:16 AM
sarettah - that story is a prime example why I don't like (most) humans

There you have 2 people (with a union mentality) who would be better served to just be concerned with themselves, I won't take it as far as to say be happy because they still have jobs and are not the ones who got laid off

and if they are so up in arms about the workplace situations why .....

... don't they go somewhere else

It's a free market