PDA

View Full Version : Jim, how do you like those ZTR's?

Winetalk.com
05-20-2004, 09:53 AM
...May 24th may go even higher
;-)

Jim
05-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Serge! ..LOVING it! going to watch it closely today....

Winetalk.com
05-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Jim@May 20 2004, 09:51 AM
Serge! ..LOVING it! going to watch it closely today....
May 24th is very important, results of proxy vote by shareholders is coming out...
either they be paying 10% of NAV dividend
(if board of directors wins)
or
be converted to Mutual Fund with currnet NAV of
http://www.etfconnect.com/select/fundPages...r.asp?MFID=3867 (http://www.etfconnect.com/select/fundPages/other.asp?MFID=3867)
$5.56 if dissidents win
(I voted for dissidents ;-)

which should bring the stock up one way or another
;-))))

Biggy
05-20-2004, 05:55 PM
I was going to dedicate a thread to this when I actually made the purchase, but I normally don't like posting stock pics.

I picked up JWN (Nordstrom) maybe a week/week and a half ago at $35.47. I liked what has been going on as far as sales and cutting costs in the recent quarters. Plus with back to school season in a few months, and the holiday season in 6 months, I thought it was a good time to buy. Add that into the fact that the economy is slowly improving, and the beta of the stock is rather high... They've also been implementing an inventory control system over the past year which is help cutting costs..

They ended up beating Q2 earnings by $.05 a share, and the stock is up about 5% ($38.90) in after hours trading today. They also raised all the estimates for the rest of the year B)

Hypothetically speaking, if the stock opens at $38.90 tomorrow, that will be a 9.67% return in a week.

serg, im glad to hear you've picked a winner as well.

grogan - eat your heart out.

Winetalk.com
05-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Biggy@May 20 2004, 05:03 PM
I was going to dedicate a thread to this when I actually made the purchase, but I normally don't like posting stock pics.

I picked up JWN (Nordstrom) maybe a week/week and a half ago at $35.47. I liked what has been going on as far as sales and cutting costs in the recent quarters. Plus with back to school season in a few months, and the holiday season in 6 months, I thought it was a good time to buy. Add that into the fact that the economy is slowly improving, and the beta of the stock is rather high... They've also been implementing an inventory control system over the past year which is help cutting costs..

They ended up beating Q2 earnings by $.05 a share, and the stock is up about 5% ($38.90) in after hours trading today. They also raised all the estimates for the rest of the year B)

Hypothetically speaking, if the stock opens at $38.90 tomorrow, that will be a 9.67% return in a week.

serg, im glad to hear you've picked a winner as well.

grogan - eat your heart out.
it's 38.90 now,
good pick, Biggy!

Grogan-
learn from REAL players,
the more you learn,
the more you impress your g/f
;-0)))

Jim
05-21-2004, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE]the more you learn,
the more you impress your g/f[QUOTE]

Does Grogan still have a G/F?

Winetalk.com
05-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Jim@May 21 2004, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE]the more you learn,
the more you impress your g/f[QUOTE]

Does Grogan still have a G/F?
grogan's g/f=his left hand
;-)))

Biggy
05-22-2004, 01:54 PM
JWN (Nordstrom ended up closing) 39.90, a full point higher that what I had originally stated -- oops :)

up 12.48% in a little bit over a week, time to sell. Time to take my gains and run... there will probably be a sell off on monday.

Winetalk.com
05-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Biggy@May 22 2004, 01:02 PM
JWN (Nordstrom ended up closing) 39.90, a full point higher that what I had originally stated -- oops :)

up 12.48% in a little bit over a week, time to sell. Time to take my gains and run... there will probably be a sell off on monday.
NOBODY ever went broke by taking profits,
good move!

Winetalk.com
05-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Jim, seems like we'll have to wait a bit longer...fuckers asked for 10 days extension
;-(((

" Zweig Total Return Fund, Inc. Extends Adjournment of Annual Shareholders Meeting to June 4; Final Proxy Results To Be Announced
Friday, May 21, 2004 4:55 PM
- BusinessWire

NEW YORK, May 21, 2004 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The Zweig Total Return Fund, Inc. (NYSE, PSE: ZTR) today reported that the voting results of its 2004 Annual Meeting of Shareholders that was held on May 12 and adjourned until May 24, will now be announced on Friday, June 4. This extension will provide IVS Associates, Inc., the independent inspectors of election, the additional time necessary to complete the final tabulation of the proxy results. The tabulation process has been prolonged due to the large number of votes cast by registered shareholders, which require manual counting.

The meeting will briefly reconvene on Monday, May 24, for the sole purpose of adjourning to June 4. No business will be transacted and no information on voting results will be provided.

The purpose of the June 4 meeting is to present the certified report of the inspectors of election and to announce the final voting results of the 2004 Annual Meeting. Shareholders voted on several matters: the election of directors, conversion to an open-end fund, and a dissident shareholder proposal to reinstate the Fund's original fixed distribution policy.

The Annual Meeting will reconvene for the sole purpose of announcing the voting results on Friday, June 4, at 10:00 a.m. at the offices of Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman, 575 Madison Avenue (between 56th and 57th Streets), 11th Floor, New York, New York.

The Zweig Total Return Fund, Inc. is a balanced closed-end fund with an investment objective to seek the highest total return, consisting of capital appreciation and current income, consistent with the preservation of capital.

SOURCE: The Zweig Total Return Fund, Inc.
"

I have a hunch that DISSEDENTS won and it's real GOOD for shareholders who wanna make a quick buck on this puppy!
;-))))

Jim
05-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Serge...just woke up and looking around....i think i can wait a little bit before cashing in...

have you heard from Joe H. lately?

i was going to drop a line and say hello....

Winetalk.com
05-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Jim@May 24 2004, 08:25 AM
Serge...just woke up and looking around....i think i can wait a little bit before cashing in...

have you heard from Joe H. lately?

i was going to drop a line and say hello....
last time I heard/saw him was at my house abourt 6 months ago...
;-(((