PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the de la Hoya fight in Vegas

*KK*
05-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Just curious... I think I am hooked on live boxing... had Tarver and the knockout this weekend, :)

Mike AI
05-17-2004, 12:18 PM
How was the fight in person? They are definatly fun!

Was the crowd shocked???

*KK*
05-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Not nearly so shocked as the last one between the two of them -- Jones took the first one on a decision, when there's no way he won more than 3 rounds tops in that fight.

Tarver apparently filed bankruptcy two weeks ago or so, had I known that I'd have put way more down on it than I did.

It wasn't a fall on Jones' part, he tried to get up and his body just wouldn't do it. John called it as soon as Tarver hit him, I'm glad we didn't make a beer run at the end of the first round like I suggested ;)

Mike AI
05-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@May 17 2004, 11:34 AM
Not nearly so shocked as the last one between the two of them -- Jones took the first one on a decision, when there's no way he won more than 3 rounds tops in that fight.

Tarver apparently filed bankruptcy two weeks ago or so, had I known that I'd have put way more down on it than I did.

It wasn't a fall on Jones' part, he tried to get up and his body just wouldn't do it. John called it as soon as Tarver hit him, I'm glad we didn't make a beer run at the end of the first round like I suggested ;)
No doubt it was a solid punch.

Jones has never been hit like that, so his body has no experience in recouperating. I think if he would have waited a seconf before getting up and not stumbled, he might have had a chance.

I would like to see a third fight.

dig420
05-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+May 17 2004, 11:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ May 17 2004, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--*KK*@May 17 2004, 11:34 AM

No doubt it was a solid punch.

Jones has never been hit like that, so his body has no experience in recouperating. I think if he would have waited a seconf before getting up and not stumbled, he might have had a chance.

I would like to see a third fight.[/b][/quote]
He got up at the count of 9, if he had waited another second to collect himself he would have been counted out anyway.

I'm ringside at DLH, ringside for the upcoming MAB/Paulie Ayala fight and I just saw Marquez/Paquiao from the lower level because I'm getting tired of being stuck behind the ringpost. No sporting event I've been to so far can match the excitement and intensity level of a big fight. I've never been to a concert where the crowd was as loud or into it as the crowd at the Barrera/Hamed fight. If you can afford the tickets and the rooms, big fights in Vegas are about the most fun you can legally have.

Mike AI
05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
The Barrera/Hamed fight was a great one. Sweet T scored us some great seats for that one.

I would love to see some other fights in person - especially up close.

I have been to some sporting events that have same intensity. Playoff games in the NFL ( though they are rare for me being a Saints fan) as well as sitting on front row at NBA playoff game. ( Hornets - Heat had a LOT of intense action - the refs asked me to step off the court twice)

THe last Lighting game I went to was pretty intense as well - again it was a playoff game.

I will be hitting another tommorow night - looking forward to it!

JoesHO
05-17-2004, 06:22 PM
The UFC fights live are pretty intense too.

dig420
05-17-2004, 06:25 PM
I thought about seeing a Lakers playoff game, but prices for good seats are out of this world, 10k and up

I'm not that big a fan lol

MAB/Hamed is probably the fight that had the most charged atmosphere that I've ever been to, more nationalistic than a soccer game and the fans were going absolutely fucking apeshit. So was I, I'm a big MAB fan. I brought Rocki from Klixxx with me, she probably thought I was some kind of animal lol

Mike AI
05-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@May 17 2004, 05:30 PM
I have seen them on cable, I bet they are fun in person.

dig420
05-17-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@May 17 2004, 05:30 PM
I train with the Gracies, but I still haven't gone to see a live NHB match. I just like doing it more than I like watching it.

SexPranks_Dave
05-17-2004, 06:34 PM
im not going to the fight but i will be there that weekend