PDA

View Full Version : Need $2100, move to Autralia and have a kid!

TheEnforcer
05-13-2004, 06:04 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,119768,00.html

Australia Paying Citizens to Procreate

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Facing a falling birth rate, the Australian government has a simple message: Go forth and multiply. It's prepared to pay new parents who take up the call.

"Come on, come on, your nation needs you," Prime Minister John Howard said Wednesday, when asked about a one-time $3,000 Australian ($2,100 U.S.) payment for all new mothers announced by Treasurer Peter Costello in the annual budget.

On Tuesday night, a smiling Costello urged reporters in Canberra: "You go home and do your patriotic duty tonight."

The father of three suggested that two children per couple wasn't quite enough to combat the effects of an aging population and declining birth rate in this sparsely populated nation of 20 million.

"If you can have children, it's a good thing to do. You should have ... one for your husband, one for your wife, and one for your country," Costello said.

pushpills
05-13-2004, 06:08 PM
if you're joe sixpack that's still a loss, no one one fuck him for less than 5k.

Almighty Colin
05-13-2004, 06:14 PM
A whole lot of the western world is heading towards this predicament. It's really interesting. Not long ago people worried about non stop growing populations. Now certain countries are worried about the opposite.

Vick
05-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Before I ever got married (and divorced) I though about having 3 children

One Boy
One Girl

and one Vick

I've since decided that one Sebastian is enough

Peaches
05-13-2004, 07:03 PM
I was going to have 4:

1 - Gets spoiled (I now have proof of this <_< )
2 - Each is a favorite of a different parent
3 - Two are favorites of a different parent and one gets left out
4 - Two are favorites of a different parent and the two who are left out can hang together :)

I have two different friends who have 7 kids each and several who have 10+ siblings. I think big families are great :)

Joe Sixpack
05-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@May 13 2004, 02:16 PM
if you're joe sixpack that's still a loss, no one one fuck him for less than 5k.
ahahahaha... if only you knew, Grogan.

You know the only thing I have to do to get laid in the USA?

Talk.

You might need Gucci wallets and cars but all I need is my Australian accent.

Peaches
05-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Joe Sixpack+May 13 2004, 07:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe Sixpack @ May 13 2004, 07:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pushpills@May 13 2004, 02:16 PM

Talk.

You might need Gucci wallets and cars but all I need is my Australian accent.[/b][/quote]
I think we were talking about Australia....but dang, you sure are flying a long way just to get laid. Too bad the girls in AUS aren't as impressed with your accent. :(

Joe Sixpack
05-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+May 13 2004, 03:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ May 13 2004, 03:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Joe Sixpack@May 13 2004, 07:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--pushpills@May 13 2004, 02:16 PM

Talk.

I think we were talking about Australia....but dang, you sure are flying a long way just to get laid. Too bad the girls in AUS aren't as impressed with your accent. :([/b][/quote]
Nah... I have a girlfriend down here.

I'm talking about previous adventures.

pushpills
05-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+May 13 2004, 05:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ May 13 2004, 05:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Joe Sixpack@May 13 2004, 07:12 PM

Talk.

I think we were talking about Australia....but dang, you sure are flying a long way just to get laid. Too bad the girls in AUS aren't as impressed with your accent. :([/b][/quote]
they are impressed by his anti-americanism.

i try my aussie accent all the time, doesnt get my pussy just gets me questioned for pickpocketing.

Joe Sixpack
05-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by pushpills+May 13 2004, 03:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ May 13 2004, 03:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Peaches@May 13 2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by -Joe Sixpack@May 13 2004, 07:12 PM

Talk.

I think we were talking about Australia....but dang, you sure are flying a long way just to get laid. Too bad the girls in AUS aren't as impressed with your accent. :(
they are impressed by his anti-americanism.

i try my aussie accent all the time, doesnt get my pussy just gets me questioned for pickpocketing.[/b][/quote]
You need an authentic Australian accent... it makes American women weak at the knees.

Especially when I also tell them stories of my adventures in the outback. It's amazing what a good crocodile story can achieve.

American women are very gullible.

Last edited by Joe Sixpack at May 13 2004, 03:29 PM

Peaches
05-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Joe Sixpack@May 13 2004, 07:28 PM
American women are very gullible.
Yes, we see how many you have been able to fool here! :rolleyes:

cj
05-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Colin@May 13 2004, 05:22 PM
A whole lot of the western world is heading towards this predicament. It's really interesting. Not long ago people worried about non stop growing populations. Now certain countries are worried about the opposite.
too many people = not enough natural resources so people stopped having as many babies ... now the pollies realize that if our country grows slower than someone else's our economy will fall behind.

make up ya mind guys!!

John Howard has been hammered for a couple of years by women wanting paid maternity leave (not compulsory here) and this was just his way of patting them on the head - of course, the women complaining don't think $3k is enough considering where the rest of the budget is going to be spent.

Anything that encourages women to sit on their ass and breed is not a good move in my eyes! But Johnnie Howard has been pretty good at guiding our economy in the right direction for the last 2 terms ...

cj
05-13-2004, 07:53 PM
grogan, I hate to break this to you (actually, thats a lie) but Joe would have no trouble getting the chicks, he has something you don't ... CONFIDENCE ... and he's right about the accent, my australian male friends who I have travelled with have them lining up, even the ugly ones ... kinda makes your pickpocketing comment a bit lame there huh?! especially when you can't even hang onto a girlfriend who you gave her first orgasm :lol:

TheEnforcer
05-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Don't forget the accent does it for you ladies too there CJ!! :inlove: :D

pushpills
05-14-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by cj@May 13 2004, 06:01 PM
grogan, I hate to break this to you (actually, thats a lie) but Joe would have no trouble getting the chicks, he has something you don't ... CONFIDENCE ... and he's right about the accent, my australian male friends who I have travelled with have them lining up, even the ugly ones ... kinda makes your pickpocketing comment a bit lame there huh?! especially when you can't even hang onto a girlfriend who you gave her first orgasm :lol:
i gave her another one tonight who said she dumped me i just said i thought it was a waste and was over.

yea aussie accents can probably be used as a nice conversation starter with chicks at bars. gives me a headache.

CuriousToyBoy
05-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by cj@May 14 2004, 09:57 AM
Anything that encourages women to sit on their ass and breed is not a good move in my eyes!
I agree 100% with that statement Carla!

Too much encouragement to get pregnant, sit at home and get the sole parent benefit.

And unfortunately, with such an advanced welfare system, this has been a problem for a LONG time.

The new "election budget" child encouragement "features" will not aid that.

On the OTHER side of the coin, for those of us with families and those planning new children, it is a god send.

I read somewhere recently that it costs around $280, 000 to raise a child from birth to age 18 (not including college).

Thats a hell of a lot of joins :blink:

Dravyk
05-14-2004, 06:18 AM
Ah, there's always cloning ...

Scary thought that it may be. LOL!

iFliPcEsS
05-14-2004, 03:27 PM
ohh Australia is that desperate? OMG here on PH, the government wants the family planning & birth controls so much

chodadog
05-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by pushpills+May 13 2004, 09:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ May 13 2004, 09:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cj@May 13 2004, 06:01 PM
i gave her another one tonight who said she dumped me i just said i thought it was a waste and was over.

yea aussie accents can probably be used as a nice conversation starter with chicks at bars. gives me a headache.[/b][/quote]
Then it's probably a good thing that Joe is having sex with women, and not with you, no?

cj
05-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Choda, he's trying to offend me ... not joe this time

he told me in the radio chat the other day that my voice could sell lots of advil :biglaugh:

i'm so crushed i think i'm going to ..........

what were we talking about again?

gonzo
05-15-2004, 02:53 AM
I still think he was wanking off...

I think Cory probably sent him over the edge!

TheEnforcer
05-15-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by cj@May 15 2004, 01:12 AM
Choda, he's trying to offend me ... not joe this time

he told me in the radio chat the other day that my voice could sell lots of advil :biglaugh:

i'm so crushed i think i'm going to ..........

what were we talking about again?
That's ok CJ.

REAL men know your voice is super sexy dear!! :inlove:

Mary34D
05-15-2004, 12:35 PM
It will cost more than that to raise a kid.

pushpills
05-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mary34D@May 15 2004, 10:43 AM
yea but poor people aren't going to think that far ahead. australia needs more kids born to low income families.

cj cant you take a joke.

CuriousToyBoy
05-16-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@May 16 2004, 04:59 AM
cj cant you take a joke.
Ha ha ha ha ha.

:unsure:

"No comment"

:blink:

I'm sorry, on advice I'm gonna have to take the 5th on that one.

:zoinks:

cj
05-16-2004, 01:42 AM
Thanks TE ;-)

Steve Grogan, which part of my message said to you that I couldn't take a joke? The laughing smiley or the amused dismissal of the joke? :rolleyes: It was a good try! Keep practising! :okthumb:

speaking of jokes .... oh look, lindsay is here!

you boys should play with each other ... get warmed up before you try again :groucho:

Winetalk.com
05-16-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by cj@May 13 2004, 07:01 PM
cj,
you just reduced me to rubbles,,,

I never thought it was my VERY thick accent which got me laid
(even though I have more confidence than joe ;-)))
;-))))

cj
05-16-2004, 03:44 AM
rubble or rubles?!

:biglaugh:

you are cheeky :P

Winetalk.com
05-16-2004, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by cj@May 16 2004, 02:52 AM
rubble or rubles?!

:biglaugh:

you are cheeky :P
cheeky???

are you telling me I have big buttocks???????

;-)))

CuriousToyBoy
05-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by cj@May 16 2004, 03:50 PM
speaking of jokes .... oh look, lindsay is here!
Carla,

Damn you're good!

:rokk:

One day, just once, I'll get one by you.

That day, obviously, shall not be today.

Again.

:blink:

JoesHO
05-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Vick@May 13 2004, 03:02 PM
Before I ever got married (and divorced) I though about having 3 children

One Boy
One Girl

and one Vick

I've since decided that one Sebastian is enough
yes pleae, the world can only handle one Vick at a time.... :salute:

chodadog
05-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Mary34D@May 15 2004, 08:43 AM
No shit? It's financial assistance.

TheEnforcer
05-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by cj@May 16 2004, 12:50 AM
Thanks TE ;-)

My Pleasure dear!! :D