PDA

View Full Version : Support the defendants against Acacia

FightThePatent
05-13-2004, 09:22 AM
It costs alot of money to be active in court litigation, and each one of the defendants is burning a hole in their profit stash to stand up for everyone.

While it is great that so many are supportive of the defendants in spirit, it would really help if that energy was directed in the form of traffic, that generates you revenue, as well as generating revenue for the defendants.

While Paul Markham has been saying that paying licenses to Acacia and buying their stock funds Acacia's warchest against webmasters, I also feel that supporting the defendants and their programs helps to fund ther warchest AGAINST Acacia.

I'll be posting up info about the defendants various programs in here, as well as maintaining a cumulative list on my site (URL to come).

Fight the Giant Sucking Sound!

FightThePatent
05-13-2004, 09:22 AM
National A-1 - Defendant against Acacia:

MovieDollars.com - The official affiliate program for HotMovies.com; FetishMovies.com; GayHotmovies.com; and others.

Pay Per Minute Video and Video on Demand - the future of the Internet.

Affiliate program: http://www.moviedollars.com

Mike AI
05-13-2004, 10:08 AM
This is a very good point. Maybe you should relist all the people fighting Acacia, and links to their programs so right minded people can support them!

FightThePatent
05-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@May 13 2004, 06:16 AM
This is a very good point. Maybe you should relist all the people fighting Acacia, and links to their programs so right minded people can support them!
(working on getting the defendants to send me a blurb about their programs and i will be posting them as i get them in this thread)

Current defendants:

VS Media (Video Secrets)
New Destiny (Home Grown Video)
GameLink
LightSpeed
AEBN
Ademia (SunUp Media)
Audio Communications
Ars
Cybernet Ventures (Adult Check)
Pro Adult/Global AVS
National A1
Cyber Trend (Silvercash)
ClubJenna
ATK
MaxCash

Companies that have licensed from Acacia:
http://www.acaciatechnologies.com/pr/Claim...sedSponsors.pdf (http://www.acaciatechnologies.com/pr/Claims/LicensedSponsors.pdf)

Fight the Black & White Lists!

Sharpie
05-13-2004, 12:29 PM
I have thought for months about doing an auction, similiar to the one we did in Miami (only for the defense group) - at Cybernet.... It is about too late to tackle it - but, I thought I would throw it up for discussion.....

Would it make the people who have signed mad? (some are very involved in the show)

Are there enough people left to contibute products & to bid on them?

or is it just too contaversial and a bad idea?

FightThePatent
05-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie@May 13 2004, 08:37 AM
1) Would it make the people who have signed mad? (some are very involved in the show)

2) Are there enough people left to contibute products & to bid on them?

3) or is it just too contaversial and a bad idea?
1) good question.. i heard a rumor that some of those that signed were not happy with Acacia in getting other people to sign.. how sad... like if they have to pay, others should pay... or the flip side.. if others are fighting, so should they

2) i believe plenty, but some may feel that might put the bulleyes on them, despite acacia not targetting any new webmasters. They are trying to do a class action against ALL adult sites.. highly doubt the judge will grant that, but if it happens, then everyone has been invited to the patent party.

3) Problem might be that not enough money gets raised to make a real difference unless people were overbidding on items to help raise money.

Sending traffic is the easiest way that anyone can help, since they would get commission $$ out of it while showing their support.

Though, berman did bring up on the webcast about affiliate webmasters being "contributory infringers"...it's so convoluted.

Fight the Money Drain!