PDA

View Full Version : Here's the beheading video

pushpills
05-11-2004, 05:36 PM
here's the video (http://www.juicyco.com/attachments/americanbeheadingvideo.wmv)

not for the squeemish....

theres like 3 minutes of chatter, you can check google news and try to find the translations if you want.

some sick shit. :steemed:

:kapow: :kapow: :kapow:

CuriousToyBoy
05-11-2004, 06:01 PM
I've seen some fucked up shit in my time, bith in real life and on video...

This thing is right up there.

Poor fucker.

And you just GOTTA feel for the family.

It's one thing for the parents of someone like Paris Hilton seeing her fucked on film, that you could get over, but for ANY parent, this shit would be like dying a 1000 deaths.

It is times like this I firmly believe in an eye for an eye - not that it would solve anything, but it would give some sense of justice at least.

:barfon: :grrr: :angry:

Alex From San Diego
05-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Absolutely barbaric....

pushpills
05-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Alex From San Diego@May 11 2004, 04:18 PM
Absolutely barbaric....
yea those guys are some screamin' monkeys arent they? made it even grosser.

Hell Puppy
05-12-2004, 01:46 AM
I personally find the media surrounding the guy's family and snapping pictures immediately after they found out to be just as disgusting as the video itself....

pushpills
05-12-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@May 11 2004, 11:54 PM
I personally find the media surrounding the guy's family and snapping pictures immediately after they found out to be just as disgusting as the video itself....
yea well it's the media age. they make the tough tougher. :blink:

eatapeach
05-12-2004, 10:53 AM
where did that hunter orange prison jumpsuit come from? i've seen pictures of the other hostages and they were all in their own clothes, but this it the first one i've seen wearing a standard US-style prison jumpsuit.

wasn't this guy in US custody a few days before he disappeared? wouldn't they give him his clothes back when they released him?

what the fuck is going on over there?

Peaches
05-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@May 12 2004, 01:54 AM
100% agreed. Tillman's family handled the press the best, IMHO. They basically just ignored them.

I have no desire to see the video but I'm glad it's there to show how horribly he was treated. :cryin:

Almighty Colin
05-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by eatapeach@May 12 2004, 10:01 AM
where did that hunter orange prison jumpsuit come from? i've seen pictures of the other hostages and they were all in their own clothes, but this it the first one i've seen wearing a standard US-style prison jumpsuit.

wasn't this guy in US custody a few days before he disappeared? wouldn't they give him his clothes back when they released him?

what the fuck is going on over there?
So what are you saying? That the US military made a secret deal with al Qaeda and handed them a prisoner in order to execute him on TV because it served both Al Qaeda's purpose and the US' purpose?

eatapeach
05-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Colin@May 12 2004, 07:24 AM
So what are you saying? That the US military made a secret deal with al Qaeda and handed them a prisoner in order to execute him on TV because it served both Al Qaeda's purpose and the US' purpose?
did i say that or did you?

sometime in february or so i decided to quit giving a fuck about the war in a literal sense and rather start watching it as the world's most insane reality show.

check it out, colin:

every single day the US spends a billion dollars to give me a show so fucking nuts that even the producers don't have a clue what's gonna happen!

there's blood and guts and explosions and torture and now even a beheading! let's see even steven spielberg with all his power manage to arrange a real beheading.

every day i wake up and i know i'm going to be entertained by just how fucking ignorant powerful humans can be and how much shit they can fuck up. so far they haven't dissapointed me yet.

see colin, my point was nothing more than pointing out a plot twist, like one would find in a sherlock holmes or agatha christie novel. what does the orange jumpsuit signify? is it evidence of CIA/al quaeda collaboration or is it just fuel to fire the conspiracy theories?

fuck if i know, but you can bet your advertising budget i'll be tuning in to find out.

Almighty Colin
05-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by eatapeach@May 12 2004, 10:37 AM
It was a question. I was interested in what you thought the reasonable possibilities were. Something like I said or something different? There are many reasonable possibilities. Maybe there was a prison-break for all any of us know.

Carrie
05-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Level the fucking place.

SykkBoy
05-12-2004, 02:41 PM
I've seen the video and have expressed my own outrage at it. There is simply no excuse for this sort of barbaric behavior.

That being said, our "retaliation" should by what we should have done in the first place: wipe out al Queda. I thought that's what all the chest puffing and bullshit was about when we went into Afghanistan? We didn't even put out THAT fire and we started another in Iraq.

While I feel for this guy and his family and hate how some of the media has handled this, I have a feeling this guy would have been killed anyways and this was their excuse.

I also feel this video was used to fuel more support for the war in Iraq and this war on terrorism. Call me a cynic, but I feel like the media and possibly the administration are trying to use this as a just a propaganda piece instead of the tragedy it truly is.

I watched an interview with Tim Russert last night and liked what he had to say (paraphrasing): "People expect the US to carry a higher set of morals and not just be the world's policeman, but the world's moral leader and we can't be that leader if we stoop to the barbarianism of these people" (I'll have to watch the Daily Show again when it repeats to get the exact quote)

EDIT -- oops, not sure why I typed Chris Matthews there instead of Tim Russert...

Last edited by SykkBoy at May 12 2004, 01:51 PM

eatapeach
05-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Colin+May 12 2004, 07:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ May 12 2004, 07:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--eatapeach@May 12 2004, 10:37 AM
It was a question. I was interested in what you thought the reasonable possibilities were. Something like I said or something different? [/b][/quote]
whenever i see something happen in iraq i always ask 1) who benefits? and 2) why did it happen when it did?

in this situation who benefits from releasing a video of a young jewish american being decapitated, and why would they release it now?

for the last two weeks the story out of iraq has been the US abuse and torture of iraqi detainees. when this occurred public opinion moved against the occupation. this would tend to favor the resistance movement.

but now we have the video of the decapitation. who benefits?

suddenly the US abuse and torture is no longer the headline news. any letup in the media pressure benefits the bush administration.

if the "islamists" or "terrorists" are looking to win favor why would they release this tape now when public opinion is moving toward them? if nothing else it reinforces stereotypes of iraqis as "savages" and moves public opinion away from them and their cause.

the timing of the events doesn't make sense, and that's before you add in factors like conflicting stories and guantanamo-style jumpsuits on hostages.

Joe Sixpack
05-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@May 12 2004, 10:01 AM
Level the fucking place.
Should America be levelled because of all the Iraqi civilians that have been murdered by your government?

I can't believe people are getting so worked up over one guy getting beheaded.

Bottom line: he shouldn't have been there.

Last edited by Joe Sixpack at May 12 2004, 01:00 PM

Buff
05-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Joe Sixpack+May 12 2004, 02:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe Sixpack @ May 12 2004, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Carrie@May 12 2004, 10:01 AM
Level the fucking place.
Should America be levelled because of all the Iraqi civilians that have been murdered by your government?

Bottom line: he shouldn't have been there.[/b][/quote]
I pray that you get killed in a terrorist attack in Australia as retribution for Australia having troops in the Mid East. I would throw an Oprano bash to celebrate your pathetic death -- in fact, I'd personally fly everyone to Australia so we could have the party at your grave.

Joe Sixpack
05-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Buff+May 12 2004, 01:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buff @ May 12 2004, 01:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Joe Sixpack@May 12 2004, 02:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Carrie@May 12 2004, 10:01 AM
Level the fucking place.

Bottom line: he shouldn't have been there.
I pray that you get killed in a terrorist attack in Australia as retribution for Australia having troops in the Mid East. I would throw an Oprano bash to celebrate your pathetic death -- in fact, I'd personally fly everyone to Australia so we could have the party at your grave.[/b][/quote]
Keep praying Buffy-poo.

pushpills
05-12-2004, 05:01 PM
joe sixpack one of labrets names?

Rolo
05-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Joe Sixpack - you never told what you do in this business... is this you?

http://grouphug.us/confessions/361567907

:stout:

Carrie
05-13-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by eatapeach@May 12 2004, 03:36 PM
if the "islamists" or "terrorists" are looking to win favor why would they release this tape now when public opinion is moving toward them? if nothing else it reinforces stereotypes of iraqis as "savages" and moves public opinion away from them and their cause.

the timing of the events doesn't make sense, and that's before you add in factors like conflicting stories and guantanamo-style jumpsuits on hostages.
You're going under the premise here that expects them to act logically and make sense.
These are people who voluntarily blow themselves up convinced that if they do so, they're going to go frolic with 72 virgins for the rest of eternity.

Logic and making sense doesn't really enter into that equation.

Carrie
05-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Joe Sixpack+May 12 2004, 03:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe Sixpack @ May 12 2004, 03:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Carrie@May 12 2004, 10:01 AM
Level the fucking place.

Bottom line: he shouldn't have been there.[/b][/quote]
The bottom line has nothing to do with whether he should have been there or not. He's a free man, able to make his own choices.

The bottom line is that people like you push the blame to him rather than to the people who did the beheading, as if it's perfectly all right for *those* people to exist and do what they want to do (terrorize others), but it's not all right for people like Berg to exist and do what they want to do (help others).

pushpills
05-13-2004, 01:31 AM
writing lenghty responses to joe sixpack is just wasted time that could have been spent staring all dreamy eyed at my avatar.