PDA

View Full Version : The Torture Situation In Iraq

Buff
05-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Americans should be outraged. We should be outraged, because torture is disgusting to our sensibilities. We should not be outraged because the Iraqis are upset about it. We should not give a fuck about what the Iraqis get upset about, because those people don't get disgusted by the same things we get disgusted by -- they hide behind women and kids when they fight, they send children out to blow themselves up, they desecrate the bodies of Americans and hang them from their bridges -- they don't have the right to be outraged at this torture.

If we do something which outrages the Iraqis but not us, fuck them.

Winetalk.com
05-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Buff, I haven't seen any pics of tortures....
HUMILIATION is what I saw, nothing more, nothing less...

tourtures my ass,
those are NOT tourtures.

Buff
05-10-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@May 10 2004, 06:17 AM

tourtures my ass,
those are NOT tourtures.
If they actually raped people, that's torture (unless they liked it).

Winetalk.com
05-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Buff+May 10 2004, 07:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buff @ May 10 2004, 07:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@May 10 2004, 06:17 AM

tourtures my ass,
those are NOT tourtures.
If they actually raped people, that's torture (unless they liked it).[/b][/quote]
I saw no rapes pics

TheEnforcer
05-10-2004, 08:53 AM
I agree with ya Buff.

Serge, not everything has come out. Supposedly there are many more pics as well as videos and they show true abuse, with one showing the raping of a minor.

Winetalk.com
05-10-2004, 09:04 AM
very sad.....and the worst part is that the police in USA is responcible for similar actions against US citizens...

need examples?

Rolo
05-10-2004, 09:05 AM
I do not know why those pictures ever got released or even taken in the first place - either its the stupidest character suicide or the biggest character killing in 2004?

Jesse_DD
05-10-2004, 11:25 AM
This entire thing is rediculous. A few young fucked up kids having fun and humiliating some prisoners. Should it have happened? No. But, it did and does in ever war. It should be a day long story but turns into this monumental event. The media and the opposing political side are always looking for that next story of why this war (or any war) is "wrong."

It is silly.

(If more comes out where soldiers killed, raped, tortured, etc. then that is a different story and those individuals should be, and will be, dealt with.

DAMNMAN
05-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Rolo@May 10 2004, 08:13 AM
I do not know why those pictures ever got released or even taken in the first place - either its the stupidest character suicide or the biggest character killing in 2004?

This is the first smart thing I've heard or read about in this whole Iraqi prison situation yet.

This clusterfuck is all 'cause some stupid fuck got camera happy.
And some other dumb bastard released the photos to the press instead of giving them to his commander to investigate and disipline (Court Marshall) any wrong doers.
Not good to stir up a shitstorm in a hotheaded region unnecessarily is it?

The soldier that gave the pictures to the press should be court marshalled as well, the military has rules against this sort of thing!!! Did more harm than good.

Am I saying that the ill treatment of these prisoners was OK.
"NOT IF IT WAS JUST FOR FUN!!!" (Which in fact this may have been and in that case shame, shame)
However, If terrorist/prisoners have info that would perish and extracting it would save one of our soldiers lives or my life or your life by extracting it by harsh means, I say fuckin' sorry bro' shouldn't have been fuckin' 'round where you wasn't supposed to be fuckin' 'round with US. (said in the best cracker slang I could muster.)

The bottom line is that some more of our boys are gonna die over there in retribution for these photos being made public and that sucks.

It's turned out to be politics all the way down the line anyways.
I don't even like Bush but what does he have to do with a shower scene in an Iraqi prison? (Other that going to war in the first place, that is)
A whole lot of folks want Bush out and are going about it in a real nasty fashion. "Hell I want Bush out too, I just don't want the pussy ass fuck boy John Kerry in!!!" (And fuck Nader in his grocery hole too, he's worthless as a leader!)
By far the worst candidate choices in history for President of the US.

:matey:

HoneyBlond
05-10-2004, 10:25 PM
UUmm pardon me guys, but arn't we there because *we* ( western civilisation as a whole ) are so much more enlightened, democratic, unbarbaric etc ?

I am appalled by the behaviour of western soldiers, one might expect this kind of behaviour from Iraq's but surly not the coalition.

In this instance what makes us different to the *evil* we are fightning against?

~ Discuss ~