PDA

View Full Version : Can YOU send money with your cell phone?

*KK*
05-06-2004, 05:40 PM
You can if you have an ePassporte account and a US cell phone

And yes, before you start yelling at me about it only being US, we're working on adding international as I type.

If you were watching AlyTV.com today, you saw Aly get money delivered right to her cell phone live on the air --

All ePassporte clients now have the ability to add funds, check balances, and transfer money to other clients from SMS capable cell phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you'd like to try the service out, all you have to do is log into your ePassporte admin and hit the TEXT MONEY link -- you will be asked to register your cell phone number to your account, follow a simple activation process and then you are good to go.

If you do not have an ePassporte account yet (um, don't make me ask you why not) then you can still access a Flash demo of the product from the front page of the site as well.

I don't personally know of any competitor offering this service, but if anyone here does by all means let me know so I can make sure ours beats the pants off theirs...

KC
05-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Congrats Kimmy & ePassporte!

This will make that $20 bill heads or tails game (everyone was playing in Florida) much harder a little more difficult to play, but easier to settle up in the end!

*KK*
05-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by KC@May 6 2004, 01:52 PM
Congrats Kimmy & ePassporte!

This will make that $20 bill heads or tails game (everyone was playing in Florida) much harder a little more difficult to play, but easier to settle up in the end!
Oh, this will make heads or tails, and same or different, VERY interesting now with the raising of the stakes ;)

Winetalk.com
05-06-2004, 06:42 PM
can somebody fill me on the heads and tail end of it?
;_))

I like getting head to my "tail"
;-)))

Hell Puppy
05-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@May 6 2004, 04:48 PM

And yes, before you start yelling at me about it only being US, we're working on adding international as I type.

If you were watching AlyTV.com today, you saw Aly get money delivered right to her cell phone live on the air --

All ePassporte clients now have the ability to add funds, check balances, and transfer money to other clients from SMS capable cell phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you'd like to try the service out, all you have to do is log into your ePassporte admin and hit the TEXT MONEY link -- you will be asked to register your cell phone number to your account, follow a simple activation process and then you are good to go.

If you do not have an ePassporte account yet (um, don't make me ask you why not) then you can still access a Flash demo of the product from the front page of the site as well.

I don't personally know of any competitor offering this service, but if anyone here does by all means let me know so I can make sure ours beats the pants off theirs...
What's the surcharge?

sarettah
05-06-2004, 07:16 PM
You can send me money.
You can send me your cellphone.

You can send me money with your cellphone.

If you do however, please make sure it's one of dem dere new fangled cellphones that take the pictures and all that.

I may be cheap, but I aint easy.......... :okthumb:

*KK*
05-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+May 6 2004, 03:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ May 6 2004, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--*KK*@May 6 2004, 04:48 PM

What's the surcharge?[/b][/quote]
Right now it's 50 cents, look for it to drop as we get more leverage with the providers, and release some other options on it as well.

cj
05-06-2004, 07:47 PM
>If you do not have an ePassporte account yet (um, don't make me ask you why not)

because its so hard to setup that I gave up on the 5th attempt.

epassporte relies on banks doing certain things a certain way which banks in my country don't do that way so the setup requires me making several phonecalls and waiting several days.

each time i've tried i've gotten more frustrated ... when I gave this feedback, I was treated like an idiot.

and that's why I don't, and may not ever, have an epassporte account.

Meni
05-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by *KK*@May 6 2004, 04:48 PM

I can get money with my cell phone
I say
Hey wheres my money?

Dravyk
05-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Kim, hit me up please. You know what about.

*KK*
05-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by cj@May 6 2004, 03:55 PM
because its so hard to setup that I gave up on the 5th attempt.

epassporte relies on banks doing certain things a certain way which banks in my country don't do that way so the setup requires me making several phonecalls and waiting several days.

each time i've tried i've gotten more frustrated ... when I gave this feedback, I was treated like an idiot.

and that's why I don't, and may not ever, have an epassporte account.
cj, there's a simple bypass to dealing with the currency exchange issue, drop me an email --

Hell Puppy
05-08-2004, 01:40 PM
So what IS the epassporte signup process these days?

I couldn't find details on the web page, only a contact form...

slavdogg
05-08-2004, 05:37 PM
sending money thur a cell phone, thats pretty cool
congrads guys

re: epassporte accnt
i dont have one either, i havent found use for it yet

Buff
05-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Actually, I can do you one better -- I can just give the person some cash, thereby bypassing the cellphone and all the extra steps.

masterp74
05-09-2004, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Buff@May 8 2004, 03:08 PM
Actually, I can do you one better -- I can just give the person some cash, thereby bypassing the cellphone and all the extra steps.
I was thinking that or they can take it out of your avatar. why not?

Or Playstation 2 with a ATM built in. :matey:

Last edited by masterp74 at May 9 2004, 01:56 AM

gonzo
05-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@May 8 2004, 12:48 PM

Hans wanted to sign up.

*KK*
05-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+May 9 2004, 01:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ May 9 2004, 01:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hell Puppy@May 8 2004, 12:48 PM

Hans wanted to sign up.[/b][/quote]
Hey I told him what I needed, not my fault he's too busy with all the ladies to get it done ;)

gonzo
05-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by *KK*+May 9 2004, 04:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*KK* @ May 9 2004, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -gonzo@May 9 2004, 01:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Hell Puppy@May 8 2004, 12:48 PM

Hans wanted to sign up.
Hey I told him what I needed, not my fault he's too busy with all the ladies to get it done ;)[/b][/quote]
Bow to the power....

I just tried to stay shy and lowkey.