PDA

View Full Version : I am back from my Atlanta Recon mission

gonzo
05-06-2004, 03:57 AM
If this was just a prewarm up party . . . tomorrow night should be the bomb! I departed after sending Brand0n [Brand0n sez Kevin Mitnick is GOD and showed me the hackers sign language for how to say his name from the guys from 5200] and unknowing crew to a strip club we refer to as the Clairmont Lounge. I look for them to return emotionally scarred for life.

Heres a recap
Met up with -
1. Serge's favorite stoner JoesHo! He was pimping to go the the Rick Layona "I want to earn your friendship" dinner at the Cheetah. Sorry Mike...I tried to skeeze in under your invite but true to fat fucking nobody form the brother didnt know who I was. But thats ok...I got my revenge later.

2. The 123bill crew was there and I had some din din with them atop the sundial along with some of our missing family from Nat Net.

3. There were signs that Meni had been there...he spray painted his name on the toilet stall...pic in link.

4. Aaron M tried to impress the table by calling Serge's house. I didnt point out that he had the wrong number but I did have the correct one. Score GFY 0 Oprano 1!

5. I introduced myself to several people as "The Black Hand of Serge" they werent buying it but I did convince a few of em to buy me drinks and then dinner.

6. At the conclusion of the evening...Sally the CFO from CJ [the site not our CJ] plopped down beside me and introduced herself and said that she had been buying drinks and dinner for us all night. Rather confusing since I didnt go because they didnt want to earn my friendship. I dont think Sally even cared who the rest of us were. But here are some interesting Consumption Junction factiods [you could have learned this had you come to the show early]
A. She named her best friends house 2 years prior to the website. Consumption Junction -Whats your disfunction.
B. They cut the tab off at the Cheetah at 7K.
C. They will be having a hospitality suite somewhere at the Westin at 6pm. And she will be buying booze by the ton [3 bottles of absolute/3 bottles of Jack].
D. Consumption Junction is one of Alexa's top 500 hundred sites ever browsed of all times.
E. Sally likes making hotels do things. She even was able to get a bottle of Cab out of the Cheetah.

We would have learned more but I had to head home but its ok CJ crew...I dropped Sally off without her getting a saucerhead ride first! You guys need to take better care of your CFO. You dont advertise here and its not my responsibility. But hey what can I say? Im a nice guy!

To anyone that wants to make any money.
Bring red bull. Apparently this is an undocumented "must have adult webmaster drink. Westin aint got none.
Mike...bring lots of cameras. This is going to be some good footage!

mojobill
05-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Gonzo.. it was great hanging with you at the westin.....

Met some interesting people ... even did some biz!

Good to spend some time with Voo and Kathy from NatNet... good folks....

and MUCH thanks for an outstanding meal compliments of John and John (GspotMoney and RedPersonals)... those two are an absolute riot!

Peaches
05-06-2004, 08:16 AM
Wig and I should be there around 2-3ish :)

gonzo
05-06-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by fatbaby@May 6 2004, 07:20 AM
Gonzo.. it was great hanging with you at the westin.....

Met some interesting people ... even did some biz!

Good to spend some time with Voo and Kathy from NatNet... good folks....

and MUCH thanks for an outstanding meal compliments of John and John (GspotMoney and RedPersonals)... those two are an absolute riot!
Yes John and John put out the high end feedbag! Many thanks to those guys as well as the 123bill fellers for the booze all evening.

I got in bed around 5 am but now the phone keeps ringing.

gonzo
05-06-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@May 6 2004, 07:24 AM
Wig and I should be there around 2-3ish :)
I have bidness lined up for you guys Peaches.

AaronM
05-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@May 6 2004, 12:05 AM
4. Aaron M tried to impress the table by calling Serge's house. I didnt point out that he had the wrong number but I did have the correct one. Score GFY 0 Oprano 1!
Fucking spy!

Gonzo......I never really figured you for an idiot (mostly because I don't know much about you) but if you think my attempt at having fun with Joesho and Serge was done to impress anybody......You are a true moron.

Have fun playing Oprano reporter. Now that I know how you operate, I will be sure to be more careful when discussing business around the likes of you.

Last edited by AaronM at May 6 2004, 05:16 AM

gonzo
05-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by AaronM+May 6 2004, 08:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AaronM @ May 6 2004, 08:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gonzo@May 6 2004, 12:05 AM
Fucking spy!

Gonzo......I never really figured you for an idiot (mostly because I don't know much about you) but if you think my attempt at having fun with Joesho and Serge was done to impress anybody......You are a true moron.

Have fun playing Oprano reporter. Now that I know how you operate, I will be sure to be more careful when discussing business around the likes of you.[/b][/quote]
Ya took that all wrong ... just an attempt at humor at 5am. I really didnt see anyone trying to do the big impress last night. Some good bidness going down.

The real reporter comes in this evening. My recon mission is over.

Nice meeting you last night though.

Billy
05-06-2004, 10:01 AM
almost 6 hours till me and Mike get in... are you ready for us ??

VooMan
05-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Man, was that prime rib succulent, or what? I am still stuffed!

Many thanks to John and John for inviting Kathi and I to dinner, and to Corey for the drinks all evening. I had a great time hanging out with ya'll. :)

As a side bonus for me, I think I'm getting over my fear of heights. Had dinner on the 72nd floor in a rotating restaurant, and the elevator was all glass on the outside of the building. I didn't really need that SECOND trip up the elevator (Thanks Gonzo), but I survived. hahaha

Thanks again,
Andrew

brand0n
05-06-2004, 10:59 AM
my head hurts, way to much booze. my liver is going to fall out if we continue at this rate.

good to meet u gonz, cant belive u took to the hacker gang signs so fast

gonzo
05-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by VooMan@May 6 2004, 09:50 AM
Man, was that prime rib succulent, or what? I am still stuffed!

Many thanks to John and John for inviting Kathi and I to dinner, and to Corey for the drinks all evening. I had a great time hanging out with ya'll. :)

As a side bonus for me, I think I'm getting over my fear of heights. Had dinner on the 72nd floor in a rotating restaurant, and the elevator was all glass on the outside of the building. I didn't really need that SECOND trip up the elevator (Thanks Gonzo), but I survived. hahaha

Thanks again,
Andrew
Careful Voo--

Somebody will post a Sopranos spoiler!
Lets talk some more DRM today.

gonzo
05-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by brand0n@May 6 2004, 10:07 AM
my head hurts, way to much booze. my liver is going to fall out if we continue at this rate.

good to meet u gonz, cant belive u took to the hacker gang signs so fast
Brand nice meeting you as well. Everybody was pretty cool that I hadnt met before...

I can believe you too to public pissers in less than 24 hours!

Why didnt yall come get me? I would have posted bail for bubba.

VooMan
05-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@May 6 2004, 11:25 AM
Careful Voo--

hahaha How rediculous did I look covering my ears going "laaa laa laa laa, I can't hear you I can't hear you." hahaha

Sure, let's catch up and talk DRM. You know where to find me... I'll never be too far from Starbucks. heh...

gonzo
05-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by VooMan+May 6 2004, 11:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VooMan @ May 6 2004, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gonzo@May 6 2004, 11:25 AM
Careful Voo--

hahaha How rediculous did I look covering my ears going "laaa laa laa laa, I can't hear you I can't hear you." hahaha

Sure, let's catch up and talk DRM. You know where to find me... I'll never be too far from Starbucks. heh...[/b][/quote]
Im showering up and finsihing my duties. Ill head down in a bit and look for you round starbucks. I have to be in place when the family lands.

Hell Puppy
05-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@May 6 2004, 03:05 AM
If this was just a prewarm up party . . . tomorrow night should be the bomb! I departed after sending Brand0n [Brand0n sez Kevin Mitnick is GOD and showed me the hackers sign language for how to say his name from the guys from 5200] and unknowing crew to a strip club we refer to as the Clairmont Lounge. I look for them to return emotionally scarred for life.

Unless I get to feeling froggy, I wont be down til tomorrow afternoon. Save some for me.

And cutting off the tab at $7K at the Cheetah? Damn, what'd they do leave after 30 minutes? Though I must say, we've been thrown out of there in less time than that... :redance:

brand0n
05-06-2004, 04:34 PM
im heading to the bar in 20 mins, see you there

Rick Latona
05-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@May 6 2004, 12:05 AM

Heres a recap
Met up with -
1. Serge's favorite stoner JoesHo! He was pimping to go the the Rick Layona "I want to earn your friendship" dinner at the Cheetah. Sorry Mike...I tried to skeeze in under your invite but true to fat fucking nobody form the brother didnt know who I was. But thats ok...I got my revenge later.

2. The 123bill crew was there and I had some din din with them atop the sundial along with some of our missing family from Nat Net.

3. There were signs that Meni had been there...he spray painted his name on the toilet stall...pic in link.

5. I introduced myself to several people as "The Black Hand of Serge" they werent buying it but I did convince a few of em to buy me drinks and then dinner.

6. At the conclusion of the evening...Sally the CFO from CJ [the site not our CJ] plopped down beside me and introduced herself and said that she had been buying drinks and dinner for us all night. Rather confusing since I didnt go because they didnt want to earn my friendship. I dont think Sally even cared who the rest of us were. But here are some interesting Consumption Junction factiods [you could have learned this had you come to the show early]
A. She named her best friends house 2 years prior to the website. Consumption Junction -Whats your disfunction.
C. They will be having a hospitality suite somewhere at the Westin at 6pm. And she will be buying booze by the ton [3 bottles of absolute/3 bottles of Jack].
D. Consumption Junction is one of Alexa's top 500 hundred sites ever browsed of all times.
E. Sally likes making hotels do things. She even was able to get a bottle of Cab out of the Cheetah.

We would have learned more but I had to head home but its ok CJ crew...I dropped Sally off without her getting a saucerhead ride first! You guys need to take better care of your CFO. You dont advertise here and its not my responsibility. But hey what can I say? Im a nice guy!

Bring red bull. Apparently this is an undocumented "must have adult webmaster drink. Westin aint got none.
Your insite into our business is just amazing. You weren't invited because it was a client appreciation party and the room would only fit 48 people.

gonzo
05-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Rick Latona+May 9 2004, 12:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rick Latona @ May 9 2004, 12:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gonzo@May 6 2004, 12:05 AM
If this was just a prewarm up party . . . tomorrow night should be the bomb! I departed after sending Brand0n and unknowing crew to a strip club we refer to as the Clairmont Lounge. I look for them to return emotionally scarred for life.

Heres a recap
Met up with -

Your insite into our business is just amazing. You weren't invited because it was a client appreciation party and the room would only fit 48 people.[/quote]
Lots of people getting testy about this thread I see. Rick I figured being involved with Consumption Junction youd see the humor in this thread but I reckon not. No reason to get personal or pretentious about it I was just goofing around.

Jace
05-09-2004, 03:48 PM
what a great weekend.....too bad I spent some of it in jail

HA!

gonzo
05-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by JaceXXX@May 9 2004, 02:56 PM
what a great weekend.....too bad I spent some of it in jail

HA!
Which ATM were you busted for pissing on? We need to put a plaque up for you!

Seriously -- I'd say this show was a hit. My hat is off to Lens. He set up a great environment for networking and if you wanted to take part in it his seminars you could get some information as well.

I met a lot of very great folks new and old. If you get a chance to go to one of these things you should take the trip.

Anyone that thinks this business is dying is a complete fool. There are so many new things going on based on conversations with a lot of people--l'm interested to see where its going too!

If you want to hear more about the show hijinx and whats hot and whats not...Im sure Ill recap it Tuesday night at 9pm....come hear about HANS!

Jace
05-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@May 9 2004, 12:44 PM

it was up in buckhead, across from some place called jungle jim's

gonzo
05-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by JaceXXX+May 9 2004, 06:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JaceXXX @ May 9 2004, 06:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gonzo@May 9 2004, 12:44 PM

it was up in buckhead, across from some place called jungle jim's[/b][/quote]
I thought Consumption Junction took yall to the Cheetah.