PDA

View Full Version : Worst Movie ever

Almighty Colin
05-01-2004, 05:05 AM
I'll start ... "The Red Violin". I watched it because of a "best movie" thread about a year ago. It was dreadfully predictable and boring.

SykkBoy
05-01-2004, 05:08 AM
worst ever is almost as hard as best ever ;-)

I'd have to go with "Wolf" with Jack Nicholson or "The Brown Bunny".

I'm not a fan of romcoms at all, so most of those would go under "didn't like it, but didn't expect to either"

MissEve
05-01-2004, 05:51 AM
Sykk, where did you see Brown Bunny? Why so terrible? Im a little bit in love with Chloe Sevigny.

Winetalk.com
05-01-2004, 06:18 AM
hmmmm....I don't remember the worst movie.

I haven't seen more than 10 mins of it, it didn't have the chance to leave the mark on my brain
;-)))

Almighty Colin
05-01-2004, 07:39 AM
"most disappointing movie" might be more apt.

Buff
05-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Water World
Crow II City of Angels
Escape From LA

Almighty Colin
05-01-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Buff@May 1 2004, 07:19 AM
Water World
I thought of that one too.

Snoops
05-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Only one popped into my head immediately - and it fits both 'mosted disappointing AND worst movie" lol

eyes wide shut

Which is how I shoulda watched the damn thing - eyes shut with the sound down.

Peaches
05-01-2004, 10:26 AM
I liked Red Violin. Didn't love it, but it was enjoyable.

Master of Disguise
Eyes Wide Shut
Vanilla Sky
Moulin Rouge

XXXPhoto
05-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Just because so many critics bow down to memory of Orson and his battle with the poweful paperboy Hearst... I'll nominate Citizen Kane for this dubious honor... Story behind movie was better, however they even fucked
that up in RKO 281... Take Bill Gates, add in Ted Turner with a dash of Hanoi Jane, a sprinkling of Michael Jackson and you have modern version of this overrated movie...

Until they put out a 'wet and wild' video, I also nominate any movie by the 'olsen twins'... their movies are why youngest daughter has her own tv and dvd/vcr now... lol

Almighty Colin
05-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto@May 1 2004, 10:24 AM
I'll nominate Citizen Kane for this dubious honor
Agree with you there. I was very disappointed when I watched this movie.

SykkBoy
05-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by MissEve@May 1 2004, 04:59 AM
Sykk, where did you see Brown Bunny? Why so terrible? Im a little bit in love with Chloe Sevigny.
I have a friend who does reviews for an online movie review site and he had a review screener. He knew I was a fan of Vincent Gallo and Chloe Sevigne, so invited me to watch it with him.

Total garbage. Gallo's always been a pretentious filmmaker, but this was more than I could handle. This was more pretentiuos than Julien Donkey-Boy when Harmony Korine was establishing dogme cred. It was filled with poorly written characters, long stretches of nothing happening but driving...and the infamous blowjob scene. OK, the blowjob scene was nice, but I wish Chloe had picked a better movie to break that barrier.

Cheryl Teigs was wasted and just phoned in a performance. You generally don't get these types of phoned-in performances in smaller movies like this because they sure aren't doing it for the money.

The dialog was bad, and usually I can forgive that, but not from Vincent Gallo, who wrote an amazing screenplay with "Buffalo '66".

I think most of my dislike of this movie stems from liking Vincent Gallo and wanting to like this movie so much and I just couldn't.

I can handle bad movies, but I can't stand boring movies.

Joe Sixpack
05-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Colin+May 1 2004, 07:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ May 1 2004, 07:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--XXXPhoto@May 1 2004, 10:24 AM
I'll nominate Citizen Kane for this dubious honor
Agree with you there. I was very disappointed when I watched this movie.[/b][/quote]
Needs to be watched on the big screen.

venturi
05-01-2004, 08:37 PM
StarWars "Episode I" - I walked out less than 15minutes into it. Finally forced myself to give it a second chance on cable and confirmed my gut instinct that it blew chunks. JarJar Binks or whatever it's name is made me want to blast a hole in the TV screen with a shotgun. I'm not even going to bother watching the other two of the "trilogy" - it would tarnish my love of the original StarWars episodes (excepting perhaps the Ewok travesty) forever.

Evil Chris
05-01-2004, 09:18 PM
That recent one "Cabin Fever" was awful. FB and I walked out after about 40 minutes. We only stayed that long to give it a chance.

sharky
05-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Evita.

It was the first movie I ever walked out of

SykkBoy
05-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@May 1 2004, 08:26 PM
That recent one "Cabin Fever" was awful. FB and I walked out after about 40 minutes. We only stayed that long to give it a chance.
I feel faint..............
ah, you probably missed all the 70's horror references and didn't enjoy it for what it was ;-)

This movie does tend to split people. I was in the "loved it" camp. In addition to the nods to Evil Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Night Of The Living Dead and Black Christmas, there was some fun to go along with the bloodshed.

Evil Chris
05-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Sykk, I'm not the afficionado (sp?) that you are I'm sure, but all the movies you mentioned there I liked. Funny you mention Black Christmas... that one scared the hell out of me when I was in my early teens, but anyway.

I didn't see any of the "nods" you refer to. I just thought it was a poor release overall.

SykkBoy
05-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@May 1 2004, 09:00 PM
Sykk, I'm not the afficionado (sp?) that you are I'm sure, but all the movies you mentioned there I liked. Funny you mention Black Christmas... that one scared the hell out of me when I was in my early teens, but anyway.

I didn't see any of the "nods" you refer to. I just thought it was a poor release overall.
Black Christmas is one of my favorites too and helped usher in the slasher movies of the 80's (along with Bay Of Blood and the Italian horror explosion)

some of the nods:
Evil Dead - the cabin, the credit of a fake shemp and the deer antlers on the wall
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - a couple music cues
Last House On The Left - several music cues
Night Of The Living Dead - "I made it"
Dawn Of The Dead - screwdriver through the ear

If you only watched 40 minutes, you missed some of the big payoffs and a part I loved but turned some lovers in haters were the "pancakes" scene and the way the disease wasn't as destructive as the people and their emotions...I also enjoyed the finger bang misfire scene that made my wife sick...hehehe

Last edited by SykkBoy at May 1 2004, 09:06 PM

Hell Puppy
05-02-2004, 03:47 AM
Ishtar
Allen Quarterman and the Lost City of Gold
Dancers

And I was dragged to all 3 by a female....not the same one either.

The last one, Dancers, with Mikhail Barishnikov had me doing my best impression of Jack Nicholson's first scene in The Witches of Eastwick. I nearly suffered broken ribs.

pushpills
05-02-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@May 1 2004, 04:26 AM
hmmmm....I don't remember the worst movie.

I haven't seen more than 10 mins of it, it didn't have the chance to leave the mark on my brain
;-)))
if you do that often though....you've probably missed some good movies

i'll say kazaam, and yes i watched it alll the way :o

shaq can hardly do a radioshack commercial

chodadog
05-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Born Killer, without a doubt. Not to be mistaken with Natural Born Killers, by the way. I saw it years ago when i was about 15. I'll tell you what i told the video store clerk when she tried to argue the point with me about their money back satisfaction guarantee. By the way. It's set on a paintball field, if my memory serves me correctly.

"Half way through the movie, the "hero" finds a shed full of paintballs and paintball equipment. He then empties a bunch of paintballs and replaces the paint with some rather conveniently placed petrol. He then ties a rag around the end of the barrel of his skirmish rifle, sets it on fire, and all of a sudden he has a make-do grenade launcher (what the fuck?). Of course, this only took about 20 minutes and he has enough ammo to destroy a small country. So he goes about with this flaming skirmish gun, propelling little explosive paintballs at the bad guys. I want my money back."

If someone had told me you could make a bad movie about exploding paintballs before i saw Born Killer, i'd have called them a liar. How naive and innocent i was.

bluedesignstudios
05-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Either Charlie's Angels 1, or if not, then the 2nd :angry:

Almighty Colin
05-03-2004, 06:22 AM
"Jurassic Park 3" deserves a mention.

DrGuile
05-03-2004, 07:56 AM
I think 50% (at least) of movies made in the last 10 years.

Off the top of my head,

Anything with Martin Lawrence
Anything in the last 5 years with Jackie Chang
Anything with The Rock or any wrestler
Anything with the Olson Twins
Anything with Britney Spears or any pop singer (J-Lo, etc)
Anything with Hulk Hogan
Any movies where an animal is the star.
Anything where a comedian from "Friends" is the star
Anything where they keep bursting into songs for no reason.

want more?

sarah_webinc
05-03-2004, 07:58 AM
Destiny Turns On The Radio comes to mind. That was so bad that even though I was working at a cinema at the time and we were getting a free screening we still got up and left.