PDA

View Full Version : Netscape/IE Users %

RyanLanane
04-30-2004, 01:20 AM
Does anyone have any 'webtrend' type of data showing the percentage of netscape users versus IE explorer users.. It would be really helpful if anyone knows..

Hell Puppy
04-30-2004, 01:37 AM
This is accumulated over the last 3 months from one of our adult sites:

Browsers:

MSIE: 87.95 %
Netscape: 7.38 %
Opera: 0.10 %
Other 4.57 %

Stats on all our sites including mainstream are near identical, those numbers vary by no more than a point or so.

The trends of late have been netscape is slowly going back up, and "other" has increased dramatically. I took a look at some of the "others" and what's driving that is the search engine spiders. With Yahoo and Google competing right now to see who can index the most pages and have the most current data, the spiders are crawling very regularly.

SykkBoy
04-30-2004, 04:03 AM
People seem to be coming back to Netscape (not in huge droves...yet) because we Netscape users don't have fuckers autoinstalling their toolbars on us, we don't have problems with these email worms and we don't get our browsers hijacked ;-)

Netscape 6 was a disaster, but I love Netscape 7 (especially the popup blocker and junkmail filter).

Trev
04-30-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Apr 30 2004, 10:11 AM
People seem to be coming back to Netscape (not in huge droves...yet) because we Netscape users don't have fuckers autoinstalling their toolbars on us, we don't have problems with these email worms and we don't get our browsers hijacked ;-)

Netscape 6 was a disaster, but I love Netscape 7 (especially the popup blocker and junkmail filter).
So thats films, music and now browsers...

You've just got to be different don't ya :D

SykkBoy
04-30-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Trev+Apr 30 2004, 03:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Apr 30 2004, 03:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SykkBoy@Apr 30 2004, 10:11 AM

So thats films, music and now browsers...

You've just got to be different don't ya :D[/b][/quote]
hahah, you got me ;-)

TheEnforcer
04-30-2004, 10:10 AM
I use both browsers myself.