View Full Version : Sarettah

Trev
04-29-2004, 06:56 AM
We've been using your Total Control search and replace program since you asked for beta testers months and months ago.

Well it's a sweet little program and I've come to really like it except I've found a little problem with it.

We've mainly been working in directories on C:\ and have had no problems up to now. However we've just moved everything from 3 PC's over to 1 unit with 3 slave drives. No problems on the new unit while working on the C:\ drive but when we try and work on the D:\, E:\ or F:\ drive we get the following error:

An error has occurred
Error Number: 202
Invalid path or file name.
Do you want to retry ?

I've noticed the link to the program is no longer in your tag line so I'm not sure if you're still pushing this. But if you are is there any chance you can give me a heads up on this?

I get the same error on Win 98SE and Win 2000 Pro (I like what I like no matter how old it is).

Trev
04-29-2004, 07:38 AM
Oh yeah and I think it would be a good addition for this thread as well:

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?a...e5063ca36340c53 (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=11382&s=9db6ff3575b021e3de5063ca36340c53)

:)

sarettah
04-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Trev@Apr 29 2004, 06:04 AM
We've been using your Total Control search and replace program since you asked for beta testers months and months ago.

Well it's a sweet little program and I've come to really like it except I've found a little problem with it.

We've mainly been working in directories on C:\ and have had no problems up to now. However we've just moved everything from 3 PC's over to 1 unit with 3 slave drives. No problems on the new unit while working on the C:\ drive but when we try and work on the D:\, E:\ or F:\ drive we get the following error:

An error has occurred
Error Number: 202
Invalid path or file name.
Do you want to retry ?

I've noticed the link to the program is no longer in your tag line so I'm not sure if you're still pushing this. But if you are is there any chance you can give me a heads up on this?

I get the same error on Win 98SE and Win 2000 Pro (I like what I like no matter how old it is).
Hey Trev,

Thanks for the heads up. I will take a look and see whats up and get a fix out :)

I will let you know as soon as I have it.

Trev
04-29-2004, 08:54 AM
No problem thats what a beta testers for :D

sarettah
04-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Hmmm.. I just fired up my copy, pointed at my network drive and started it searching and have not had an error come back (should be the same version of source) I then went and searched my C drive no problem (my install is on my D drive which is a slave).

Is your install on your C drive or did you reinstall on to the network ? (in other words, describe where it is installed in relation to where you are searching)

I will try to replicate it.

Trev
04-29-2004, 09:08 AM
The installation is on C:\ and I'm trying to search D:\, E:\ and F:\ on the same machine.

I thought it was an installation problem so I installed on another machine with 2 hard drives and got the same error...

Last edited by Trev at Apr 29 2004, 03:17 PM

Trev
04-29-2004, 09:18 AM
We're getting a feeling it's a problem on our side :(

Since we've changed our set-up and reinstalled all our networks and operating systems it's just not working.

I'm thinking this because we can still search 'C:\My Documents' with no problems but if I try 'C:\My Documents\a-folder-that-does-exist' it gives the error.

I'm thinking it's time to move up to XP :(

Trev
04-29-2004, 09:33 AM
K'ay I installed it on my lap top and it's running sweet as a cherry like it was on the pc's before. So it looks like there's something wrong with our setup... not sure what it is but it's more work for me :(

Sorry for the false alarm

sarettah
04-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Trev@Apr 29 2004, 08:26 AM

Since we've changed our set-up and reinstalled all our networks and operating systems it's just not working.

I'm thinking this because we can still search 'C:\My Documents' with no problems but if I try 'C:\My Documents\a-folder-that-does-exist' it gives the error.

Hey Trev.

Have you tried reinstalling on the c: drive (to the original location). I am in the office and I have tried to jack up the configuration all over the place and I haven't managed to blow it up yet :(

Trev
04-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by sarettah+Apr 29 2004, 04:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Apr 29 2004, 04:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Trev@Apr 29 2004, 08:26 AM

Hey Trev.

Have you tried reinstalling on the c: drive (to the original location). I am in the office and I have tried to jack up the configuration all over the place and I haven't managed to blow it up yet :([/b][/quote]
We've had to fully reinstall windows on all 3 of our pc's here because of a virus so somethings been done wrong in the process because the laptop is a mirror of this pc before the reinstall and it runs on the laptop no matter where I put it.

Not to sure what the problem is but I think it's got something to do with the new BT software we've installed for our router and network. The new software comes with antivirus software and firewalls up the ying yang.