PDA

View Full Version : we watched Kill Bill 2 this weekend

Winetalk.com
04-26-2004, 08:39 AM
definatelly worth watching, it's DIOFFERENT from KB 1 and
Sykk, we paid attention to your mentioned references to other movies and....got drunk too!
;-)))

Bishop
04-26-2004, 08:40 AM
I guess I'll need to get around to watching Vol. 1 now..

Winetalk.com
04-26-2004, 08:46 AM
it's available on DVD now, that's how we've seen it last week
;_)

Rolo
04-26-2004, 09:33 AM
I´m still debating with myself what I think about #1... I might have too watch #2 to appreciate #1, and get the whole picture :unsure:

Winetalk.com
04-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Rolo@Apr 26 2004, 08:41 AM
I´m still debating with myself what I think about #1... I might have too watch #2 to appreciate #1, and get the whole picture :unsure:
yeap...and...the movie which makes you think if you like it or not and still think of it 30 seconds after you leave a movie theater,
is NOT such a bad movie
;-)

Mike AI
04-26-2004, 09:51 AM
#1 was lame, and boring.....

I will be forced to watch #2 just because I am invested in #1. I have a feeling it will be lame as well.

Winetalk.com
04-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Apr 26 2004, 08:59 AM

I will be forced to watch #2 just because I am invested in #1.
hmmm...there is no logic whatsoever...

I invested 30 mins of my life watching baseball...
I never watched it since,
talking about high return investments
;-)))

Vick
04-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Part of the essence of a Tarintino movie is a look into the hearts and minds of violent people

Tarintino creates characters you want to know more about, I throughly enjoy the conversations between characters in Tarintino movie, I love Elle Driver reading from the notepad in KB2

Art - as long as it makes you feel and think

LadyLaw
04-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Vick, I loved that part of KB2 as well...where Elle Driver is reading a list she copied from the Internet. LOL That was classic.

We've been listening to the soundtrack from KB1. I love Nancy Sinatra's "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)"....

SykkBoy
04-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Apr 26 2004, 07:47 AM
Sykk, we paid attention to your mentioned references to other movies and....got drunk too!
;-)))
hahaha, fun isn't it?

It's fun to know that Tarantino and I have almost the same chopsockey movies in our collections.

SykkBoy
04-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Apr 26 2004, 09:59 AM
Part of the essence of a Tarintino movie is a look into the hearts and minds of violent people

Tarintino creates characters you want to know more about, I throughly enjoy the conversations between characters in Tarintino movie, I love Elle Driver reading from the notepad in KB2

Art - as long as it makes you feel and think
Yup

I think some of best writing was in "Natural Born Killers".

EDIT - I mean Tarantino's original script, not the one that became the movie (after some serious Stone re-writes)

Last edited by SykkBoy at Apr 26 2004, 03:45 PM

Winetalk.com
04-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Apr 26 2004, 03:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Apr 26 2004, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Apr 26 2004, 07:47 AM
;-)))
hahaha, fun isn't it?

It's fun to know that Tarantino and I have almost the same chopsockey movies in our collections.[/b][/quote]
ahhh! I hope than you enjoy watching "love stories" movies, because that's what KB is!!!

I know it doesn't sound convincing after watching KB1 but...it's true nevertheless
;-)))

SykkBoy
04-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Apr 26 2004, 03:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Apr 26 2004, 03:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -SykkBoy@Apr 26 2004, 03:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Apr 26 2004, 07:47 AM
;-)))
hahaha, fun isn't it?

It's fun to know that Tarantino and I have almost the same chopsockey movies in our collections.
ahhh! I hope than you enjoy watching "love stories" movies, because that's what KB is!!!

I know it doesn't sound convincing after watching KB1 but...it's true nevertheless
;-)))[/b][/quote]
That's fine. I have a couple of those in my collection as well.

I'm planning on seeing KillBill V. 2 this week...but debating if I want to see Man On Fire first

Vick
04-26-2004, 06:00 PM
KB2 is a ....

... Fung Ku Samurai Spaghetti Western Love Story

Yeah that's how I'd describe it

LL - nice to see Darryl Hannah has still got "it", maybe this movie will resurrect her career like Pulp Fiction did for Travolta

Sykk - I've read the original script and enjoyed it but still love the movie NBK

Winetalk.com
04-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Apr 26 2004, 05:08 PM
KB2 is a ....

"maybe I over reacted.."
;-)))

THAT was classic!
;-)))

Vick
04-26-2004, 06:23 PM
a line we can "borrow" for Oprano

"You're about as useful as an asshole right here" :D

Sykk - a good one for the kids "Ella Enchanted", a little on the schmaltzy love story side
not the classic "The Princess Bride" is but in the same genre as The Princess Bride and Labyrinth.

SykkBoy
04-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Apr 26 2004, 05:08 PM
KB2 is a ....

LL - nice to see Darryl Hannah has still got "it", maybe this movie will resurrect her career like Pulp Fiction did for Travolta

Sykk - I've read the original script and enjoyed it but still love the movie NBK
I hope so. I loved Darryl Hannah in the little seen "At Play In The Fields Of The Lord"

Vick, I loved the movie too, but interesting the changes from the original to what stone put on the screen.

For anyone who hasn't read the original NBK script, it's online at http://www.godamongdirectors.com/scripts/killers.shtml

Serge, what is the possibility of a movie/entertainment chatboard for us movie geeks ;-)

SykkBoy
04-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Apr 26 2004, 05:31 PM
a line we can "borrow" for Oprano

"You're about as useful as an asshole right here" :D

Sykk - a good one for the kids "Ella Enchanted", a little on the schmaltzy love story side
not the classic "The Princess Bride" is but in the same genre as The Princess Bride and Labyrinth.
We took the kids to see that and they loved it and I didn't exactly hate it either

I'm not ALL about the artsy fartsy, the z-grade horror and the blow 'em up real good action flicks...

Winetalk.com
04-27-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Apr 26 2004, 11:03 PM

Serge, what is the possibility of a movie/entertainment chatboard for us movie geeks ;-)
bring it here, I LOVE good movies
;_)
we just watched 4 rooms by Tarentino...hillariuos, despite the bad reviews!
;_)

SykkBoy
04-27-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Apr 27 2004, 12:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Apr 27 2004, 12:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SykkBoy@Apr 26 2004, 11:03 PM

bring it here, I LOVE good movies
;_)
we just watched 4 rooms by Tarentino...hillariuos, despite the bad reviews!
;_)[/b][/quote]
will do :)

I haven't seen that one yet but it's on my "must see" list
I tend to be a completist with certain directors/writers/actors

SykkBoy
04-27-2004, 02:01 AM
Serge, a movie I'd suggest then is "American Splendor"

My favorite movie of 2003.
I've talked to a lot of poepl who hate it, but I enjoyed the acting and the way they handled the life of Harvey Pekar. I'm also a closet Robert Crumb fan so that helped.

I thought Paul Giamatti gave the performance of his life and played this "ordinary joe" so well that it's almost like he didn't have to act...one of those performances that is so subtly good, you don't notice it until after the movie's over and these little quirks he put into the character stick with you.

For those who like their movies straight forward and a lot of explosions or cheap comedy, this isn't for you ;-) The comedy comes from familiarity rather than a "guy slipping on a banana peel" kind of way.

cj
04-27-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Bishop@Apr 26 2004, 07:48 AM
I guess I'll need to get around to watching Vol. 1 now..
just what i was thinkin LOL

I'm scared of the violence level :(

Peaches
04-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Apr 27 2004, 02:09 AM
Serge, a movie I'd suggest then is "American Splendor"

My favorite movie of 2003.
I've talked to a lot of poepl who hate it, but I enjoyed the acting and the way they handled the life of Harvey Pekar. I'm also a closet Robert Crumb fan so that helped.

I thought Paul Giamatti gave the performance of his life and played this "ordinary joe" so well that it's almost like he didn't have to act...one of those performances that is so subtly good, you don't notice it until after the movie's over and these little quirks he put into the character stick with you.

For those who like their movies straight forward and a lot of explosions or cheap comedy, this isn't for you ;-) The comedy comes from familiarity rather than a "guy slipping on a banana peel" kind of way.
Ditto Lance's suggestion! One of my all time favs. At first I didn't think I was going to even like it, but ended up loving it. Get the DVD as it has some great extras in it. :okthumb:

Winetalk.com
04-27-2004, 10:28 AM
peaches, sykk, we will, thanks!

SykkBoy
04-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Apr 27 2004, 09:36 AM
peaches, sykk, we will, thanks!
A good companion piece to that movie (or otherwise worth seeking out if you like American Splendor) is "Crumb" which is a documentary about Robert Crumb who did some of Harvey Pekar's illustrations for his comic book (and is featured in the movie).
I'm not really a comic book reader but was always fascinated with Robert Crumb and Harvey Pekar. When everyone else was creating spandex-clad superheros, these guys were portraying oddball characters, social idiosyncrocies and in Pekar's case, his own mundane life.

LadyLaw
04-27-2004, 04:31 PM
SykkBoy.....

I loved Crumb. What an artist and what an eccentric. The shots with his family (oy vey!) were sad in a way.....his former wife and girlfriend were fun. Just a great movie (if you like that sort of thing).

I rented Amercian Splendor, and also Rodriguez's latest, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, which got spotty reviews, but nothing worse than Four Rooms. Did you see it that movie yet??

SykkBoy
04-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LadyLaw@Apr 27 2004, 03:39 PM
SykkBoy.....

I loved Crumb. What an artist and what an eccentric. The shots with his family (oy vey!) were sad in a way.....his former wife and girlfriend were fun. Just a great movie (if you like that sort of thing).

I rented Amercian Splendor, and also Rodriguez's latest, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, which got spotty reviews, but nothing worse than Four Rooms. Did you see it that movie yet??
I loved Once Upon A Time In Mexico, personally my favorite of the series (and I really liked the series). Johnny Deep owns that movie (er, just like any movie he's been in the last decade or so ;-))

I'm looking forward to seeing Four Rooms, I actually just moved it up my NetFlix que

Peaches
04-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Apr 27 2004, 04:53 PM
I loved Once Upon A Time In Mexico, personally my favorite of the series (and I really liked the series). Johnny Deep owns that movie (er, just like any movie he's been in the last decade or so ;-))
Sometimes you scare me - I was getting ready to say the exact same thing. :P

Peaches
04-27-2004, 05:06 PM
BTW, Tonda swears she figured out Identity in the first few minutes - I say she's full of shit. :grrr:

Tonda_WEGCash
04-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Apr 27 2004, 04:14 PM
BTW, Tonda swears she figured out Identity in the first few minutes - I say she's full of shit. :grrr:
I promise you...the first time the little boy walked into his mom's hotel room...I knew! What is that...like 30 minutes into the movie? That movie was lame IMHO. Sorry if you like it Peaches but I have seen better;)

SykkBoy
04-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Apr 27 2004, 04:14 PM
Um, I figured out Identity too, but that's probably because I've seen more horror movies than most ;-)

It's pretty hard to throw me these days, unless it's a totally out of left field for the sake of a fucked up ending kind of thing...

Peaches
04-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Apr 27 2004, 05:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Apr 27 2004, 05:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Apr 27 2004, 04:14 PM
Um, I figured out Identity too, but that's probably because I've seen more horror movies than most ;-)

It's pretty hard to throw me these days, unless it's a totally out of left field for the sake of a fucked up ending kind of thing...[/b][/quote]
I could have sworn you said you didn't figure it out - well, it got me, lol!

I will never forgive Gavin for telling me in Vegas 3-4 years ago that he'd figured out the 6th Sense in a few minutes....that made me look and sure enough I did. :rolleyes:

Vick
04-27-2004, 05:26 PM
MR. WHITE
For the past fifteen minutes now, you've just been droning on with names.
"Toby...Toby...Toby... Toby Wong...Toby Wong...Toby Chung...fuckin Charlie Chan."
I got Madonna's big dick outta my right ear, and Toby Jap I-don't- know-what, outta my left.

JOE
What do you care?

MR. WHITE
When you're annoying as hell, I care a lot.

JOE
Give me my book.

MR. WHITE
You gonna put it away?

JOE
I'm gonna do whatever I wanna do with it.

MR. WHITE
Well, then, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to keep it.

MR. BLONDE
Joe, you want me to shoot him for you?

MR. WHITE
Shit, you shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

SykkBoy
04-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Apr 27 2004, 04:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Apr 27 2004, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -SykkBoy@Apr 27 2004, 05:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Apr 27 2004, 04:14 PM

It's pretty hard to throw me these days, unless it's a totally out of left field for the sake of a fucked up ending kind of thing...
I could have sworn you said you didn't figure it out - well, it got me, lol!

I will never forgive Gavin for telling me in Vegas 3-4 years ago that he'd figured out the 6th Sense in a few minutes....that made me look and sure enough I did. :rolleyes:[/b][/quote]
Did I?

yikes, Ihope it wasn't on one of my med days...lol

LadyLaw
04-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Apr 27 2004, 03:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Apr 27 2004, 03:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--LadyLaw@Apr 27 2004, 03:39 PM
SykkBoy.....

I'm looking forward to seeing Four Rooms, I actually just moved it up my NetFlix que[/b][/quote]
Thanks for the thumbs up.....we're going to watch Once Upon a Time in Mexico tonight.

You're going to LOVE the Rodriguez piece with Antonio Banderas in Four Rooms...I promise!