PDA

View Full Version : Human Cloning

Bishop
04-22-2004, 12:40 PM
I heard about a site on the radio a few days ago.. If you go to Google and search for 'Human Cloning' you will find an ad on the top right. The link will send you to http://www.godsendinstitute.org - This site claims to be able to clone your child if you lose them. Here is a testimonial that is on the site:

"Our son’s name was Michael and when he died he was five years old. I was heartbroken of course, but my wife was absolutely devastated. She had been told that she was unable to have children and when Michael was born, she had taken it as a sign from God. When he died, my wife’s faith died with him. Then we heard about Dr. Wells and Godsend. It’s been three years since he gave Michael back to us and all I can say is that if there is a God, his name is Dr. Richard Wells."

Next to this testimonial are pictures of children. There is a phone number to contact the Institute about getting your children back.

The site looks pretty freaking real.. its actually a publicity stunt for a new moving coming out. http://godsendthemovie.com

Apparently people have been thinking this is for real.. people who have recently lost their children. They are calling and emailing asking for information so they can get their children back. The production company is contacting these people back explaining it is all a hoax.

I think this is a crappy publicity stunt. I'm sure its going to get the movie a bunch of attention but I think its pretty sick. The site isn't an obvious hoax. Seems to me they are giving false hope to parents in grief.. I appreciate their reasons but I don't like the angle they took.

Peaches
04-22-2004, 12:48 PM
My son, Brad Pitt was killed in a horrible accident. I need him cloned. B)

You're right though, they should pull the site or have a HUGE disclaimer on it. :angry:

Bishop
04-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Apr 22 2004, 11:56 AM
My son, Brad Pitt was killed in a horrible accident. I need him cloned. B)

You're right though, they should pull the site or have a HUGE disclaimer on it. :angry:

There you go dreaming again! First it was about the laptop.. now its about Brad Pitt.

Nickatilynx
04-22-2004, 01:19 PM
I'll have you know that site does very well!!!!

;-)))))))

why were you looking for that in google ifI dare ask?

Bishop
04-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 22 2004, 12:27 PM

My master plan to rule the world requires atleast one disposable body double.

Nickatilynx
04-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Bishop+Apr 22 2004, 09:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishop @ Apr 22 2004, 09:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Nickatilynx@Apr 22 2004, 12:27 PM

My master plan to rule the world requires atleast one disposable body double.[/b][/quote]
logical , and intriguing!

:)