PDA

View Full Version : The DaVinci Code

TheEnforcer
04-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Anybody else read this book? Damn I loved every second of it. Picked it up Sunday night and fished it yesterday evening. Some incredible info in that book. Some really great stuff. One of the best books I have ever read.

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Apr 20 2004, 11:05 AM
Anybody else read this book? Damn I loved every second of it. Picked it up Sunday night and fished it yesterday evening. Some incredible info in that book. Some really great stuff. One of the best books I have ever read.
...and there are about 10 threads on Oprano about it and other books Dan Brown wrote, and even pics of Templar Church in London and the knights they looked at!
;-))

http://www.nocomments.com/London04/index6.html

you wouldn't miss it all if you came here on a regular basis
;-)))

dantheman
04-20-2004, 12:43 PM
There's a new show on history channel, it's called investigating history, last night was a show about the templars and the holy gail. very interesting for sure.

TheEnforcer
04-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Apr 20 2004, 11:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Apr 20 2004, 11:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TheEnforcer@Apr 20 2004, 11:05 AM
...and there are about 10 threads on Oprano about it and other books Dan Brown wrote, and even pics of Templar Church in London and the knights they looked at!
;-))

http://www.nocomments.com/London04/index6.html

you wouldn't miss it all if you came here on a regular basis
;-)))[/b][/quote]
Oh, I remember the threads about it but they didn't interest me at the time so I started a new one!! :D For the record, I'm here just about every day. Other than a break when I moved I come here all the time.

BTW- great pics!! :okthumb:

pushpills
04-20-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm waiting for serge to send me a personalized copy to read.

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Apr 20 2004, 02:10 PM
you are young,
I wouldn't call it exercize in futility,
I already put it in my will....
;-)))

BTW, WHY do you wanna read a book????
your chicks are much more impressed by your vehecle....
;-)))

pushpills
04-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Apr 20 2004, 01:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Apr 20 2004, 01:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pushpills@Apr 20 2004, 02:10 PM
you are young,
I wouldn't call it exercize in futility,
I already put it in my will....
;-)))

BTW, WHY do you wanna read a book????
your chicks are much more impressed by your vehecle....
;-)))[/b][/quote]
yea, but i'm tired of making up book quotes and hoping the girl doesn't notice i've never read anything besides her bra tag.

seriously though, I don't read too many large books, a bit time consuming for this portion of my life.

TheEnforcer
04-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Ahh shit.. you should be able to read that book in no time flat. I picked it up and read a couple hours Sunday and a couple hours Monday and was done in no time flat.

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 04:21 PM
next time I go to Rome,
I'll bring pics of the places written about in Demon and Angels by the same author
;_)))

TheEnforcer
04-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 03:29 PM
next time I go to Rome,
I'll bring pics of the places written about in Demon and Angels by the same author
;_)))
Cool. That would be nice. I plan on reading that book next. :okthumb:

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer+Apr 20 2004, 04:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheEnforcer @ Apr 20 2004, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 03:29 PM
next time I go to Rome,
;_)))
Cool. That would be nice. I plan on reading that book next. :okthumb:[/b][/quote]
2 1/2 days max....with my English, I finished it in 3
;-)))

SykkBoy
04-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Ron Howard's company recently purchased the movie rights to the book. It'll be interesting to see what his company does with it.

For Spanish Horror fans, there is some Templar mythology in the The Blind Dead series (I have this extreme softspot for Spanish zombie movies, especially "Tombs Of The Blind Dead")

For Joe Sixpack: this is an amazing spanish horror series, De Ossorio is my second favorite spanish director after Jess Franco (who has almost as many aka's as credits ;-))