PDA

View Full Version : cj, Gonzo

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Guys, when are we opening it?

I saw the preview, it looks real cool!!!!!

cj
04-20-2004, 08:00 AM
soon ;-)

I need to spend a few hours more putting in the news content from our partners ...

Kath, can you icq me 3422430 I'm ready for you ;-)

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by cj@Apr 20 2004, 07:08 AM
soon ;-)

I need to spend a few hours more putting in the news content from our partners ...

cj,
you and Gonzo giving weasel run for his money
;-)))

gonzo
04-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Serge...CJ has totally outdone herself on this site. I think everyone here is going to be knocked out at the look of this addition. And when they see the business styled tools we have in store plus the information and a little good natured fun....its going to be a must to check it out!

Im still adding in some of our family both new and old to play a major role in this new tool. Someone said Sykk had some tricks up his sleeve as well?

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Apr 20 2004, 07:24 AM
Serge...CJ has totally outdone herself on this site. I think everyone here is going to be knocked out at the look of this addition. And when they see the business styled tools we have in store plus the information and a little good natured fun....its going to be a must to check it out!

Im still adding in some of our family both new and old to play a major role in this new tool. Someone said Sykk had some tricks up his sleeve as well?
yeap, and I have one more trick not too many people aware of:
LucGM has something special to write for it
;-)))

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 08:21 AM
P.S. and if you see articles signerd by
LittleC,
please don't confuse them with Claudia..
"C" stands for "Chrysler"
;-)))

cj
04-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Apr 20 2004, 07:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Apr 20 2004, 07:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cj@Apr 20 2004, 07:08 AM
soon ;-)

cj,
;-)))[/b][/quote]
and this time i'm copying one of his ideas for a change :okthumb:

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by cj+Apr 20 2004, 07:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ Apr 20 2004, 07:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 07:23 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--cj@Apr 20 2004, 07:08 AM
soon ;-)

cj,
;-)))
and this time i'm copying one of his ideas for a change :okthumb:[/b][/quote]
this is the BEST compliment he ever got in his life!
;-))))

gonzo
04-20-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Apr 20 2004, 07:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Apr 20 2004, 07:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cj@Apr 20 2004, 07:08 AM
soon ;-)

cj,
;-)))[/b][/quote]
Little Weasel is too busy replacing Cheshire over there. Look at the Alexa numbers...they speaks for themselves.

Interestingly enough Plus is coming back online kind of as a precursor to a change in attitude over all I think.

Besides...I got one more project in my goodie bag after this one.

I believe that the days of just running a banner and giving away CD players to webmasters are in their twilight. Days of ripping off surfers and fleecing them are also coming to an end. Best learn how to treat them as customers!

We aint been asleep at the wheel over here...Oprano has been building toward the future.

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by gonzo+Apr 20 2004, 07:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Apr 20 2004, 07:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 07:23 AM
soon ;-)

cj,
;-)))
Little Weasel is too busy replacing Cheshire over there. Look at the Alexa numbers...they speaks for themselves.

Interestingly enough Plus is coming back online kind of as a precursor to a change in attitude over all I think.

Besides...I got one more project in my goodie bag after this one.

I believe that the days of just running a banner and giving away CD players to webmasters are in their twilight. Days of ripping off surfers and fleecing them are also coming to an end. Best learn how to treat them as customers!

We aint been asleep at the wheel over here...Oprano has been building toward the future.[/b][/quote]
shhh!!!!

we are still officialy DEAD!!!!!! ..and I like it this way,
everything what Gonzo posted is not true and a pigment of his imagination!
;-)))

cj
04-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Apr 20 2004, 07:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Apr 20 2004, 07:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -cj@Apr 20 2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 07:23 AM
soon ;-)

cj,
;-)))
;-))))[/b][/quote]
awww thank you!

but do you think he will see it that way?! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by cj+Apr 20 2004, 07:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ Apr 20 2004, 07:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by -cj@Apr 20 2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 07:23 AM
soon ;-)

cj,
;-)))
;-))))
awww thank you!

but do you think he will see it that way?! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:[/b][/quote]
I dunno,
he is a very busy man nowadays,
his traffic rating took a huge dive,
seems like Cheshire and her multip[le personalities talking to themselves were responcible for 1/2 of his ratings
;-))))

DrGuile
04-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 07:48 AM
...and a pigment of his imagination!
;-)))
pigment?

hehehe

What color is gonzo's imagination?

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by DrGuile+Apr 20 2004, 08:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ Apr 20 2004, 08:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 07:48 AM
...and a pigment of his imagination!
;-)))
pigment?

hehehe

What color is gonzo's imagination?[/b][/quote]
usualy green....or pink
;-)))

kath
04-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by cj@Apr 20 2004, 04:08 AM
soon ;-)

I'm here! :D

Should be on most of the day (until about 5pm Pacific Time - daughter has a softball game).... so let me know what you need, when you need it and we'll get this thing going!

:rokk:

Definitely looking forward....

Vick
04-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by cj+Apr 20 2004, 07:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ Apr 20 2004, 07:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 07:23 AM
soon ;-)

cj,
;-)))
and this time i'm copying one of his ideas for a change :okthumb:[/b][/quote]
where did the weasel get an idea? :biglaugh:

Nickatilynx
04-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Days of ripping off surfers and fleecing them are also coming to an end. Best learn how to treat them as customers!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

A surfer isn't a customer til he pays for something .

Until then he is merely a scum sucking parasite ,sitting slightly higher on the evolutionary scale than weasel

vdc-Loki
04-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 20 2004, 07:37 AM
Days of ripping off surfers and fleecing them are also coming to an end. Best learn how to treat them as customers!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until then he is merely a scum sucking parasite ,sitting slightly higher on the evolutionary scale than weasel
Tell me your kidding, I don't know cause i really don't know many people here, so if you were kidding with that comment ignore the rest of this lol.

Try and take a mainstream approach to surfers, EVERY surfer is a potential customer, but if you treat them or bait them like a "scum sucking parasite " then thats exactly what they will be.

If you go to the store to buy something, anything i don't care what and the salesperson treats you like shit, do you buy from them?

No

Why?

well one reason could be cause you'll be damned if your gonna help that fuck of a salesperson make a commision off you, or even keep their job. you'd just go on to the next store, where your not treated like shit.

Now granted some surfers are scum, out to signup and grab your content then chargeback and laugh all the way to the closest newsgroup. but doe sthat mean we should treat EVERY surfer like that?

I think not.

-Loki-

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Loki,
just tell me how many millions of dollars have you made with your approach and I'll tell you how many Nick has made with his.

By the sound of it,
you are Netpond material and not yet ready for prime time
;_)
we don't have time to waste on your idealistic bullshit.

How many "mainstream" companies went bust in the last 3 years? I'm sure their shareholders are all ears about your "new and bright mainstream ideas"
;-)))

Winetalk.com
04-20-2004, 11:01 PM
P.S. and when you get back,
please tell Meat I threw you back into the pond PERSONALLY
;-)))

masterp74
04-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Apr 20 2004, 07:37 AM

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

for once in my life, i agree with you Nick. do you want to call the press or should I? :matey:

vdc-Loki
04-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 07:07 PM
Loki,
just tell me how many millions of dollars have you made with your approach and I'll tell you how many Nick has made with his.

By the sound of it,
you are Netpond material and not yet ready for prime time
;_)
we don't have time to waste on your idealistic bullshit.

How many "mainstream" companies went bust in the last 3 years? I'm sure their shareholders are all ears about your "new and bright mainstream ideas"
;-)))
exactly how is what isaid to be taken as "idealistic bullshit" by simply agreeing with Gonzo saying "Days of ripping off surfers and fleecing them are also coming to an end. Best learn how to treat them as customers!"

if saying ppl should treat EVERY surfer as a potential customer is Idealisic Bullshit, then i guess so be it, but as this adult market continues to grow and evolve as it has done for the last 7 years. I think My thinking will be of the norm then the "surfers are nothing but scum"

It is in fact that "scum" that pays us, and that pays our affils isn't it?

-Loki-

SykkBoy
04-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Apr 20 2004, 07:24 AM
Someone said Sykk had some tricks up his sleeve as well?
Things...I hear things...
;-)

cj
04-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 10:07 PM
Loki,

and how many times has nick fallen on his ass and had to start from scratch with debts bigger than most of us earn in a year?!?!?!?

come on serge, even you can see that the times of blatantly screwing people are over & not going to get you far these days in this market - unless you consider 'far' to be living in an $8 million pink house with a 3 month old baby you've seen 4 times, addicted to pain killers and an entire city of people who hate you because you owe them money.

or 'far' like joeE ... with bridges burning down in a trail behind him

or Lensman ... shephard

or Xpics ...

or IEG ...

or hooper in 6 months time ...

Idealistic Bullshit is the current trend - and its idealistic bullshit that keeps merchant accounts these days :okthumb:

While the idealistic newbies may be 'too nice' for Oprano the surfers like them - and they are the ones with the credit cards!

Loki, Nick is a crook (alledgedly) ... but he's our crook & we kinda like him anyway LOL

Oprano is a bit different to Netpond - everyone here is an old timer & most have made or lost their fortune a few times over, we are more cynical and have seen it all before, we know that customer service doesn't *necessarily* equal more dollars and we aren't naive enough to think that idealism has a place in this business ...

But I don't think customer service is idealistic, i think its good business & I happen to really really like my processing solution.

HoneyBlond
04-21-2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Apr 20 2004, 11:45 PM
Oprano building toward the future.

HHhmmm a new slogan maybe ??

:awinky:

Last edited by HoneyBlond at Apr 21 2004, 06:43 PM

soupman
04-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by HoneyBlond+Apr 20 2004, 11:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HoneyBlond @ Apr 20 2004, 11:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gonzo@Apr 20 2004, 11:45 PM
Oprano building toward the future.

HHhmmm a new slogan maybe ??

:awinky:[/b][/quote]
Seems to be getting closer to a slogan. Not soup yet though.

Nickatilynx
04-21-2004, 11:09 AM
CJ,

I did not say screw them. That is a very strong accusation.

Once they pay you they are wonderful human beings.Don't rip them off once they pay you.

Chinese surfers?Are they potential customers? FUCK NO!!! Strip them and send them away to web hell.

I only want QUALIFIED customers coming to my shop.

UNTIL they fucking pay you , pop consoles on them ( I believe surfers fucking hate that) blind link the bastards and send them to where YOU etc etc etc!!!!!

And now to be the devils advocate........

Idealistic Bullshit is the current trend - and its idealistic bullshit that keeps merchant accounts these days

Hmmm at 1% I would say it is nearly impossible to have only one.ESPECIALLY if you have an affiliate program where people can automatically join.

And being nice to surfers ain't gonna keep them .

and how many times has nick fallen on his ass and had to start from scratch with debts bigger than most of us earn in a year?!?!?!?

Personally , its strange really, but I always seem to come out OK ;-)))

But you are right , sometimes I have been very unfortunate in some of my business dealings. ;-)))

Nickatilynx
04-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by vdc-Loki+Apr 20 2004, 07:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vdc-Loki @ Apr 20 2004, 07:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Nickatilynx@Apr 20 2004, 07:37 AM

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me your kidding, I don't know cause i really don't know many people here, so if you were kidding with that comment ignore the rest of this lol.

Try and take a mainstream approach to surfers, EVERY surfer is a potential customer, but if you treat them or bait them like a "scum sucking parasite " then thats exactly what they will be.

If you go to the store to buy something, anything i don't care what and the salesperson treats you like shit, do you buy from them?

No

Why?

well one reason could be cause you'll be damned if your gonna help that fuck of a salesperson make a commision off you, or even keep their job. you'd just go on to the next store, where your not treated like shit.

Now granted some surfers are scum, out to signup and grab your content then chargeback and laugh all the way to the closest newsgroup. but doe sthat mean we should treat EVERY surfer like that?

I think not.

-Loki-[/b][/quote]
Not wishing to be rude , but who the fuck are you btw ?

;-))))

What sites do you run?

Do you do this full time or do you have another job?

masterp74
04-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Apr 21 2004, 07:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Apr 21 2004, 07:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -vdc-Loki@Apr 20 2004, 07:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Nickatilynx@Apr 20 2004, 07:37 AM

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

No

Why?

I think not.

-Loki-
Not wishing to be rude , but who the fuck are you btw ?

;-))))

What sites do you run?

Do you do this full time or do you have another job?[/b][/quote]
That's the old Nick i know. where are you been? :matey:

Nickatilynx
04-22-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 07:07 PM
how many millions of dollars have you made with your approach and I'll tell you how many Nick has made with his.
I site this link here , and would like to state for the record.... (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=11286&s=9c69ef5a1a11b174653a85eba8683525)

That serge is talking in LIRE the most common currency used for net business and
That my total net income for the past few years totals perhaps USD 3.50 !!!

;-)))

My records show , in fact , Serge , that you sent me a gift voucher to TGI Fridays and a rather well worn copy of the bible (St.James Version) in full payment of all traffic sent to you , from 1996 - 2001.

Thank you :)

;-))))

Winetalk.com
04-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Nick, I only sent you Torah....Bible wasn't mine, it came from Brian Shuster perhaps, Ron or some other well known Christians
;-)))

are you sure it was Jame's version and not weasel's version?
;_))

Nickatilynx
04-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Apr 22 2004, 09:58 AM
Nick, I only sent you Torah....Bible wasn't mine, it came from Brian Shuster perhaps, Ron or some other well known Christians
;-)))

are you sure it was Jame's version and not weasel's version?
;_))
ahhhh that explains it all!!!!!!!!!

I got my bible mixed up with my torahs!!!

No wonder they want to look higher up my ass than Steve Sweet trys and puts a dildo up his models ;-)))))

Winetalk.com
04-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by cj+Apr 21 2004, 12:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ Apr 21 2004, 12:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 10:07 PM
Loki,

[/b][/quote]
you just made my point for me...
his fallings had nothing to do with the net activities and his rising from the ashes were done on the net using the same good 'ole formula
;-))

Nickatilynx
04-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Apr 22 2004, 10:09 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Apr 22 2004, 10:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -cj@Apr 21 2004, 12:02 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Apr 20 2004, 10:07 PM
Loki,

you just made my point for me...
his fallings had nothing to do with the net activities and his rising from the ashes were done on the net using the same good 'ole formula
;-))[/b][/quote]
Very astute Serge ...very astute ;-)))))))

And btw...my rectal examination is over RevCanada are happy once again. :)

Its just that after the event I like to whine and bitch , maybe I am Jewish??? ;-)))))

I''ve had more comebacks than Sinatra ;-)))))

In other words , I'm back ;-)))))

The phoenix is aloft once more :)

Winetalk.com
04-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Nick,
not being a woman, I see it very clearly
;))))

will some of our ladies here see the light one day, not clouded by their sex?
;-)))