PDA

View Full Version : Programs cancel this fraudulent affiliate NOW!

Brad Mitchell
04-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Hello,

Won't go into great detail here but will be happy to do so in private. CCBill helped us identify an ongoing credit card fraud with one of our affiliates. Unfortunately, this activity came at great expense and risk to our program. The following individual was responsible for about 50 fraudulent credit card signups in the last two months:

Natalia Cameanaia from North Vancouver, BC

Unfortunately we didn't find out until after making several payments to them. Don't let yourself get screwed and freeze their account. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions. I can provide substantial proof of the perpetrated fraud.

Thanks CCBill! I'd have been fucked if they continued to get away with this.

Regards,

Brad

gonzo
04-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by SinEmpire@Apr 16 2004, 12:29 PM
Hello,

Won't go into great detail here but will be happy to do so in private. CCBill helped us identify an ongoing credit card fraud with one of our affiliates. Unfortunately, this activity came at great expense and risk to our program. The following individual was responsible for about 50 fraudulent credit card signups in the last two months:

Unfortunately we didn't find out until after making several payments to them. Don't let yourself get screwed and freeze their account. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions. I can provide substantial proof of the perpetrated fraud.

Regards,

Brad
Why not go into detail about it?
If your gonna call out for everyone to get rid of him then you should be able to tell us why.

Carrie
04-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Apr 16 2004, 09:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Apr 16 2004, 09:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SinEmpire@Apr 16 2004, 12:29 PM
Hello,

Regards,

Brad
Why not go into detail about it?
If your gonna call out for everyone to get rid of him then you should be able to tell us why.[/b][/quote]
Yep, otherwise it's just an unfounded smear.
You've got the rep to back it up Brad but a little proof goes a long way.

Btw, I hear you're having twin boys - congrats!!

sharky
04-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Hey guys, I'm no genius here, but I'd think Brad is holding that info back so he doesn't advertise his fraud screening methods in a public forum. it's counter productive don't you think?

gonzo
04-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by sharky@Apr 16 2004, 10:15 PM
Hey guys, I'm no genius here, but I'd think Brad is holding that info back so he doesn't advertise his fraud screening methods in a public forum. it's counter productive don't you think?
Makes sense to me!

mojobill
04-16-2004, 11:31 PM
I wont go into specifics... but we worked with CCBill on this, and investigated it thoroughly.... after a TON of time analyzing the data, and putting the customer information in a spread sheet, a definate pattern emerged.... CCBill took that data, with their own, and ran with it....

The affiliate in question had been cancelled previously on other CCBill programs for similar 'issues'...

Additional information was provided to CCBill on other accounts, and those are being traced down now...

beyond that, you are going to have to trust in the reputations that Brad and I have established in the business...... this was not a rash decision, or one we took lightly...

Last edited by fatbaby at Apr 16 2004, 10:41 PM

gonzo
04-17-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by fatbaby@Apr 16 2004, 10:39 PM
I wont go into specifics... but we worked with CCBill on this, and investigated it thoroughly.... after a TON of time analyzing the data, and putting the customer information in a spread sheet, a definate pattern emerged.... CCBill took that data, with their own, and ran with it....

The affiliate in question had been cancelled previously on other CCBill programs for similar 'issues'...

Additional information was provided to CCBill on other accounts, and those are being traced down now...

beyond that, you are going to have to trust in the reputations that Brad and I have established in the business...... this was not a rash decision, or one we took lightly...
Works for me....if ccbill shut em down they werent doing anything good.
Good job on coming forward to expose these fucks.

Got a blacklist of sites that are installing spyware?

cj
04-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by sharky@Apr 16 2004, 10:15 PM
good point sharky!!! :okthumb:

besides, if Brad says someone is suspicious, I don't need any more proof than that. His judgement is enough for me!

mojobill
04-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Gonzo and CJ... we really appreciate your support and confidence ;-)

gigi
04-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Good call on letting others know about this affiliate Brad. Cheating affiliates are scum and should be called out. :moon: