PDA

View Full Version : One of the funniest things I have read in awhile..

Mike AI
04-14-2004, 04:30 PM
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story.php?...925-2810106.php (http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-2810106.php)

April 09, 2004

Islamic group demands inquiry into ‘gag’ photo
Reservist under investigation for claims in image

By Laura Bailey
Times staff writer

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/content/editorial/editart/040904mcphoto.jpg

An Islamic civil liberties group has called for a Pentagon investigation into an apparent gag photograph of a Marine in Iraq taken during the last year.
In the photo, a smiling Lance Cpl. Ted J. Boudreaux Jr. is standing next to two Iraqi boys. All three have their thumbs up as one of the boys holds a cardboard sign that reads “Lcpl Boudreaux killed my Dad, th[en] he knocked up my sister!”

The photo has been circulating around the Internet for at least a month.

On April 2, a Muslim upset by the image e-mailed the photo to the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations. The organization, which describes itself as America’s largest Islamic civil liberties group, promptly issued a press release calling for an investigation, said organization spokesman Ibrahim Hooper.

“We’re asking ‘was it legitimate, what were the circumstances, did this guy do these crimes or was it a joke?’” Hooper said April 5.

In the April 2 release, the council called on the Defense Department to take action “to let military personnel know that such behavior harms America’s image and will not be tolerated.”

“If the United States Army is seeking to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people, this is the wrong way to accomplish that goal,” stated council executive director Nihad Awad in the release.

Boudreaux is a reservist with Headquarters and Service Company, 3rd Battalion, 23rd Marines, according to Capt. Jeff Pool, a Marine Forces Reserve spokesman. The New Orleans-based infantry unit deployed to the Kut area of Iraq in May and returned home in mid-September.

Pool said the command began an investigation shortly after it received the photo via e-mail several weeks ago.

Investigating officers have spoken with Boudreaux and are working to determine whether the claims on the sign are true and what, if any, charges to bring against him, Pool said. Investigation results were not expected to be released for another week or two, Marines Forces Reserve spokesman Capt. Patrick Kerr said April 8.

One Arab-American Marine who teaches culture to fellow military personnel called the photo “deplorable” and said such behavior is a serious issue to be addressed.

Gunnery Sgt. Jamal Baadani, the president and founder of the Association of Patriotic Arab Americans in Military, is on a one-year tour in the Middle East. There, he gives cultural lessons to newly assigned personnel and is Chief of Host Nation Training Support Coordination.

“This picture and sign directed towards a Muslim family is inexcusable,” he said via e-mail. “Inexcusable because if this lance corporal was given a basic class on Islam, he would have known that remarks such as ‘knocking up’ a Muslim Arab woman is not tolerated and violates the honor of a Muslim woman and her family.

“If it was a local Iraq Arab that did this, he would have been shot by a family member on the spot for violating their family honor,” he said.

Winetalk.com
04-14-2004, 04:32 PM
and somebody wanna tell me Hooper has a sense of humor?????
“We’re asking ‘was it legitimate, what were the circumstances, did this guy do these crimes or was it a joke?’” Hooper said April 5.

Bishop
04-14-2004, 04:49 PM
That is hilarious.. if I was the guy I would just scream "Photoshop! Photoshop!" hahaha

On another note.. if they image is real.. the Muslim who is upset by it should be more upset that the guy killed the father then tagged the daughter. As far as honor.. not like the dad was around to be offended. I would think saying you 'knocked her up' isn't as bad as actually doing it. Besides its not him saying it.. its from the kids perspective.. someone needs to track that kid down and give him hell for getting this soldier into trouble like this.. little bastard..

dantheman
04-14-2004, 05:37 PM
sounds like he did what most marines do around the world ; ))

I never killed the dad, but he prolly wish he could kill me :ph34r:

Mike AI
04-14-2004, 05:40 PM
It is funny, however it will be used as propaganda by our enemies. It does not help win Hearts and Minds.

Full size photo needs some PhotoShop love

http://www.cair-net.org/images/lcpl11.jpg

gonzo
04-14-2004, 08:57 PM
:papow:

Bishop
04-14-2004, 10:07 PM
quickie.. don't have time to do a good job.. haha

http://sinsells.com/photo.jpg

cj
04-15-2004, 01:18 AM
do you guys seriously find this funny?! I know it was intended as a joke but its really really poor taste. isn't it bad enough that we are killing innocent people & that our soldiers have been known to rape their women without laughing about it afterwards?!?!

its almost as funny as an iraqi soldier getting 2 american boys to hold up a sign that says in arabic 'i lost my family in the WTC attack and all i got was this lousy cardboard sign'.

so funny i forgot to laugh.

JR
04-15-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by cj@Apr 14 2004, 09:26 PM
do you guys seriously find this funny?! I know it was intended as a joke but its really really poor taste. isn't it bad enough that we are killing innocent people & that our soldiers have been known to rape their women without laughing about it afterwards?!?!

its almost as funny as an iraqi soldier getting 2 american boys to hold up a sign that says in arabic 'i lost my family in the WTC attack and all i got was this lousy cardboard sign'.

so funny i forgot to laugh.
It's not funny to me at all. All Americans should be required to live in a hostile country for a few years to understand why everyone hates them.

Americans have no clue why the world hates them. If it was an Arab holding a sign and two little American boys, everyone here would flip completely out and demand we start the bombing right away... and THAT is exactly the problem.

brand0n
04-15-2004, 04:03 AM
i found it funny but i have a fucked up sense of humor

Bishop
04-15-2004, 07:20 AM
The world has bigger problems than a card board sign. I see it for what it was... a guy making a joke. Nothing more.

cj
04-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Bishop@Apr 15 2004, 06:28 AM
The world has bigger problems than a card board sign. I see it for what it was... a guy making a joke. Nothing more.
the bigger problems are a direct result of this attitude that makes you think its funny that human beings are being raped and killed.

why SHOULD other countries accept this when your govt AND your people are so fucking obnoxious about your bad behavior?!?!

YOU see it as a guy making a joke, but those who think this is funny are the first ones getting angry that people in their country are burning american flags.

but as long as everyone gets a laugh and material for a letterman skit its ok ... because its just a guy making a joke.

Bishop
04-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by cj+Apr 15 2004, 06:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ Apr 15 2004, 06:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Bishop@Apr 15 2004, 06:28 AM
the bigger problems are a direct result of this attitude that makes you think its funny that human beings are being raped and killed.

why SHOULD other countries accept this when your govt AND your people are so fucking obnoxious about your bad behavior?!?!

YOU see it as a guy making a joke, but those who think this is funny are the first ones getting angry that people in their country are burning american flags.

but as long as everyone gets a laugh and material for a letterman skit its ok ... because its just a guy making a joke.[/b][/quote]

We have a problem here CJ.. your very serious with your reply. You really mean what your saying.. I'm really not giving it any thought. I'm looking at this image like its a photoshop job on a humor site.

I'm not looking at this from the worlds perspective.. that my country this and my country that.. If you notice I never talk about politics. I'm going to do my best to avoid having a political conversation now.

I have opinions just like everyone else.. I just refuse to take the time to express them. My days are not well spent debating politics when I'm not in a position to actually change things. If I was the person making the rules the world would be a different place.

I'm clear on your point of view.. We are looking at that photo with two different mind sets. Yours is serious and mine is a photoshop joke. I don't want to talk politics and your don't see the humor if its a joke.

Peaches
04-15-2004, 08:54 AM
Every single country has bratty kids in adult sizes. This guy is no different. Was it in bad taste? Yes. Was it crass? Yes. Are there millions of people in this world who do things in bad taste and are crass? Yes.

It was a stupid joke done by a bratty adult and it's being blown out of proportion. :headwall:

masterp74
04-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Bishop@Apr 14 2004, 06:15 PM
quickie.. don't have time to do a good job.. haha

http://sinsells.com/photo.jpg
lol, that's funny :okthumb:

Turner
04-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Apr 14 2004, 01:48 PM

Here ya go Mike... :D

http://www.roguegaming.com/misc/lcpl11.jpg

?

Last edited by Turner at Apr 15 2004, 11:08 AM

Mike AI
04-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Turner+Apr 15 2004, 12:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Turner @ Apr 15 2004, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@Apr 14 2004, 01:48 PM

Here ya go Mike... :D

http://www.flatface.net/~thomas/lcpl11.jpg[/b][/quote]
Nothing is loading. :(

Turner
04-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Apr 15 2004, 10:24 AM
Nothing is loading. :(
That should do it... If I had the time, I'd put Buff in there too. :ph34r:

Mike AI
04-15-2004, 03:10 PM
That is funny!!

Good job Turner!!

Opti
04-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Um People.........

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=59682

I think this might be the actual original :biglaugh:

http://www.imagedump.com/pics/59682.jpg

Mike AI
04-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Yeah I read it had been photoshopped....

But who knows...

JFK
04-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Apr 15 2004, 12:28 PM
Yeah I read it had been photoshopped....

But who knows...
a couple of examples were just shown of how easily it could be done. I go with Photo shop :rolleyes: