04-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Apr 13 2004, 01:34 PM
my mother taught me since the days I was young,
when shit hits the fan,
keep it to yourself because
friends can't help you most of the times
and no need to make your enemies smile

but this si just me, whatta you do?
Pretty much the same thing. If if comes up in conversation with friends or family I'll sometimes bring it up. But unless it's something I really need to tell someone (i.e. when my son broke his arm, my divorce, etc.) I don't go out of my way to contact people to talk to them about it. I figure most of them have problems too. :awinky:

masterp74
04-13-2004, 01:44 PM
yep same here, i figured who would want to hear my problemsl, everyone has problems of sorts. Plus if I'm gonna down, i don't want to drag friends down with me.

pushpills
04-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Very situation specific.

If it's like car problem, breaking up with girlfriend, losing a little money on something, then i'd probably yack about it, this is the kind of stuff I talk about on boards.

If I had the big C-note or something, I doubt I'd mention it as a public post, probably to a couple people online though.

brand0n
04-13-2004, 01:48 PM
it depends

you have to remember, alot of people here are really fuckin bright, and have been through what ever you are going through. ofcourse you are inviting people into your life, and have to expect a twit to make twit comments. so, ofcourse you have to be prepared for that.

depends on whats going on really.

Bishop
04-13-2004, 01:54 PM
I just hate dirty laundry being aired in a public forum. I don't approve. I think most people would prefer to keep private matters - private.

JR
04-13-2004, 01:57 PM
i think personal life and business should always be seperated and kept apart. i rarely post anything in personal threads because it just makes me uncomfortable. i care, i just think its the wrong place to express personal feelings between people on highly personal and private issues.

dantheman
04-13-2004, 02:48 PM
I just clean the fan off and wait till the next time shit flys B)

sarettah
04-13-2004, 06:48 PM
I curl up in a fetal position and hide under my desk sucking my thumb until it blows over..... :blink:

Mike AI
04-13-2004, 07:31 PM
For the most part, webmaster boards are not the place for personal issues....

Jim
04-13-2004, 08:42 PM
I spend time with the wife and kids.....it has a way of keeping all the rest of the shit in perspective.