PDA

View Full Version : The Masters

Evil Chris
04-07-2004, 10:11 AM
I find it facinating how well pro golfers play. It's a tough game, and they make it look easy.

Will you be watching the Masters this week(end)? I am really hoping Mike Weir repeats but I won't get my hopes up too high.

brand0n
04-07-2004, 10:13 AM
i live in myrtle beach sc. we have more golf then anywhere i belive. you cant drive a block without hittin a course in any direction. with that in mind, i pretty much hate golf. dont get me wrong, ive made many a deal chasing a white ball around, but its just to much. ive got golf comming out of my ears.

so no, heh. i wont be watching.

Mike AI
04-07-2004, 10:14 AM
I never could get into golf, and watching in on TV is painful as well.

Forest
04-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Ill be watching

LOVE the masters tourney

Peaches
04-07-2004, 10:16 AM
It's sad when you live near it, can get a badge, and have ZERO interest in going. I can look outside and watch my grass grow and it's more exiting than watching a golf match to me. <_<

Evil Chris
04-07-2004, 10:19 AM
I understand those who find watching golf on TV to be boring.
If you don't have a genuine interest in the game, it would indeed be boring to watch.

But if you play with any regularity, and are trying to improve your game (as all golfers are), it's amazing to see what they do with a club and ball.

steves
04-07-2004, 10:23 AM
I'll be watching. Weir could repeat. The course is setup well for his game.

dantheman
04-07-2004, 10:31 AM
I'll watch it, pulling for my golfing hero, go Daly :rokk:

: )

TheEnforcer
04-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Yup, I'll be watching.

Corey
04-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Apr 7 2004, 06:27 AM
I understand those who find watching golf on TV to be boring.
If you don't have a genuine interest in the game, it would indeed be boring to watch.

But if you play with any regularity, and are trying to improve your game (as all golfers are), it's amazing to see what they do with a club and ball.
It's also amazing to see how these guys pick up their game for this tourney. And also watch a few fall apart. The pressure here is incredible, and it's drama equals the play.

mojobill
04-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Pure and simple.. The Masters is THE golf event of the year, for the die hard fan....

The course is always immaculate, and tough...

The players ALWAYS bring their 'A game'...

If you play, and especially if you've been into the game for a while, The Masters is an event you just can NOT miss... I have not missed one since the early 70's

;-)