PDA

View Full Version : Verotel Ticketclub

Squirt
04-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Just thought this was interesting.. the new "ticketclub" for sites that make less then $1000 a week with Verotel. They are making these people switch to the new system April 15th and gave notice today. Here is part of the notice ( Full notice here (http://www.verotel.com/new_ipsp.html) ) And yeah I do have some sites that make less then $1000 a week :) What do you guys think about the Ticketsclub program???

......VEROTEL TICKETSCLUB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting April 15th, all customers that have not been selected to become a Verotel Pro customer will be a Verotel Ticketsclub customer.

A couple of IMPORTANT changes are made in existing Verotel accounts:

Starting April 15th all subscribers on websites of Verotel Ticketsclub merchants should login to www.ticketsclub.com instead of the local 'members' entrance on the merchants website. This way Verotel can monitor exactly all (login) traffic to the member areas. Verotel and their acquiring banks want to gain more control over the content and over the subscribers looking at the content. The above solutions is a way to gain more control. In the period between April 15th and May 31st, Verotel will help all Verotel Ticketsclub merchants to link their members-area to www.ticketsclub.com. At June 1st all members buttons should be linked to www.ticketsclub.com. All subscribers will be monitored at www.ticketsclub.com starting June 1st. If a subscriber does not use its account on www.ticketsclub.com within 48 hours after its purchase, the subscription will be refunded.

Starting April 15th all new subscribers for your website will be guided through a brand-new signup procedure for Verotel Ticketsclub, where subscribers will purchase a usercode and passcode. Please note that it will also still be possible to use the Verotel Phone 1-900 US and Phone 1-900 EU Service at Verotel.

There will be a fixed fee of 14.5% for all credit card, US Check en Direct Debit EU transactions per April 15th 2004. There will be a surcharge of 1.5% for all recurring transactions. All other surcharges or discounts will not apply anymore for Verotel Ticketsclub merchants. Discounted rates are available in the Verotel Pro program (see above).

There is no signup fee, monthly fee or annual fee for Verotel Ticketsclub customers.

A new 'website profile' should be registered by all Verotel Ticketsclub merchants in the Verotel Control Center. This can be done in the period of April 15th to May 31st. Verotels Merchant Support department can assist all Verotel Ticketsclub merchants with this. This website profile should contain, in detail, what is sold or shown on your website and in your members area.
If a Verotel Ticketsclub customer elects to use the Verotel Reseller program, then Verotel itself, as a company, should be able to resell your content as well.
All Verotel Ticketsclub merchants should allow Verotel to use the user database of their endusers if the user's last purchase was more then two months ago. Verotel never sells any user- or email lists, but this information is used to remarket endusers with similar websites that fit in the user/website profile

mojobill
04-01-2004, 05:58 PM
This way Verotel can monitor exactly all (login) traffic to the member areas. Verotel and their acquiring banks want to gain more control over the content and over the subscribers looking at the content.

And it's their business WHAT * MY * customer's do and when they do it, because????

Squirt
04-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by fatbaby@Apr 1 2004, 03:06 PM
This way Verotel can monitor exactly all (login) traffic to the member areas. Verotel and their acquiring banks want to gain more control over the content and over the subscribers looking at the content.

And it's their business WHAT * MY * customer's do and when they do it, because????
Because not only are they increasing their profit by uping their rate from around 7% to 14.5& .. they also want to increase profit by marketing your subscribers! And it's ALL about profit, if it wasn't, then I'd get a commission for all of my subscribers that were upsold to other "ticketclub" sites.

Brilliant move Verotel!

Seems Visa is going to get its way... everyone will have their own merchant accounts OR go through CCBill. We're all being put into a little box and what for? So they can shoot us?

mojobill
04-01-2004, 06:15 PM
# All Verotel Ticketsclub merchants should allow Verotel to use the user database of their endusers if the user's last purchase was more then two months ago. Verotel never sells any user- or email lists, but this information is used to remarket endusers with similar websites that fit in the user/website profile

This quote from their site just had me rolling.....

It basically says... after two months.. all of your customers belong to us! LOL

Shoplifter
04-02-2004, 01:07 AM
It's not sites under $1k, it's webmasters with total sites sales under $1k.

montel
04-02-2004, 01:41 AM
no big deal, wont make so much difference i dont think

pushpills
04-02-2004, 01:50 AM
so what was it before like 11 percent right?

verotel customers know they are paying a premium.

JR
04-02-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@Apr 1 2004, 10:58 PM

that couple extra % per transaction, would be enough to make your Camaro unaffordable.

:(

pushpills
04-02-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by JR+Apr 1 2004, 11:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JR @ Apr 1 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pushpills@Apr 1 2004, 10:58 PM

that couple extra % per transaction, would be enough to make your Camaro unaffordable.

:([/b][/quote]
I'm saying....that these people should shop it

there are several other top-notch proseccors that should be able to take care of your small site for under 11 percent OR 15 percent.

Mike AI
04-02-2004, 10:23 AM
I would never work with verotel, anytime I run accross a shady site invovling KP, or other illegal things, a majority of the time they are processed with verotel.

DrGuile
04-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Apr 2 2004, 10:31 AM
I would never work with verotel, anytime I run accross a shady site invovling KP, or other illegal things, a majority of the time they are processed with verotel.
lol, dont you say the same thing about ccbill?

Mike AI
04-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile+Apr 2 2004, 01:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ Apr 2 2004, 01:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@Apr 2 2004, 10:31 AM
lol, dont you say the same thing about ccbill?[/b][/quote]
Verotel is much worse then CCBill ever was....