PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Opec

OldJeff
03-31-2004, 01:39 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/31/news/inter...dex.htm?cnn=yes (http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/31/news/international/opec.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes)

OK, why don't we just open the wells in Iraq and flood the market, see how ell they do when oil drops to the price of sand.

MikeFold
03-31-2004, 06:52 PM
OJ....

The old guard is going to see this backfire....
mark my words......

OPEC is going the way of most labor unions......

Much to my delight, free market and greed will cause the OPEC bubble to burst, much as it did last time (only it was extremely downplayed)

There are too many countries that will step it up....

PenetratinP
03-31-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by OldJeff@Mar 31 2004, 10:47 AM

OK, why don't we just open the wells in Iraq and flood the market, see how ell they do when oil drops to the price of sand.
That would be nice..........my car requires premium because of the supercharger and these gas prices are sucking me dry.

:headwall:

Mike AI
03-31-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by MikeFold@Mar 31 2004, 07:00 PM
OJ....

The old guard is going to see this backfire....
mark my words......

OPEC is going the way of most labor unions......

Much to my delight, free market and greed will cause the OPEC bubble to burst, much as it did last time (only it was extremely downplayed)

There are too many countries that will step it up....
I agree with you Mike!

As far as pumping out Iraqi oil, they are working feverishly to get the equipment into country and working... the sooner the better.

JR
03-31-2004, 07:25 PM
Pretty good move by a bunch of people who are not happy with Bush and have little influence on his global policies. They can't go the route of the 70's because it would mean self destruction... but they can put a little heat on Bush and its working. Combine high gas prices, with outsourcing, with tax cuts to the rich, with lost jobs and you are touching the majority of voters in a very personal way.

I bet we will be hearing a lot about gas prices in November.

Vote Democrat 04'

:rokk:

*KK*
03-31-2004, 07:53 PM
If we're going after OPEC, Mexico City is first on my list of bombing targets. Doesn't seem quite kosher to me that they get the benefits of both OPEC and NAFTA...

Winetalk.com
04-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by *KK*@Mar 31 2004, 08:01 PM
If we're going after OPEC, Mexico City is first on my list of bombing targets. Doesn't seem quite kosher to me that they get the benefits of both OPEC and NAFTA...
KK, there is something wrong with Mexican president..
Fox...what kind of Spanish name is that?????
;-))))