PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for Americans

Winetalk.com
03-30-2004, 02:34 AM
I talk a lot to people on the street, mostly Londeners and..never ever ANYBODY asked me once what I just said or misunderstood me.

I suspect the reason behind it is..
I speak King's English,
Americans have problems understanding me for this reason.

Meat disagrees, he asks me from time to time what I have said, but...he is kiwi, whatta they know?
;-)))))

Trev
03-30-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Mar 30 2004, 09:42 AM
he is kiwi, whatta they know?
;-)))))
Sheep love :blink:

Peaches
03-30-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Mar 30 2004, 03:42 AM
I talk a lot to people on the street, mostly Londeners and..never ever ANYBODY asked me once what I just said or misunderstood me.
They were just guessing and going with that guess. :P

Torone
03-30-2004, 08:45 AM
A larger problem...

Tax his land, tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.
Tax his tractor, tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.
Tax his cow, tax his goat,
Tax his pants, tax his coat.
Tax his ties, tax his shirts,
Tax his work, tax his dirt.
Tax his chew, tax his smoke,
Teach him taxes are no joke.
Tax his car, tax his ass
Tax the roads he must pass.
Tax his tobacco, tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.
Tax his booze, tax his beers,
If he cries, tax his tears.
Tax his bills, tax his gas,
Tax his notes, tax his cash.
Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.
If he hollers, tax him more,
Tax him until he's good and sore.
Tax his coffin, tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.
Put these words upon his tomb,
"Taxes drove me to my doom!"
And when he's gone, we won't relax,
We'll still be after the inheritance TAX!

dantheman
03-30-2004, 08:48 AM
I just talked to aga, he said you were behaving yourself and that everything was going good. I know what on the itinary for tomorrow, hope your ready

; )))

Winetalk.com
03-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by dantheman@Mar 30 2004, 08:56 AM
I just talked to aga, he said you were behaving yourself and that everything was going good. I know what on the itinary for tomorrow, hope your ready

; )))
dan, i am more ready than your servers...i hate calls in the middle of the nite that they were dead
;_)))))

dantheman
03-30-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Mar 30 2004, 09:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Mar 30 2004, 09:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dantheman@Mar 30 2004, 08:56 AM

; )))
dan, i am more ready than your servers...i hate calls in the middle of the nite that they were dead
;_)))))[/b][/quote]
yeah I dont like calls in the middle of the night unless there booty calls, Aga knows me and our service. He was with us in the beginning and he'll be with us for the future. Anytime you have a problem that's a opportunity to make things even better, and that's always been one of the goals of m3server.com to get even better.
Over 7 years of hosting and you wont find many problems or complaints in those 7 years. BUT it is a network and sometimes things happen to networks that you have to fix and make better. WE have : ))))

cheers :stout:

Winetalk.com
03-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by dantheman+Mar 30 2004, 09:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dantheman @ Mar 30 2004, 09:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Mar 30 2004, 09:00 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--dantheman@Mar 30 2004, 08:56 AM

; )))
;_)))))
yeah I dont like calls in the middle of the night unless there booty calls, Aga knows me and our service. He was with us in the beginning and he'll be with us for the future. Anytime you have a problem that's a opportunity to make things even better, and that's always been one of the goals of m3server.com to get even better.
Over 7 years of hosting and you wont find many problems or complaints in those 7 years. BUT it is a network and sometimes things happen to networks that you have to fix and make better. WE have : ))))

cheers :stout:[/b][/quote]
sure, it wasn't aga who was awaken in the middle of the nite, it wasn't aga who had to watch nekkid meat running downstairs with phone in one hand and dick in another
#;-)))

dantheman
03-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Mar 30 2004, 09:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Mar 30 2004, 09:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -dantheman@Mar 30 2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Mar 30 2004, 09:00 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--dantheman@Mar 30 2004, 08:56 AM

; )))
;_)))))

cheers :stout:
sure, it wasn't aga who was awaken in the middle of the nite, it wasn't aga who had to watch nekkid meat running downstairs with phone in one hand and dick in another
#;-)))[/b][/quote]
I'm sorry that you had to witness that

: )))

Mike AI
03-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Serge, the question is which King?

Winetalk.com
03-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 30 2004, 10:03 AM
I think Mel Brooks....

remember his,
It's nice to be a King?
;-))))

Mike AI
03-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Mar 30 2004, 10:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Mar 30 2004, 10:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@Mar 30 2004, 10:03 AM
I think Mel Brooks....

remember his,
It's nice to be a King?
;-))))[/b][/quote]

Hump or die, Hump or die, Hump or die, Hump or die!!

It's good to be the king!

One of my all time favorite movies!

Uri
03-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Mar 30 2004, 10:42 AM

I speak King's English,

Meat disagrees, he asks me from time to time what I have said, but...he is kiwi, whatta they know?
;-)))))
It's too bad that most Americans can only speak one language and most of them can't speak that well. In the Middle East and Europe, most people speak at least 3 languages and a lot of people on this side of the world speak as many as 6 or 7 languages without any problems.

Uri

Peaches
03-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Uri@Mar 30 2004, 12:22 PM
It's too bad that most Americans can only speak one language and most of them can't speak that well. In the Middle East and Europe, most people speak at least 3 languages and a lot of people on this side of the world speak as many as 6 or 7 languages without any problems.

Uri
I agree. :(

And "teaching" it doesn't seem to help. I took 2 years of French and 3 years of Spanish and can't speak, read or understand much of either. :(
But I could conjugate verbs, which seemed to the crux of the lessons. :unsure:

Mike AI
03-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Uri+Mar 30 2004, 11:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uri @ Mar 30 2004, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Mar 30 2004, 10:42 AM

I speak King's English,

;-)))))

Uri[/b][/quote]

I know most Europeans speak multible languages, but what percentage of the middle east ( not including Israel) speak more then one language?

Vick
03-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Actually there is a Serge decoder .......

..... share a bottle of Vodka with Serge and his English and your understanding of it become crystal clear :awinky:

el pres
03-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Mar 30 2004, 11:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Mar 30 2004, 11:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Uri@Mar 30 2004, 11:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Mar 30 2004, 10:42 AM

I speak King's English,

;-)))))

Uri

I know most Europeans speak multible languages, but what percentage of the middle east ( not including Israel) speak more then one language?[/b][/quote]
Of the higher classes and the ones who could afford to be educated for more than a few years quite a high % can speak English or French,
depending on the country.

The Northern Europeans may be good with languages, *apart from the English, cause they make you learn fucking French at school*

The Southern Euro countries not so good though, in Spain you probably only find about 5% of the people can hold a conversation in English or French.

Italy is split, in the north you will find a much higher % speaking English, German and French than the south.

France, the fuckers just dont want to speak any other lang even if they can,
although lastime I was there they were more polite and tried to speak a bit of English.

Dravyk
03-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 30 2004, 10:03 AM
I always suspected it was Rodney King. :D

Kt Doodles
03-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Peaches I am with you...I have taken both french and spanish for a number of years and though I know particular words and conjugations...when I finally DO get in a speaking situation....i am not practiced enough,.

I wonder if europeans can speak so many languages cause they are so close to other countries.

the best practice is to speak it..but how often to americans get to speak french?? Seeing as we are so far away from france???

So it seems that sometimes being a big country has its faults..... ;-)

or then again....well...nevermind.

Uri
03-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Mar 30 2004, 07:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Mar 30 2004, 07:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Uri@Mar 30 2004, 11:22 AM

I speak King's English,

;-)))))

Uri

I know most Europeans speak multible languages, but what percentage of the middle east ( not including Israel) speak more then one language?[/b][/quote]
Most of the Arab's can speak more than just Arabic. I was in the West Bank almost every day while I was in the IDF. Most of the Palestinians can speak Arabic, Hebrew, French and a few can speak Greak. Their is alot that have traveled and lived in other countries and because of that they can also speak more languages. .

The very poor arab's can only speak Arabic and most of them can't read Arabic.

While I was in Turkey, I met a fellow that was from Syria that spoke 12 languages perfect. He spoke to me in Arabic, Hebrew, English, French and Spanish. I could a understand him a little in one or two of the other languages to know he knew what he was talking about.

We talked for hours while waiting for our airplanes.

Uri

Uri
03-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by el pres+Mar 30 2004, 08:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (el pres @ Mar 30 2004, 08:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Mike AI@Mar 30 2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by -Uri@Mar 30 2004, 11:22 AM

I speak King's English,

;-)))))

Uri

I know most Europeans speak multible languages, but what percentage of the middle east ( not including Israel) speak more then one language?
Of the higher classes and the ones who could afford to be educated for more than a few years quite a high % can speak English or French,
depending on the country.

The Northern Europeans may be good with languages, *apart from the English, cause they make you learn fucking French at school*

The Southern Euro countries not so good though, in Spain you probably only find about 5% of the people can hold a conversation in English or French.

Italy is split, in the north you will find a much higher % speaking English, German and French than the south.

France, the fuckers just dont want to speak any other lang even if they can,
although lastime I was there they were more polite and tried to speak a bit of English.[/b][/quote]
That is funny. The French only want to speak French and that is true, but they are taught at least 3 languages in school.

Here in Israel, when I was in school, I was taught Hebrew, English and Arabic. In the IDF, I was also taught Spanish and Greak. (Those languages are big in the West Bank)

Since we have such a large Russian citizenship here in Israel, the schools are now teaching Russian to everyone.

Uri