PDA

View Full Version : 4 hours till wedding!

Mike AI
03-27-2004, 03:35 PM
At the villa where Noah is getting married. Just got in to my tux... The villa is awesome, 14,000 sq ft on the ocean, great views, Serge I think we should retire here.

In a few hours the infamous Noah will no longer be a bachlor....

I have taken some great photos, will post them last in the week when I get back!

Dominican Republic is definately a 3rd world country... very difficult place to pull off a huge wedding like this...

They should have made this wedding a reality show on MTV.

Luke if you read this, I hope you are feeding my dogs!!

Peaches
03-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 27 2004, 04:43 PM
Luke if you read this, I hope you are feeding my dogs!!
I take it Buff is no longer allowed to housesit? :P

Winetalk.com
03-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Mike, I don#t wanna retire...traveling is a hard job but somebody gotta do it#;-0)))

my kisses to bride and Noah!

sextoyking
03-28-2004, 02:21 AM
Mike,

Enjoy the weather.

I was there 2 yrs. ago for 10 days and had a blast. Resort was nice, scuba diving, etc.

But when we went into Santa Domingo, you could tell it was 3 rd world. Nice people though :)

Sharpie
03-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Geesh, I met Noah in Vegas (think maybe Grimm at the same time) in 1999. I was in Vegas by myself & they let me ride around in their Limo with them. Think I crampted their style at the Strip Club though..... Really nice guy. Have missed running into him at conventions, and getting my hug!

CONGRATULATIONS..................

Billy
03-28-2004, 12:55 PM
I am sad I am missing this : (

Mike AI
03-29-2004, 09:54 AM
I have some great photos, I will get them online today when I have some time!

Todd you are right about the Domincan people, they are very nice.... I like them much better then the locals in Mexico ( at least ones I have dealt with in tourist locations) - they are very low key.

sextoyking
03-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Mike,

Glad you had a great time.

They sure are nice low key people in DR. Was one of the best 10 days I ever had on vacation.

At the resort we stayed at, about 50 miles or so away from SD. it was so dang laid back and beautiful. They waited on us hand and foot. I sure tipped those people very good.

Scuba Diving is some of the best you can find in that area. Will have to go back there someday..

Mike AI
03-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by sextoyking@Mar 29 2004, 03:07 PM
Mike,

Glad you had a great time.

They sure are nice low key people in DR. Was one of the best 10 days I ever had on vacation.

At the resort we stayed at, about 50 miles or so away from SD. it was so dang laid back and beautiful. They waited on us hand and foot. I sure tipped those people very good.

Scuba Diving is some of the best you can find in that area. Will have to go back there someday..
We were in the sticks as well.... over 150 miles from the nearest city, and it was a small one at that.

I will find some time and get some photos up.

Peaches
03-29-2004, 03:12 PM
This is sounding more and more like my idea of a vacation spot! :)

What's the weather like? Humidity? $$$?

sextoyking
03-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Peaches,

We went in early June and it was in the middle 80's or so most every day.

Perfect weather, not too hot and not too cold.

I think the deal I got from American Airlines was 3 roundtrip tickets from Portland, 10 days all inclusive resort, i.e. meals, drinks, etc For around 4k

Of course from Atlanta it would be much cheaper since you are closer by air.

Peaches
03-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by sextoyking@Mar 29 2004, 05:20 PM
Of course from Atlanta it would be much cheaper since you are closer by air.
Yeah, but Delta so owns us :(

Once I get closer to being able to GO on a vacation (it's been 1.5 years now :( ), I'll start getting specifics from you guys - sounds like a great place! :)

Now that I think about it...is the DR where they had the US base that they ended up closing due to complaints? If so, one of my best friends went down there a couple of years ago for 10 days. They spent 3-4 days near that area I think? She said they had to take a boat wherever they went and there was NO one on the island except the people who came over with them and the workers. I'll find out exactly what it was called. :)