PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

JR
03-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Jim Carrey both rose and fell with Ace Ventura. (although i kinda liked Liar Liar)

Peaches
03-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Could you translate for me? Did you like it or not? :unsure:

JR
03-26-2004, 12:15 AM
he is like one of those bands that had a hit song... then after they are famous they decide to release an album that "is a little more true to who we are" and it sucks completely, does not sound like them and no one cares because they want the pop music.

Peaches
03-26-2004, 12:17 AM
I'm going to take that as a "no". :P

Personally, I think I've liked all his movies except the Ace ones and Cable Guy. :okthumb:

I just watched Lost in Translation. While I liked the movie, I didn't see it as Oscar material. :unsure:

JR
03-26-2004, 12:22 AM
Lost in translation was a good movie. I bought the DVD. Slightly over rated in my opinion. Definately a bad movie for someone expecting Bill Murray to be Bill Murray.

Carrie
03-26-2004, 12:25 AM
I particularly like the outtakes of Liar Liar when the female attorney actress screams something like "OVERACTOR!" at Jim.
His schtick has always been exagerration, but it gets old. He needs to try something new.

Almighty Colin
03-26-2004, 05:40 AM
I saw it too. I thought it was a good story but not a good movie.

JohnV
03-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Mar 25 2004, 09:25 PM

Personally, I think I've liked all his movies except the Ace ones and Cable Guy. :okthumb:

I just watched Lost in Translation. While I liked the movie, I didn't see it as Oscar material. :unsure:
Peaches,

I agree with you on all counts regarding your thoughts on the above quotes. Your pretty big into movies eh?

BTW, are we going to get to see you in Phoenix next week?

Peaches
03-26-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by JohnV+Mar 26 2004, 01:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JohnV @ Mar 26 2004, 01:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Mar 25 2004, 09:25 PM

Peaches,

I agree with you on all counts regarding your thoughts on the above quotes. Your pretty big into movies eh?

BTW, are we going to get to see you in Phoenix next week?[/b][/quote]
Reading, TV and movies - we have to find SOMETHING to do in the woods :)

No Phoenix for me. The kid is leaving for BMT on 4/13 and I'm doing the "Mother Smother" until then. :P

dig420
03-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Cable Guy was underrated imho, Carrey managed to be funny and menacing at the same time. Not easy to do.

Dumb and Dumber - best movie to watch stoned in the history of the world. A classic. I love it.

Ace Ventura - excellent, of course, even the sequel.

Liar Liar and that movie where he was a schitzo are both watchable funny movies, and the movie where he was God was pretty good too. None of them are whoopi goldberg level bad movies.

I just watched ESOTSM in the theater, and I was moved by it. I thought it was an EXCELLENT movie, maybe his best.

DrGuile
03-26-2004, 01:39 PM
I actually enjoyed Cable Guy

everything else he does seems to be exactly the same role.

havent seen ESOTSM yet. seems slightly different

SykkBoy
03-26-2004, 02:02 PM
I haven't seen the movie yet, but have read the screenplay and loved it, so hopefully will enjoy the movie (though it's a bit spoiled for me now).

Charlie Kaufman is a warped genius...one of the better screenwriters in Hollywood today.