PDA

View Full Version : This is a great idea

Almighty Colin
03-24-2004, 07:44 AM
Mar 23, 2004 - In yet another indication that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are determined to upgrade every aspect of the organization, the team will take an unprecedented approach to selecting its cheerleading squad in 2004.

The Buccaneers have announced a unique partnership with the Wilhelmina Modeling Agency, teaming up with the world-renowned talent outfit to conduct the search and selection of the 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders. The goal is to produce the most appealing squad in the NFL.

This partnership marks the first of its kind in the NFL. Wilhelmina agents will be selecting the squad, which entertains the crowds at all Buccaneers home games and also makes routine appearances at community and corporate functions.

Buff
03-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Isn't Wilhelmina the one that was involved in that huge scam a couple of years ago?

Mike AI
03-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Mar 24 2004, 07:52 AM
Mar 23, 2004 - In yet another indication that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are determined to upgrade every aspect of the organization, the team will take an unprecedented approach to selecting its cheerleading squad in 2004.

The Buccaneers have announced a unique partnership with the Wilhelmina Modeling Agency, teaming up with the world-renowned talent outfit to conduct the search and selection of the 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders. The goal is to produce the most appealing squad in the NFL.

This partnership marks the first of its kind in the NFL. Wilhelmina agents will be selecting the squad, which entertains the crowds at all Buccaneers home games and also makes routine appearances at community and corporate functions.

This is outstanding!!

I keep telling everyone Tampa is great!!

Thing is, I would say the Tampa cheerleaders were already some of the hottest in the NFL.... they will only get better now!!

Maybe we can have special uniforms designed by Victoria's Secret!!

TheEnforcer
03-24-2004, 09:13 AM
You guys won't even make the playoffs this year.

:nyanya:

Mike AI
03-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Mar 24 2004, 09:21 AM
You guys won't even make the playoffs this year.

:nyanya:

When you say "you guys" does this mean Tampa or New Orleans?

I may live in Tampa now, but I am cursed for the rest of my life being a Saints fan.

Meni
03-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Mar 24 2004, 08:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Mar 24 2004, 08:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Colin@Mar 24 2004, 07:52 AM

This is outstanding!!

Thing is, I would say the Tampa cheerleaders were already some of the hottest in the NFL.... they will only get better now!!

Maybe we can have special uniforms designed by Victoria's Secret!![/b][/quote]
Mike can you check this out this season
I heard the custom is after the Buc's game to hit the Mons
the Mons is about as big as my apt
Is it a mob scene post game?

Mike AI
03-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Meni+Mar 24 2004, 11:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Meni @ Mar 24 2004, 11:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Mike AI@Mar 24 2004, 08:56 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Colin@Mar 24 2004, 07:52 AM

This is outstanding!!

Maybe we can have special uniforms designed by Victoria's Secret!!
Mike can you check this out this season
I heard the custom is after the Buc's game to hit the Mons
the Mons is about as big as my apt
Is it a mob scene post game?[/b][/quote]
I know Mons is the place to go after games - but you are correct it is tiny, so I am sure its is slammed (at least after wins). I try to avoid Mons during crowds... after games, weekend nights,etc...

Vick
03-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Mar 24 2004, 07:52 AM
Mar 23, 2004 - In yet another indication that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are determined to upgrade every aspect of the organization
Hmmm....and that is accomplished by letting K. Johnson and Sapp go???

While I might not care for K. Johnson's antics or some of what Sapp says/does there is no denying they are talented

Losing K. Johnson could improve the team, at least locker room wise but ......

Mike AI
03-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Vick+Mar 24 2004, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Mar 24 2004, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Colin@Mar 24 2004, 07:52 AM
Mar 23, 2004 - In yet another indication that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are determined to upgrade every aspect of the organization
Hmmm....and that is accomplished by letting K. Johnson and Sapp go???

While I might not care for K. Johnson's antics or some of what Sapp says/does there is no denying they are talented

Losing K. Johnson could improve the team, at least locker room wise but ......[/b][/quote]
Keyshaun was disliked by everyone in Tampa.

He had a big reaturant, that I heard had good food - but no one went to it because they thought Keyshaun was an asshole. Even after winning superbowl he could not keep it filled. So it is going out of business.

Sapp, definately the heart of the defense, but Tampa could not afford to keep him at his level of production. Tampa has a lot of young D linemen.

I think Gruden is going to finally put his mark on the Bucs... Gruden is a good coach, time will tell if he at player evaluation. ( this is a short coming many coaches have....)

Vick
03-24-2004, 12:09 PM
Yes we'll see
I expect the Bucs to be a winning organization, last year was a shock

I think Gruden is a great coach

Player evaluation is something the Raven's excel at, Ozzie Newsome is one of the most important people is the league and the Raven's MVP (most valuable person)

Meni
03-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Guys
Teams have learned from the Patriots

We let Lawyer Milloy go
we got crushed game 1 last season
the fans wanted to kill Bill
see what happened

players go to pro bowl
teams win championships

ty law crying now for more money
bye bye ty
you will be replaced and we will go on with out you
anthone smith? bye, we ain't giving you $500K bonus due
every player is replaceable
we have the best personel guy in the biz

Carrie
03-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Well I hope the modeling agency has the brains to bring in a couple of choreographers and dance instructors to help them evaluate the models. This isn't just standing there holding a pose for 30 seconds and looking pretty... it's a lot of work. You've gotta know how to dance or at least cheer (close but not the same) and have a good sense of rythm... which many people just DON'T have, strangely enough.

I think a better (and cheaper) idea would've just been to hire the best-looking Tampa Hooter's girls and do a joint co-branding. They could make TONS of money off of that together. "After the game, join our girls at Hooters!!" And suck a percentage of what people spend, rather than letting the fans go filtering off to all of their many local pubs.

Meni
03-24-2004, 01:10 PM
I think Tampa is sold on
after the game
get grinded hardcore
the lap dance capital of the US

I agree, cheerleading is more dance ability
that most models can handle

Carrie
03-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Hehe Meni, there's another idea - hire the local strippers!
"After the game, get a lapdance from your favorite Bucs cheerleader!"

Uhh, on second thought, that's not very family-friendly... :P
(What movie was it with Keanu Reeves where their cheerleading squad was strippers? The Replacements I think?)

Meni
03-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Yeah thats the movie

that chick who keanu liked
she was niki in Swingers
the famouse answering machine message call
a classic