PDA

View Full Version : Greenguy and Jim on the Air ?

sarettah
03-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Just got an email saying that Greenguy is starting a radio show at 8 eastern tonight.

Isn't that kind of them to decide to do it the same night as Oprano Radio ??

:blink:

Peaches
03-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Live every Tuesday from 8-9 pm EST (Tonight)

Opranoradio starts at 9 EST :)

Edited to add: the first part is from the email from GG&J. :awinky:

Last edited by Peaches at Mar 23 2004, 07:34 PM

kath
03-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Actually... they've been doing this radio show for quite some time now... I think they got started before the holidays if memory serves - November I think. Same time/same night since day #1 too.

Tuesday must just be a good night for radio or something. :yowsa:

gonzo
03-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Mar 23 2004, 06:31 PM
Just got an email saying that Greenguy is starting a radio show at 8 eastern tonight.

Isn't that kind of them to decide to do it the same night as Oprano Radio ??

:blink:
Yes they were doing a Tuesday night show for quite some time now.
Ive been over there a few times and listened.

The only rationale for our time and day is that it fit into Ms. Purve's busy schedule. Remember she aint been out of bed too long when she goes live.

Vick
03-23-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 23 2004, 07:01 PM
The only rationale for our time and day is that it fit into Ms. Purve's busy schedule. Remember she aint been out of bed too long when she goes live.
Maybe she can do Oprano radio from her bed :groucho:

sarettah
03-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Vick+Mar 23 2004, 07:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Mar 23 2004, 07:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gonzo@Mar 23 2004, 07:01 PM
Maybe she can do Oprano radio from her bed :groucho:[/b][/quote]
CJ does shows in bed ?????

cool...

but she culd probably make more by putting them on video instead of radio... :yowsa:

I did not know thatr Greenguy and Jim already had a radio show...

My bad....

cj
03-23-2004, 07:52 PM
yes Sar, it was actually us who decided to overtake Tuesday nights ;-)

we had about 70 listeners last week ... isn't the record 150 listeners for serge's interview with larry flint?

its not our fault if our show is perfectly timed to pick up the audience leaving another radio show :rolleyes:

NO i don't do shows from bed and YES i am awake! The show is noon my time so I have time to wake up, catch up on the board, eat breakfast, listen to the competition & play a few funky tunes to get me in the mood.

Today its theme songs from sister act 1 & 2, the little mermaid and the lion king :agrin:

sarettah
03-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 23 2004, 08:00 PM
Today its theme songs from sister act 1 & 2, the little mermaid and the lion king :agrin:
Oh gawd...you really are a sicko, ya know that..... :nyanya:

cj
03-23-2004, 08:07 PM
and now its tina turner ;-)

some boys got lips ya can't help kissing mwah mwah mwah
some guys got a smile ya cant resist mmmmmmmmmm

gonzo
03-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Mar 23 2004, 07:49 PM

but she culd probably make more by putting them on video instead of radio... :yowsa:

Theres that Jedi mind trick working again...

cj
03-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Mar 23 2004, 08:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Mar 23 2004, 08:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--sarettah@Mar 23 2004, 07:49 PM

Theres that Jedi mind trick working again...[/b][/quote]
maybe we could do ...... oops, never mind :ph34r:

:groucho:

Peaches
03-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 23 2004, 09:00 PM
isn't the record 150 listeners for serge's interview with larry flint?
Those people just tuned in to see my expert typing abilities. B)

sharky
03-23-2004, 11:19 PM
Props to everyone successfully doing adult internet radio.

It's a pain in the ass, I would know!

:-)

cj
03-23-2004, 11:29 PM
sharky, it may have been a pain in your ass but you are still the original internet radio legend IMO. Your show is the only one I miss listening to, and you always treated it with professionalism unlike many of the shows on air today.

I was disappointed when your show ended its long long run ... want to reminisc with us on air sometime? i think you could teach us both a LOT ;-)

gonzo
03-24-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 23 2004, 11:37 PM
sharky, it may have been a pain in your ass but you are still the original internet radio legend IMO. Your show is the only one I miss listening to, and you always treated it with professionalism unlike many of the shows on air today.

I was disappointed when your show ended its long long run ... want to reminisc with us on air sometime? i think you could teach us both a LOT ;-)
Reckon Sharky would join in with us?
Honestly I never tuned in. In them early days I didnt pay much attention to a lot of the net radio. Maybe we could hear how things have changed since Sharky was breaking some ground.

For instance I got an ICQ asking why we wait so late to post the topic and the guest. To be honest there are 2 reasons. [besides the fact that I'm a newbie to doing all this...just ask Forest!]

1. The guests frequently flake out on you.
I remember once I had a text chat running and a script programmer was the main guest. At the time it was a BIG new script and everyone was interested in hearing about it. This "guest" fucking exited the chat room becasue people were asking him about his script? 3 minutes later one of the people attending told me the fucker was over on Maxcash Live...so you know me...I took my ass over there and asked him right in the middle of the chat what kind of FUCK leaves a chat hes supposed to be doing biz on to go to another one. He said he wasnt interested in discussing his script so he figured hed go socialize. My how things change as earlier this week the same programmer was offering to do some work for me real cheap. So guests do flake out when you least expect it.

2. A lot of the time I dont have a clue as to what we are going to talk about. Why?

We try to bring something that is fresh and new and impacts your business along with a mix of current events.

How many other programs give you a true point/counterpoint perspective?
We showcase the female perspective on this business which is a lot of time glossed over. If youve listened you will notice that CJ does her share of talking....its not me concerned with stepping on the delay. Its more of an effort to see what her take on things are. And shes not shy not to mention shes proven that she knows what shes talking about.

What other program encourages the promotion of non US events and industry news? None! You think we have Visa problems in the state? How many times have you heard Evil Chris and the Canada crew complain about a less than equal playing field? Its a valid complaint.

And yeah we do a little socializing and networking while we are on the air. I think its part of building the community.

What we dont want is a backslapping lovefest about why we all are the greatest. We this to be about the real issues.

So Sharky I would appreciate you listening to what we are trying to do and come on sometime and tell us what you think.

cj
03-24-2004, 07:09 AM
>If youve listened you will notice that CJ does her share of talking

is that a dig at the fact that i couldn't shutup today?!?!?

it was the sister act music ... i promise i won't do it next week & interupt our special guest ;-)

gonzo
03-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 24 2004, 07:17 AM
>If youve listened you will notice that CJ does her share of talking

is that a dig at the fact that i couldn't shutup today?!?!?

it was the sister act music ... i promise i won't do it next week & interupt our special guest ;-)
He told me last night he was looking forward to hearing your singing.

Vick
03-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 23 2004, 08:00 PM
NO i don't do shows from bed and .....
thanks, another perfectly good fantasy ruined <_<