PDA

View Full Version : Kerry on the campaign trail

Almighty Colin
03-11-2004, 05:44 AM
John Kerry's unintended-to-be-heard comments yesterday before AFL-CIO union leaders have drawn a little fire. After he finishes his address, the microphone picked up the following line from a private conversation;

"Oh yeah, don't worry, man. We're going to keep pounding, let me tell you -- we're just beginning to fight here. These guys are the most crooked, you know, lying group of people I've ever seen."

The Republicans were quick to capitalize demanding an apology and labelling the comments unbecoming for a presidential candidate.

The Kerry campaign fired back and said that Kerry knew his microphone was on and that he was referring not to Bush but to Republicans who have launched "crooked, deceitful, personal attacks over the last four years."

I love politics.

Winetalk.com
03-11-2004, 06:39 AM
hmmm...if I was him,
I'd say I was taling about Aristid and Al Queda
;-))

pushpills
03-11-2004, 06:43 AM
I remember Bush referring to someone as a "Major league asshole" with the mic on during his visit to my hometown of Naperville last campaign.

Now I really am going to sleep, had to finish up one flew over the cookus nest. Didn't realize till the credits that Mr. Martini was Danny Devito.

Almighty Colin
03-11-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@Mar 11 2004, 06:51 AM
Now I really am going to sleep, had to finish up one flew over the cookus nest. Didn't realize till the credits that Mr. Martini was Danny Devito.
One of my favorite movies of all time.

Buff
03-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@Mar 11 2004, 05:51 AM
I remember Bush referring to someone as a "Major league asshole" with the mic on during his visit to my hometown of Naperville last campaign.

Yeah, he told that to Cheney about some reporter. I forget who.

Almighty Colin
03-11-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Buff+Mar 11 2004, 07:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buff @ Mar 11 2004, 07:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pushpills@Mar 11 2004, 05:51 AM

Yeah, he told that to Cheney about some reporter. I forget who.[/b][/quote]
I would have guessed Barry Bonds.

TheEnforcer
03-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Buff+Mar 11 2004, 07:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buff @ Mar 11 2004, 07:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pushpills@Mar 11 2004, 05:51 AM

Yeah, he told that to Cheney about some reporter. I forget who.[/b][/quote]
I do believe it was Adam Clymer.