PDA

View Full Version : Oprano Radio goes live again 9pm EST

gonzo
03-09-2004, 03:53 PM
You ever hear of a Mardi Gras in Sydney?
CJ just got back from partying her ass off over the weekend and promises she has lots to talk about tonight.

We've got the debut of the FUCK YOU line. Get your late entries in now.

A new feature courtesy of Taboo Revenue on some new programs that have popped up that you may want to sign up for.

A little board recap and discussion as well as the pearls and morons of the week. Which we are taking nominees for now as well as over the FUCK YOU line as well.

Plus we announce an offer so fucking insane that you will be glad you tuned in for!

Mike AI
03-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Glad you finally got this pinned!

Depending on when my dogs make it to Tampa, I hope to catch the show!

gonzo
03-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 9 2004, 05:17 PM
Glad you finally got this pinned!

Depending on when my dogs make it to Tampa, I hope to catch the show!
Its acutally been very experimental so I havent pinned it until this week.

AEBN has been very helpful in putting this together and we've tried to minimize the support required. However the only show that do is from the studio there. A remote radio network really hadnt been tested yet.

So far we've been lucky. CJ developed the killer radio site that you see...Bishop and CJ both have done some audio tallent to help slick it up.

But what makes it worthwhile are the folks that continue to not only listen but log in and chat it up. Even the ones that listen to hear what we will do next and hope that we fall on our faces are appreciated.

Rumor has it that some of the poker players are listening to the show while they are doing some Oprano Poker.

So yeah Im getting a little braver and pinning a message. We are nowhere near done with what we are doing. As with Oprano...Im just getting started.

Now that the bugs are out of the system and all its time to add some more shows. Well see who steps up to the plate to get it on.

cj
03-09-2004, 06:27 PM
morning folks!

i've been away this week, as gonzo said, for 4 days of purving at the Sydney Gay & Lesbian mardi gras ... as a result i'm a little behind with the board events & haven't noticed any pearl or morons chair nominations throughout the week.

help me out please ;-)

you can either post them here or call up the Oprano Hotline - its a free call from anywhere within usa so no excuses!!

Unfortunately, it rained on Saturday night - the main parade night - & after spending hours dancing in the rain i've got a hell of a cold. :rolleyes: in the middle of summer!!

See you all in 2 hours folks, and don't forget to get those Pearl & Morons chair nominations in!

SykkBoy
03-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Oh what the helll...I'll stop by and give a listen ;-)

Mike AI
03-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 9 2004, 06:35 PM
morning folks!

i've been away this week, as gonzo said, for 4 days of purving at the Sydney Gay & Lesbian mardi gras ... as a result i'm a little behind with the board events & haven't noticed any pearl or morons chair nominations throughout the week.

help me out please ;-)

you can either post them here or call up the Oprano Hotline - its a free call from anywhere within usa so no excuses!!

Unfortunately, it rained on Saturday night - the main parade night - & after spending hours dancing in the rain i've got a hell of a cold. :rolleyes: in the middle of summer!!

See you all in 2 hours folks, and don't forget to get those Pearl & Morons chair nominations in!

CJ funny how that works. Mardi Gras in New Orleans was rainy as well and caused major problems with the parades....

cj
03-09-2004, 08:02 PM
we didn't care that it was raining, but i felt really sorry for the folks who had all their audio equipment up on those floats ;-(
so much work goes into the parades & setup & costumes etc

rain just means more people with shirts off though so much better for purving :biglaugh:

Lisa
03-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by cj@Mar 10 2004, 12:10 PM
rain just means more people with shirts off though so much better for purving :biglaugh:
Yeh but the vast majority of them were gay... :unsure:

Asshole
03-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Man my sqeulch is going thru the roof over here. Is there a way to adjust on your side?

Nickatilynx
03-09-2004, 10:15 PM
I think I eventually logged into some homoerotic chat channel.

Lots of recognisable names too ;-))))

cj
03-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Asshole@Mar 9 2004, 09:57 PM
Man my sqeulch is going thru the roof over here. Is there a way to adjust on your side?
sorry bout that!
this is where we have hit a bit of a wall ;-)

because i'm coming through a voice over ip server and gonzo is broadcasting from his machine, the levels are really difficult to get right.

the biggest problem we have, and hopefully we can eventually work out an alternative, is that my audio drops out regularly ... we have shitty internet down under, so it has to go from here, to gonzo's and back out again so no matter how good we get it there is going to be dropping out.

the solution is that i talk less live and more in pre-recorded interviews we think ;-)

but with all the negatives from the audio, we still have ended up with 2 funny shows thanks to the co-operation of the Opranauts. So once again, thanks everyone for taking 90 minutes out of your lives to help us out
& for the messages left on the Oprano Radio Hotline. :wnw:

Don't forget our contest this week - we want to know what you called your genitals when you were a child! Tockley ... doodle ... pee pee ... vajoiner ... call up the Oprano Hotline on 1 877 442 0067 & tell us! If you want to be elligible for prizes, you must leave your name, but you are still welcome to call up anon if you are embarassed :biglaugh:

thanks again folks!

visit the site for the archives ;-)