PDA

View Full Version : Signed photo from the President

Bishop
03-08-2004, 10:11 AM
I spoke to my mother over the weekend.. she tells me that my father received a signed photo from President Bush the other day. The letter was thanking my father for his support.. my father didn't give him anything. ???

I ask if it was a fake photocopy of the picture with the fake signature on it.. my mother said when you hold it at an angle you can see were the pen made an impression on the actual photograph. Appears to be real..

Point of the story? Nothing I just thought it was amusing. Either my parents are getting old and it is a fake that lots of people got and they are tickled over it.. or it is the real thing and the President's mailing list is very inaccurate.

What does it cost to mail something these days? 55 cents? something like that? Maybe everyone is going to get one and that is an attempt to buy votes.

Almighty Colin
03-08-2004, 10:24 AM
About a month ago, I received one too. Mine looked real also. Assumed it wasn't and threw it away. ;-)

I'm guessign either a stamp or someone paid to fake the sig. Sig's matched with those on the internet.

Bishop
03-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Very clever marketing..

alyssa
03-08-2004, 11:14 AM
I got one too and have NEVER supported Bush....spammer !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Nickatilynx
03-08-2004, 11:37 AM
I wonder who bore the cost of the photo mail shot.

Whether it is met by the US gov't. or if it was paid for from Republican Election funds.

;-)))

Almighty Colin
03-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Mar 8 2004, 11:45 AM
I wonder who bore the cost of the photo mail shot.

Whether it is met by the US gov't. or if it was paid for from Republican Election funds.

;-)))
I'd say neither. One of those privately funded groups sent it out.