PDA

View Full Version : Spring Time!

AM Jeff
03-04-2004, 10:38 AM
With spring apon us.
Whats the one thing you look forward too outside or with spring time?

Myself, being able to get out and work in the yard.
Plus, have the windows open to let some freash air in.
:bjump:

Mike AI
03-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Living in the South this is not really an issue.

Especially in Florida. However, as the weather gets warmer - the Gulf gets warmer and that means better FISHING!!

AM Jeff
03-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Well, I'm ready to do some fishing, camping and golf too.

Plus, Ky Derby time is almost here.

Winetalk.com
03-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by AM Jeff@Mar 4 2004, 01:30 PM
Ky Derby time is almost here.
i personally preffer KY jelly
;-)))

TheEnforcer
03-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Women in skimpy clothes again!! :okthumb:

dantheman
03-04-2004, 02:49 PM
fishing, bikinis, water, short shorts, beach, bikinis, sun and fun and oh bikinis B)

Peaches
03-04-2004, 03:20 PM
I love everything about spring :) Spring and fall are my favorite seasons. Summer here usually has too many really hot days (though I just head to the pool) with lots and lots of bugs and winter gets boring :awinky:

With spring everything blooms, the leaves come back, the little baby spotted fawns are around, you can cook outside and leave your windows open w/o freezing and best of all - NO BUGS :)

Edd
03-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Mar 4 2004, 03:28 PM
... and leave your windows open w/o freezing and best of all - NO BUGS :)
Obviously NOT South Louisiana.

I think this state is actually MADE OF BUGS! :purpdance:

Peaches
03-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Edd+Mar 4 2004, 04:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Edd @ Mar 4 2004, 04:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Mar 4 2004, 03:28 PM
... and leave your windows open w/o freezing and best of all - NO BUGS :)
Obviously NOT South Louisiana.

I think this state is actually MADE OF BUGS! :purpdance:[/b][/quote]
Hehehe - ALMOST as bad here. It's in the 70's today and I was out earlier and there were bugs already. We had such a mild winter that they'll be really bad this summer :( The moths really bug me, so to speak - if I leave a light on outside or near a window and there are hundreds of them. The only ones I like are the Luna moths :awinky:

We have a lot of bats so that helps with the mosquitos, but I might break down and get one of those propane things Michael has.

Spiders are also in abundance inside and outside the house. I've learned to take a stick with me when I go down to the lake and always check before I walk out the door and get into the shower. :okthumb:

Last year I saw the first signs of roaches here. We had the big palmetto bugs in Marietta but none of them or even the small roaches here. I saw the small ones sporadically last year. :barfon:

And there are what I call the "suicide ants" - I'll wake up in the morning and there will be hundreds of little black ants every where - dead. I'll clean them up and the same thing will happen the next day. It usually last a week or two.

The lady bugs get so bad inside the house than you have to vacuum them off the walls.

I'm beginning to remember that I hate summer, lol!!

pushpills
03-04-2004, 06:44 PM
removing camaro ttops every day

the 5,000 half naked rich yuppie babes who come to my street to drink every night

:yowsa:

Alex From San Diego
03-04-2004, 06:49 PM
It's always spring in San Diego so I have nothing to look forward to :(

Sabby
03-04-2004, 07:00 PM
I have a nice big backyard now. I am going to plant a garden.

Sabby:)

Carrie
03-04-2004, 07:09 PM
It was actually over 80 here today!!!!!!
I want to live somewhere that it's in the 70's most of the time but also has a change of seasons (okay so it can drop down in temperature for winter but not like, say, Syracuse - snow is okay but not 6feet every other day! LOL).

Lisa
03-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Mar 5 2004, 08:01 AM
The moths really bug me, so to speak - if I leave a light on outside or near a window and there are hundreds of them. The only ones I like are the Luna moths :awinky:

Supposedly if you put a yellow lightbulb outside, instead of a normal clear one, the moths aren't attracted to it.

I remember when I was a kid my dad suggested putting a yellow lightbulb on our front porch and my mum saying that she didn't like yellow, why couldn't we have red?

My dad then had to explain to her why it was NOT a good idea to have a red lightbulb on the front porch. :rolleyes:

Peaches
03-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Lisa@Mar 4 2004, 08:28 PM
Supposedly if you put a yellow lightbulb outside, instead of a normal clear one, the moths aren't attracted to it.
Nah, my parents tried that for years - never worked. :( If I'm coming home after dark and I want the front light on, I can't go in the front door, I have to go in the screen door because if I opened the front door, I would have thousands of moths in house. My bedroom is on the other side of the house and my lamp is in front of the window. They hit it so hard and some are so big it sounds like birds.

I remember when I was a kid my dad suggested putting a yellow lightbulb on our front porch and my mum saying that she didn't like yellow, why couldn't we have red?

My dad then had to explain to her why it was NOT a good idea to have a red lightbulb on the front porch. :rolleyes:
LOL! Mom was just looking for a little extra pocket money :awinky: