PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear about this new Visa reg?

gonzo
03-03-2004, 09:35 PM
I was recently trying to get a new site set up thru my 3rd party processor.

They told me that there was this new Visa reg that required my domain name registrant to match the corporation that they have on file.

Has anybody else run across this new "rule" in the last week?

Ryan
03-03-2004, 10:32 PM
I have not heard of it..
what 3rd party processor do you use?

:blink:

gonzo
03-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Ryan@Mar 3 2004, 10:40 PM
I have not heard of it..
what 3rd party processor do you use?

:blink:
Im on a fact finding mission right now.
Do you have a 3rd party processor? And if so who?
When did you last try to get a site approved by them?
In the registrant field...does the registrant match how you have your account set up with your processor?

Mine says per Visa rules they have to match.

Carrie
03-04-2004, 03:48 AM
I know of recently set up accounts where the domain registration addresses don't even match the country where the business is registered.

gonzo
03-04-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Carrie@Mar 4 2004, 03:56 AM
I know of recently set up accounts where the domain registration addresses don't even match the country where the business is registered.
Which processor is that with Carrie?

Hell Puppy
03-04-2004, 09:38 PM
I added one to Epoch in the last couple of months and heard nothing about it.

The domain I added at that time was one that is in the same company name as the account, but I do have processing on domains with registrations that pre-date the current company name and those would be different.

No complaints so far...and it would tick me off if they did require that because it can be a bit of a pain in the ass to change.

gonzo
03-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Mar 4 2004, 09:46 PM
I added one to Epoch in the last couple of months and heard nothing about it.

The domain I added at that time was one that is in the same company name as the account, but I do have processing on domains with registrations that pre-date the current company name and those would be different.

No complaints so far...and it would tick me off if they did require that because it can be a bit of a pain in the ass to change.
So theres Epoch....anybody with CCBill that can confirm or deny this regulation?

Carrie
03-05-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by gonzo+Mar 4 2004, 08:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Mar 4 2004, 08:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Carrie@Mar 4 2004, 03:56 AM
Which processor is that with Carrie?[/b][/quote]
Epoch.