PDA

View Full Version : Two good movies

Peaches
03-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Identity: I really liked this! Most of these are easy to figure out but this one really made you go back and think about it. IIRC, it didn't do well in the box office. :(

American Splendor: Just a neat movie. :)

Anyone else have any recommendations? I'm always looking to add to my Netflix list :okthumb:

Kt Doodles
03-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Peaches, that movie Identity, was that shot in the same style that
Momento was??? I heard they were coming out with a similar style movie.

Not sure if that was it.

Peaches
03-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Kt Doodles@Mar 3 2004, 06:11 PM
Peaches, that movie Identity, was that shot in the same style that
Momento was??? I heard they were coming out with a similar style movie.

Not sure if that was it.
Kinda sorta a little. In fact, there was a point where I even thought of Momento :) but it's not as strictly done in reverse.

Memento is one of my all time favorites and one of the few I could watch twice. Identity's the same way - once you hit the end you want to watch it again to catch the things you know you missed. :P

SykkBoy
03-03-2004, 05:28 PM
American Splendor was my favorite movie of 2003.

I think Paul Giamatti got robbed by not even getting an Oscar nomination.

I like "Identity" as well. I've seen more horror movies than the aevrage movie fan, so can usuauly figure out killers pretty quick as well as the "why I did it" speech, but "Identity" caught me off guard.

Peaches
03-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Mar 3 2004, 06:36 PM
American Splendor was my favorite movie of 2003.
And it's so hard to describe, lol! "Well, there's this really depressed loser who hooks up with another loser and he works with a guy who talks funny and he writes comics, and then the real people are there, and ....." It just doesn't sound very appealing :P

You probably saw it in a theater, but rent the DVD - it's got a cute short about Sundance, Cannes, ComiCon, etc. :awinky:

I like "Identity" as well. I've seen more horror movies than the aevrage movie fan, so can usuauly figure out killers pretty quick as well as the "why I did it" speech, but "Identity" caught me off guard.
Yeah, I usually can figure things out but that one got me. B)

JR
03-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Dont go see Anatomy Of An Ass Kickin'

if Mel Gibson was not behind the scenes and causing the hype, it would not even make it to the History Channel.

I liked Along Came Polly. :) its a good, nice, happy comedy.