PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Primaries

Almighty Colin
03-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Big winner: Edwards. He'll be back.

Big Loser. Dean. He won't.

kath
03-03-2004, 11:01 AM
I guess I'm just still in shock over how many people I've talked to that DIDN'T vote at all. Especially here in California where we had so many f'd up things on our ballot this year to decide... the turnout at our polling place said that they had a bigger turnout for the Governor re-call than the presidential primary... what a shame. <_<

Almighty Colin
03-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by kath@Mar 3 2004, 11:09 AM
I guess I'm just still in shock over how many people I've talked to that DIDN'T vote at all. Especially here in California where we had so many f'd up things on our ballot this year to decide... the turnout at our polling place said that they had a bigger turnout for the Governor re-call than the presidential primary... what a shame. <_<
I don't vote.

RawAlex
03-03-2004, 11:11 AM
I think that the primary process has been watered down mostly by the play the early votes get in the media, which leaves many places at or beyond "super tuesday" out of the game. By the time they are voting, the trend and the decision has been made.

I don't see the primaries vote being more important than the recall of the governor, so I wouldn't expect to see the turnout be very good at all. Democrats things is a done deal, and the republicans only have on candidate, so there is nothing there. No reason to get excited.

Edwards is probably going to drop out today. Either he will come back next time, or he could end up as the VP nominee, which would give Kerry some extra help in the south and with younger, hipper voters.

Alex

Mike AI
03-03-2004, 11:44 AM
I read somewhere that Dean never expected to ever be a leader in the race. That he just wanted to push/raise certain issues. Then when things took off, he did not know how to handle it. He certainly hasa hard time putting up with media scrutiny.

Edwards will be back... I think the General will too.