PDA

View Full Version : Adult Vs. Non-adult hosting

stacyglass
02-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Are there any differences in prices for the two? We are looking for hosting with 24hr phone support. Suggestions are appreciated :D

Mike AI
02-29-2004, 06:26 PM
No difference.

I have found that hosting companies that get a decent % of their business from adult tend to be better then standard non-adult hosting. In 2004, I doubt it matters much. ( Unless you plan on cranking a lot of BW or need some high end load balancing anf such)

dantheman
02-29-2004, 06:30 PM
really no difference at all, we're pretty much split but the adult do tend to use more BW. Our smaller plans work great. now we have a 49 dollar server which is awesome, your own manage server under 50 bucks.
How cool is that : ))

Dravyk
02-29-2004, 07:04 PM
There is still a great amount of stupidity out there in mainstream hosting. Seperate accounts needed for each domain. One account for domains but (unbelievable) seperate FTP logins for each domain. Scripts can't be put in the user or an outside vendor, only by the host, and sometimes only scripts the host offers (such as a guestbook or shopping cart). The list goes on and on ... I'd do what Mike suggests, use a host that does adult and mainstream, Dan's definitely being a good choice.