PDA

View Full Version : I've got a little over 11 inches...

Bishop
02-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Of snow on the ground at my house..

http://sinsells.com/snow.jpg

I'm trapped at the house.. this sucks.

Almighty Colin
02-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Only 11 inches and you are trapped? WTF.

Peaches
02-27-2004, 04:23 PM
That is so cool (no pun intended)! I'm jealous. :(

Bishop
02-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Colin@Feb 27 2004, 04:28 PM

Yeah.. I can't get any of the cars out of the driveway.. they are stuck. I just had a guy come by the house to pick up a puppy.. he got to my house ok. Then got stuck in my driveway. Glad he brought a friend.. took 3 of us to get his truck out.. then he had to back all the way down the drive.. haha.. about a 1/4 mile.

Carrie
02-27-2004, 05:23 PM
You should know by now you can't mention puppies without including pictures, Bishop.
Let's see the little cuties!

Almighty Colin
02-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Bishop+Feb 27 2004, 04:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishop @ Feb 27 2004, 04:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Colin@Feb 27 2004, 04:28 PM

Yeah.. I can't get any of the cars out of the driveway.. they are stuck. I just had a guy come by the house to pick up a puppy.. he got to my house ok. Then got stuck in my driveway. Glad he brought a friend.. took 3 of us to get his truck out.. then he had to back all the way down the drive.. haha.. about a 1/4 mile.[/b][/quote]
Yeah, it's all about city response. When I was in Syracuse, we had 43" once. The city had the streets completely plowed the next day. There's a city with a lot of plows and a huge salt supply.

Bishop
02-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Colin+Feb 27 2004, 05:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ Feb 27 2004, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Bishop@Feb 27 2004, 04:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Colin@Feb 27 2004, 04:28 PM

Yeah.. I can't get any of the cars out of the driveway.. they are stuck. I just had a guy come by the house to pick up a puppy.. he got to my house ok. Then got stuck in my driveway. Glad he brought a friend.. took 3 of us to get his truck out.. then he had to back all the way down the drive.. haha.. about a 1/4 mile.
Yeah, it's all about city response. When I was in Syracuse, we had 43" once. The city had the streets completely plowed the next day. There's a city with a lot of plows and a huge salt supply.[/b][/quote]
Yeah they are saying on the news this is the most snow that has fallen in Charlotte since 1988 I think they said.. Southern cities are not prepaired for this kind of weather. I doubt they even sell snow shovels around here.. haha..

My wife just made me go hike through the woods to look at the snow.. argh.. it was kinda cool to see all the little animal tracks.. and the neighbors kids foot prints as the blew right past the no trespassing signs.. haha..

It is probably better that the cars are stuck.. I don't want to drive around with these idiots. It took me 3 1/2 hours to get to the house yesterday.. it normally takes about an hour with traffic. People kept blocking the intersections.. very annoying.

Bishop
02-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Feb 27 2004, 05:31 PM
You should know by now you can't mention puppies without including pictures, Bishop.

We took this snapshot just before the fawn went home earlier. They had never seen snow before.. haha.. We are keeping the brindle female we named her Shadow. She just follows everyone around like a shadow.. like she is doing with the male in this picture. They are nine week old English Mastiffs.

http://sinsells.com/snowpups.jpg

Peaches
02-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Bishop+Feb 27 2004, 06:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishop @ Feb 27 2004, 06:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Carrie@Feb 27 2004, 05:31 PM

We took this snapshot just before the fawn went home earlier. They had never seen snow before.. haha.. We are keeping the brindle female we named her Shadow. She just follows everyone around like a shadow.. like she is doing with the male in this picture. They are nine week old English Mastiffs.

http://sinsells.com/snowpups.jpg[/b][/quote]
Mastiffs are big pugs. :P

(really, REALLY big pugs......)

Mike AI
02-27-2004, 05:56 PM
No way I could handle living in a place with snow on a regular basis!

Cute photos of the dogs....

I wold love to see my 2 dogs play in the snow - I think they would like it.

Almighty Colin
02-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Bishop+Feb 27 2004, 05:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishop @ Feb 27 2004, 05:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Colin@Feb 27 2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by -Bishop@Feb 27 2004, 04:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Colin@Feb 27 2004, 04:28 PM

Yeah, it's all about city response. When I was in Syracuse, we had 43" once. The city had the streets completely plowed the next day. There's a city with a lot of plows and a huge salt supply.
Yeah they are saying on the news this is the most snow that has fallen in Charlotte since 1988 I think they said.. Southern cities are not prepaired for this kind of weather. I doubt they even sell snow shovels around here.. haha..

My wife just made me go hike through the woods to look at the snow.. argh.. it was kinda cool to see all the little animal tracks.. and the neighbors kids foot prints as the blew right past the no trespassing signs.. haha..

It is probably better that the cars are stuck.. I don't want to drive around with these idiots. It took me 3 1/2 hours to get to the house yesterday.. it normally takes about an hour with traffic. People kept blocking the intersections.. very annoying.[/b][/quote]
Yeah, when it snows a few inches in Atlanta, the city falls apart. Right, Peaches?

Bishop
02-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Feb 27 2004, 06:04 PM

Yeah the adult mastiff's looked like they were having a great time in the snow today.. the bulldogs didn't look as thrilled.. the show was almost as deep as they are tall... those little legs don't handle the snow very well. I laughed my ass off at the cat. She was trying to make her way around the house today and she was sinking she looked really pissed. haha..

Mike AI
02-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Bishop+Feb 27 2004, 06:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishop @ Feb 27 2004, 06:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@Feb 27 2004, 06:04 PM

Yeah the adult mastiff's looked like they were having a great time in the snow today.. the bulldogs didn't look as thrilled.. the show was almost as deep as they are tall... those little legs don't handle the snow very well. I laughed my ass off at the cat. She was trying to make her way around the house today and she was sinking she looked really pissed. haha..[/b][/quote]

HAHA I love dogs.....

MissEve
02-27-2004, 06:32 PM
http://www.adn.com/images/images/665599.jpg

Maggie, a few days ago at the Anchorage zoo.

Peaches
02-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Colin@Feb 27 2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah, when it snows a few inches in Atlanta, the city falls apart. Right, Peaches?
No need to fall apart, we just completely shut down at the sign of one flake. :P Heck, just a forecast calls for the masses to run to the store for milk and bread. I've never figured that one out.....why milk and bread? :unsure:

When we had the blizzard in 93, I went to the store and stocked up on snacks and candy. I had a 9 year old boy - milk and bread weren't going to cut it. :rolleyes:

But as Bish pointed out, we're not prepared. And usually it slowly gets cold enough to snow so there's almost aways ice underneath the snow.

We were in Jacksonville for Christmas the year it snowed down there. I can't remember when that was....15+ years ago maybe? Talk about not having ANY thing for the roads. They had ZERO salt trucks or plows. Completely shut the city down. And of course the next year my son wanted to go back because "It snows at Nana's on Christmas!". :lol:

Last edited by Peaches at Feb 27 2004, 07:45 PM

Carrie
02-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by MissEve@Feb 27 2004, 06:40 PM

Now there's something you don't see everyday... a freaking ELEPHANT PLAYING IN THE SNOW.
Too cool!!!

Bishop
02-27-2004, 06:40 PM
My wife was suppose to go to Nashville for the weekend.. the snow cancelled the trip. She is now experimenting in the kitchen.. she just tried to make brownies. She was mixing it up and then realized we are out of eggs. She replaced eggs with apple sauce! I just had an apple sauce brownie..'thing'. God I love her..

(please help - someone send a 4x4 and get me the hell out of North Carolina)

Carrie
02-27-2004, 06:42 PM
The response in Syracuse floored me. Things *only* got shut down because kids/people couldn't make it out of their yard/driveway. The road at the end of their driveway was always clean! Those people have snowplowing down to an art. I miss the snow up there. (Not the cold, just the snow.)

Fact - it snows more in Syracuse than it does in Siberia.

Carrie
02-27-2004, 06:45 PM
LMAO Bishop - hey, at least it's creative! Did it taste good?

Awwww the puppies are gorgeous. I love brindle coloring.
You posted pics of the big guys over on JBM didn't ya? "Huge" doesn't come close. Horses thinking they're little lap poodles.

cj
02-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by MissEve@Feb 27 2004, 06:40 PM

That is an awesome photo
That should be in the local newspaper!

SykkBoy
02-27-2004, 06:47 PM
You know what's really interesting? Even though Bishop tried the old double entendre, I think we all knew he was talking snow before even clicking the link....

JR
02-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Carrie+Feb 27 2004, 03:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Carrie @ Feb 27 2004, 03:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--MissEve@Feb 27 2004, 06:40 PM

Now there's something you don't see everyday... a freaking ELEPHANT PLAYING IN THE SNOW.
Too cool!!![/b][/quote]
i wonder what elephant meat tastes like.

Bishop
02-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Feb 27 2004, 06:53 PM
LMAO Bishop - hey, at least it's creative! Did it taste good?

Awwww the puppies are gorgeous. I love brindle coloring.
You posted pics of the big guys over on JBM didn't ya? "Huge" doesn't come close. Horses thinking they're little lap poodles.

The brownies.. they could have been good if they had cooked a little longer.. umm maybe. I think she has put them back in the oven.. haha

I haven't posted pictures of them in recent history.. here is a picture of Ruger(male), Jewel(female) and me.. Ruger is bigger now that he is in this picture.. last time I weighed him he was 220lbs but that was about 7-8 months ago. Jewel is one of our girls.. neither are the parents of the puppies I posted earlier. I don't have any good pictures of them.. I need to take more recent pictures.

http://ncmastiff.com/ruger1.jpg

Last edited by Bishop at Feb 27 2004, 07:10 PM

jody(juicy jody)
02-27-2004, 07:06 PM
hey bishop... where in nc?..south of raleigh here.. we had 8 inches.. :headwall:

Bishop
02-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Jody - I'm just east of Charlotte.

Sykk - That hurt.. That really hurt! :tpe:

MissEve
02-27-2004, 07:11 PM
CJ... that pic is from the Anchorage Daily News :)

SykkBoy
02-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Bishop@Feb 27 2004, 07:17 PM

;-))

gonzo
02-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Bishop@Feb 27 2004, 07:17 PM

Id imagine it left a stain....
Allow me

http://www.gonzomovies.com/stainremover.jpg

cj
02-28-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by MissEve@Feb 27 2004, 07:19 PM
CJ... that pic is from the Anchorage Daily News :)
:biglaugh:

i guess that was in a newspaper then!! LOL

Sabby
02-28-2004, 02:13 AM
This thread is soooo misleading! YOU SUCK!

Sabby:)