PDA

View Full Version : MikeAI, what is your ad expereince with GFY?

Winetalk.com
02-23-2004, 08:51 AM
http://www.justblowme.com/showthread.php?t=793

the WORST return on ad dollars spent...

Sausage
02-23-2004, 09:08 AM
JBM sparks the downfall of GFY ?
I'd like to see that.

Winetalk.com
02-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Sausage@Feb 23 2004, 09:16 AM
JBM sparks the downfall of GFY ?
I'd like to see that.
I kinda enjoy the sound of a fall....even though KidSlick might not share my excitement
;-)))

$tanDaMan
02-23-2004, 01:00 PM
I mean if your banner screams every time how do you expect anyone to even bring the mouse over it, less click it :))))))

Serge: banner ads are sometimes not about clicks...but the views and brand awareness :)

Winetalk.com
02-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by $tanDaMan@Feb 23 2004, 01:08 PM
I mean if your banner screams every time how do you expect anyone to even bring the mouse over it, less click it :))))))

Serge: banner ads are sometimes not about clicks...but the views and brand awareness :)
any IDIOT who beleives that,
contact John_Cotac,
he'll take your money.

bucklover
03-01-2004, 02:54 PM
GFY as good as any!

Vick
03-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by bucklover@Mar 1 2004, 03:02 PM
GFY as good as any!
You say that because

What was your experience?

Mike AI
03-01-2004, 03:15 PM
I have been happy with GFY for the most part. I wish they would be quicker in changing banners and understand customer service.

Choosing where to advertise is important, lot of boards have the same people. So picking a few to get the most bang for the buck is important.

If I am going to spend money, I will go the real thing, not the lite version.

masterp74
03-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Mar 1 2004, 12:23 PM
I have been happy with GFY for the most part. I wish they would be quicker in changing banners and understand customer service.

Choosing where to advertise is important, lot of boards have the same people. So picking a few to get the most bang for the buck is important.

We have a extra ad spot over at OpranoPoker.com

best value for your advertising dollar :okthumb:

Mike AI
03-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by masterp74+Mar 1 2004, 03:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (masterp74 @ Mar 1 2004, 03:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@Mar 1 2004, 12:23 PM

We have a extra ad spot over at OpranoPoker.com

best value for your advertising dollar :okthumb:[/b][/quote]
OpranoPoker is definately a good place for advertising.

I do not know why I don't have a button or something over there.

:o

Romeo
03-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Mike, 2 things. 1. That South Park Banner is awesome. Always great creativity coming from the PureCash Crew :wnw: 2. I'm hitting you up to get a banner spot on Oprano now!

Mike AI
03-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Romeo@Mar 1 2004, 04:42 PM
Mike, 2 things. 1. That South Park Banner is awesome. Always great creativity coming from the PureCash Crew :wnw: 2. I'm hitting you up to get a banner spot on Oprano now!

Don't let Serge scare you.... I told him you are family!!

Serge is going to come up to Tampa soon, we all have to get together... I will have some nice Cassiopia!

Winetalk.com
03-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Mar 1 2004, 05:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Mar 1 2004, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Romeo@Mar 1 2004, 04:42 PM

Don't let Serge scare you.... I told him you are family!!

Serge is going to come up to Tampa soon, we all have to get together... I will have some nice Cassiopia![/b][/quote]
The only family in Tampa I recognize is the members who take me to Bern's Steakhouse!
;_)))

Hell Puppy
03-02-2004, 02:43 AM
Fuck GFY, Serge came up with a truly important topic here....

Anyone found a steakhouse ANYWHERE that is overall better than Berns?

I haven't, and I generally seek out the best steakhouse in whatever town I'm in when visiting.

gonzo
03-02-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Mar 2 2004, 02:51 AM
Fuck GFY, Serge came up with a truly important topic here....

Anyone found a steakhouse ANYWHERE that is overall better than Berns?

I haven't, and I generally seek out the best steakhouse in whatever town I'm in when visiting.
Aint tried Berns. From the looks of it in Vegas Delmonicos wasnt to shabby.
I dont know which one of us was trying to lick more off the plate...me or Mitnick.

sextoyking
03-02-2004, 03:30 AM
Ruth's is good too :)

http://www.ruthschrisportland.com

Peaches
03-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Mar 2 2004, 04:16 AM
Aint tried Berns. From the looks of it in Vegas Delmonicos wasnt to shabby.
I dont know which one of us was trying to lick more off the plate...me or Mitnick.
I've been to Berns and I've been to Delmonicos - Berns wins, IMHO. And it's been 10+ years since I've been to Berns and I STILL dream of it often. :)

It's worth a cheap RT ticket down there just to eat. Go for it! :okthumb:

Hell Puppy
03-02-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Mar 2 2004, 09:36 AM

I've been to Berns and I've been to Delmonicos - Berns wins, IMHO. And it's been 10+ years since I've been to Berns and I STILL dream of it often. :)

Delmonico is excellent, in fact it might be number 2 on my list right now. Again not just due to the quality of the steak, but the quality of everything they bring out.

It's worth a cheap RT ticket down there just to eat. Go for it! :okthumb:

Dont think that thought hasn't crossed my mind. If only it didn't take 2+ hours on each end to get thru the airport and onto the plane.

Hell Puppy
03-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by sextoyking@Mar 2 2004, 03:38 AM
Ruth's is good too :)

http://www.ruthschrisportland.com
Maybe it's just the one in Atlanta, but Ruth hasn't impressed me. The steak was good, but in Atlanta, Chops, Mortons, Bones or even Stoney River are easily better.

They didn't exactly make it up in atmosphere...last time I was in there, they had multiple tables with high chairs and screaming kids. Having high chairs available alongside white table clothes is just wrong... I haven't been back.

If going for a chain on the road, I prefer Mortons. Though I would like to try the original Ruths in Nawlins sometime.

Peaches
03-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Mar 2 2004, 04:20 PM
Maybe it's just the one in Atlanta, but Ruth hasn't impressed me. The steak was good, but in Atlanta, Chops, Mortons, Bones or even Stoney River are easily better.

They didn't exactly make it up in atmosphere...last time I was in there, they had multiple tables with high chairs and screaming kids. Having high chairs available alongside white table clothes is just wrong... I haven't been back.
Ditto. I received a gift certificate to RC a couple of years ago and traded it with my Dad for a gift certificate for a Honey Baked Ham. :P

Mike AI
03-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Once you hit an elite level with steaks, most places are even.

I think it comes down to side dishes, and atmosphere.

I LOVE Ruth's a home grown NO reasturant.
I LOVE Bern's very unique, great atmosphere, fine appreciation for quality.
I LOVE Delmonicos, another NO creation, I remember going to the original before Emirl ( who I do not like) took it over.

I will be dining at Delmonicos Friday day with the family for my Mom's b-day.
There NY Strip is hard to beat.