PDA

View Full Version : Webmaster WE NEED YOUR HELP

Steffie
02-21-2004, 03:40 AM
Fellow Adult Entertainer

A friend in our industry Shannon from ]Shannongetsit (http://www.shannongetsit.net) has been seriously hurt in a fire.

She has 4th Degree burns over 60% of her body. Right now she is in a coma and as most in our industry, they have no health coverage

I dont even want to think what her awesome hubby Dave is going through. At this time, I am begging each and everyone to dig into their pockets and help out during this tragic time.
If you would like to help out, you can send all donations to

P.O. Box 1075
Lancaster Oh 43130

All checks please make out to Dave or money orders in his name.

Most who know me can paypal the money to my account. And I will make sure they will get it. tapact@hotmail.com (I have no intentions of doing anything with that money than to give it to Dave.)

I am totally heart broken - I don't know what to do with myself right now

:( :(

Hell Puppy
02-21-2004, 03:43 AM
There's that darned "Shitman" flashback again....

Steffie
02-23-2004, 09:56 AM
I thought I would post an update on Shannon's Condition.. (and who is shitman?)

Dave would like to thank all of you as colleagues and friends for the concern and well wishes. He also asked that I give extra special thanks to those that have helped set up a trust to defray some of the immediate and near term expenses.

At this time Shannon is expected to remain in her comma until the 10th of March. The burn damage to her lungs is worst then expected. Over time they hope to slowly remove her from life support to try to determine the extent of the damages to her other organs.

Her burns cover over 60 percent of her body, mainly her upper body. Shannon has 3rd and 4th degree burns from her navel to her neck and 2nd and 3rd degree burns on face and arms.

Shannon’s survival rate has improved daily, but she has a long road ahead of her. Her family has set up a trust fund and has asked that in lieu of flowers and plants that donations, cards and prayers are forwarded to the trust.

Monica M Smith Trustee
PO Box 555
Elizabethtown PA 17022
memo: Shannon’s Fund for deposit Only

Nickatilynx
02-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Shitman was a guy who gave a scam sob story to try and get money.

So what happened?

Also.....ummmmm who are you?

Your post count is 6. 2 of them being in this thread.

Last edited by Nickatilynx at Feb 23 2004, 08:48 AM

Mike AI
02-23-2004, 12:15 PM
I know this is going to sound harsh but here it goes anyway....

Oprano is NOT the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, St. Joe's Church, or any other charitable orginization - ESPECIALLY for people who are not "family"!

spazlabz
02-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Feb 23 2004, 09:23 AM
I know this is going to sound harsh but here it goes anyway....

Oprano is NOT the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, St. Joe's Church, or any other charitable orginization - ESPECIALLY for people who are not "family"!
Nothing harsh about that.... I do not know any of the parties involved. Nor have I seen them on the few boards I frequent. They are just text to me. Bad things happen to good people every day. In this biz and out. If she is well known then her friends will take care of her. What may sound like harshness is in reality just the way it is.

spaz

LadyHarley
02-23-2004, 01:37 PM
I know these people from AmateurMasters board mostly and steffie is of Stefficam and Wifetrader, XXXBiker~ they are good people. The lady is for real and the circumstances too sad~

Vick
02-23-2004, 03:44 PM
While I am very sorry to hear of this tragedy and wish a full and speedy recovery

Speaking for myself (and some of the "family"/regulars here may feel the same)
You've come somewhere the principles and yourself are not well known and asked for help
If we don't offer aid it doesn't mean we are uncaring or beyond reasonable feeling, it just means we really don't know you and while we may have feelings about the horrible things that have befallen your friend .....

Myself, I believe charity begins at home and often some of us here face challenging circumstances and we keep it personal - sometimes myself most of all

Not to distract from the importance of your thread or your seeking aid but so you have a feel for Oprano and how some of us deal

My Uncle will be dead in 4 to 6 months according to his Doctors. He has inoperable cancer, it has metastasized through his body. He is taking radiation treatments but has declined Chemo as the risks out way the benefits

My Uncle is a great man, lived a great life and has incredible experiences and stories to share
He has told me he is not afraid of death, he lived a great life, has seen his children grow and have families of their own, had the opportunity to enjoy his grandchildren and my Aunt is well taken care of

His wishes are for his family to spend time with him before he is too ill to enjoy the time we can spend together. I'll be going to Michigan very soon to spend some time with him, my Aunt and my cousins and their children

It's hard to see this great Man whom I love cut down at just 68 years of age. He told me to get up there and we'll go out for dinner, have steaks on the grill another night and have a few drinks, talk and just hang out and enjoy each other's company while we can.

I've known of his illness for over a month now

This past week my ex-wife's Father (another great man, you couldn't wish for a kinder, more intelligent person) has been diagnosed with cancer.
His cancer is operable and the prospects of a full recovery are very good

so back to the point, if we don't jump up and rush to help, it's not that we don't care, it's we don't really know you and may have our own challenges to face

I don't ask for help, donations, prayers, sympathy or pixie dust
I see my Uncle strong enough to stand in the face of adversity and can draw more than enough strength and courage to be there with him