PDA

View Full Version : has ANYBODY heard from JohnIP?

Winetalk.com
02-19-2004, 03:58 AM
is he still in business? Last I heard from him was over a year ago....

Peaches
02-19-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Feb 19 2004, 05:06 AM
He was at the Florida show. :)

Almighty Colin
02-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 19 2004, 08:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 19 2004, 08:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Feb 19 2004, 05:06 AM
He was at the Florida show. :)[/b][/quote]
He looked good too.

Peaches
02-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Colin+Feb 19 2004, 10:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ Feb 19 2004, 10:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Peaches@Feb 19 2004, 08:01 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Feb 19 2004, 05:06 AM
He was at the Florida show. :)
He looked good too.[/b][/quote]
Yes he did! :inlove:

Hooper
02-19-2004, 10:54 AM
yeah, i saw him at the show too. he looked thin and trim to the point that i didnt recognize him at first.

believe it or not insite is still around too.

Mike AI
02-19-2004, 11:14 AM
I consider John a friend. A old timer who has been around, and seen it all.

But I fear he is now a scammer, ripping people off. I have seen so many threads about not being paid. The best part is in Insite's TOS he has a clause that if a webmaster posts on a board negative things ( complaining about not being paid for example) that they are kicked out of program and will not be paid. It is pretty funny.... and sad at the same time.

Yet newbies still signup and send traffic.....

Evil Chris
02-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Feb 19 2004, 12:22 PM

But I fear he is now a scammer, ripping people off. I have seen so many threads about not being paid. The best part is in Insite's TOS he has a clause that if a webmaster posts on a board negative things ( complaining about not being paid for example) that they are kicked out of program and will not be paid. It is pretty funny.... and sad at the same time.

Can you point out this clause Mike? I can't seem to find it.

Peaches
02-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris+Feb 19 2004, 03:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil Chris @ Feb 19 2004, 03:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@Feb 19 2004, 12:22 PM

Can you point out this clause Mike? I can't seem to find it.[/b][/quote]
From their TOS:

All shared information personal, statistical, financial and operational is deemed confidential between Insite and Site operators. Any information including communications or attempted communications between the parties both verbal and or written is confidential and shall not be made public in any way by either party. In the case of Site Operators with active accounts who are in violation this stipulation, Insite reserves the right to cancel the account in question immediately, and withhold ALL outstanding funds pending pursuit of legal action including, but not limited to, civil litigation regarding defamation

Evil Chris
02-19-2004, 03:17 PM
I think that's kinda reaching... It doesn't specifically say anything about bad press on boards.

Every affiliate program carries a "right to terminate any account at anytime without notice" clause.

Insite has gone through some tough times, but they are still in operation, and I certainly wouldn't jump to any conclusions about them. Certainly not to someone I consider an old friend.

gonzo
02-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Feb 19 2004, 11:22 AM

Insite is local to Man and Bat Inc. Less than 15 minutes as a matter of fact.

Winetalk.com
02-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Sammi, if you are still alive, show me the sign....
;-)))

Hooper
02-20-2004, 11:04 AM
serge,

they've scaled back their offices big time, i think there may only be 2 or 3 people there total... and last time i called, sammi wasnt one of the people around... maybe she's left?

JimB
02-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Serge
I talked to John a couple of weeks ago. He seems alive and well.

Toolz
02-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Hooper@Feb 20 2004, 08:12 AM
serge,

they've scaled back their offices big time, i think there may only be 2 or 3 people there total... and last time i called, sammi wasnt one of the people around... maybe she's left?
I have a friend who programs there, and I know they just switched to a smaller office. They've got a lot of products and I think a few of them are keeping them up while some of the others are dragging them down, would be nice to seem them pull out of it.

Winetalk.com
02-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Toolz+Feb 20 2004, 11:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Toolz @ Feb 20 2004, 11:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hooper@Feb 20 2004, 08:12 AM
serge,

I have a friend who programs there, and I know they just switched to a smaller office. They've got a lot of products and I think a few of them are keeping them up while some of the others are dragging them down, would be nice to seem them pull out of it.[/b][/quote]
where si Sammi!?????

Mike AI
02-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Feb 19 2004, 03:25 PM
I think that's kinda reaching... It doesn't specifically say anything about bad press on boards.

Every affiliate program carries a "right to terminate any account at anytime without notice" clause.

Insite has gone through some tough times, but they are still in operation, and I certainly wouldn't jump to any conclusions about them. Certainly not to someone I consider an old friend.
Chris, where there is smoke there is fire - PERIOD!

I would not send any hits to Insite - especially now, they probbaly just cut my account!!

One day Chris you may think objectively with your head and stop benig a kiss ass lackey.... Insite has gone down the tubes, they have been ripping of webamsters, and chances are they are down for the count.

XXXPhoto
02-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Not sure who pissed in your wheaties this morning Mike but how is Chris's suggestion not to jump to conclusions 'ass kissing'?

JohnIP is one of the few that have been around since start, and that if nothing else says alot cause there are damn few left, and you know it... Plus he is a hell of a guy aside from his shitty short game IMO... if you think that's asskissing well good for you... won't change my opinion of the man...

I'm not in the Insite offices and neither are you, so how the fuck you have any clue what the details are of what's going on there is beyond me. Expected more than GFY bandwagon behavior from you though...

~Mark

Mike AI
02-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto@Feb 20 2004, 02:52 PM
Not sure who pissed in your wheaties this morning Mike but how is Chris's suggestion not to jump to conclusions 'ass kissing'?

JohnIP is one of the few that have been around since start, and that if nothing else says alot cause there are damn few left, and you know it... Plus he is a hell of a guy aside from his shitty short game IMO... if you think that's asskissing well good for you... won't change my opinion of the man...

I'm not in the Insite offices and neither are you, so how the fuck you have any clue what the details are of what's going on there is beyond me. Expected more than GFY bandwagon behavior from you though...

~Mark

A lot of people have been around since the old days. I tend to like these people more, and give them the benefit of the doubt. I like John, we have been friends, we agree on political issues, and he is very funny.

BUT look at the amount of complaints his program has had. Even I have had some bouned checks from him in the past - I am sure it was a banking error or whatever....

When companies struggle people tend to do things that they would not have done in the past....

I am not going to give anyone a free pass just because I have known them for 7 years, or just because they were a founding father. Those are all good things - but we have to deal in the here and now.

Winetalk.com
02-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Mike, I vote you for a Jury Duty,
in the trial of Wisemen of Sion vs. Mel Gibson!

;-))))

I'll be John's Public Defendant.

Evil Chris
02-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Feb 20 2004, 02:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Feb 20 2004, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Evil Chris@Feb 19 2004, 03:25 PM

Chris, where there is smoke there is fire - PERIOD!

I would not send any hits to Insite - especially now, they probbaly just cut my account!!

One day Chris you may think objectively with your head and stop benig a kiss ass lackey.... Insite has gone down the tubes, they have been ripping of webamsters, and chances are they are down for the count.[/b][/quote]
I love the way you assume this person or that person must be a filthy cheating scammer etc... Or an ass kissing lackey for that matter.

The fact is I know exactly what is happening at Insite, but I am not at liberty to discuss it and that's that.

Winetalk.com
02-20-2004, 09:41 PM
EC, I know everything I wanted to know about it.

you'll be surprised, but there are people out there who do NOT post that they are not at liberty, but have solid info nevertheless.

ciao
;-)

Evil Chris
02-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Are you back from your trip Serge?

I hadn't noticed.

Winetalk.com
02-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Feb 20 2004, 09:51 PM
Are you back from your trip Serge?

I hadn't noticed.
hmmm, but I noticed you added more whoring ID's to your sig
http://affiliatetracking.net/hosting/af.cgi?121

is that how you intend to support you family for the rest of your life?