PDA

View Full Version : Too many AW boards ?

sarettah
02-18-2004, 08:09 PM
How's about it...

Myself, I really only check out 2 boards anymore. Here and VNWR. But, then again, I am a nobody in this business.

So what do you think, are we beyond the point of saturation, or are we just getting started?

(expiring minds want to know)

Carrie
02-18-2004, 08:10 PM
There's been too many for well over a year now.

Peaches
02-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Too many, IMHO. But I'm sure each one fills a niche for posters so while there are too many for ME to keep up with, each one has its own flavor and posters.

sarettah
02-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 18 2004, 08:46 PM
Too many, IMHO. But I'm sure each one fills a niche for posters so while there are too many for ME to keep up with, each one has its own flavor and posters.
I don't know... I see an awful lot of the same posters on most of the boards....

Lots of times the same discussions too....

(except here and vnwr of course)..... :awinky:

BradShaw
02-18-2004, 09:07 PM
There are too many boards. But too few good boards.

Winetalk.com
02-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by BradShaw@Feb 18 2004, 09:15 PM
There are too many boards. But too few good boards.
besso me, besso me mucho....
;-)))

JR
02-18-2004, 09:10 PM
why would there be "too many" of anything if it offers value and for which there is a demand? thats a major principle of capitalism and a free market economy.

Winetalk.com
02-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by JR@Feb 18 2004, 09:18 PM
why would there be "too many" of anything if it offers value and for which there is a demand? thats a major principle of capitalism and a free market economy.
http://www.sotovik.ru/media/midi/52.mid

JR
02-18-2004, 09:14 PM
i really have never laughed so much at messageboards as i have in the last few days. the "new model" thread.. the "new board" threads on all boards... the newbie threatening the "owner of sextraffic" on netpond etc. funny stuff.

Lee
02-19-2004, 12:25 AM
Coming from both sides of the fence on this one, as both the owner of several resource forums and a poster on several forums personally yes i do think there are to many AWW boards however, there are not to many business AWW boards.

It seems like almost every post on every board is duplicated over and over again as well as the replies these posts get.

That being said i can certainly see the perceived value to many of the owners of these boads, myself included, however, perceived value and real value is like chalk and cheese ;)

Regards,

Lee

Dravyk
02-19-2004, 12:52 AM
The more boards, the more need for someone to track all of 'em (ahem).

May 23 new ones begin tomorrow!! :cdance:

AWW - Kevin
02-20-2004, 12:34 AM
there is always going to be new one coming and some going....i used to care and saw them as competition but now i hardly care...not enough biz talk on most of them which is a shame !

Hell Puppy
02-20-2004, 03:13 AM
There's room for as many boards as there are groups of like minded individuals.

Other than the most dedicated board whores, I think most people will participate actively in 2-3. They may sporadically read a handful. That's a function of time.

Size of the board really will be a function of your target audience. GFY is huge because it is dominated by young males who are playing the TGP game for what most of us would consider beer money. But unfortunately that is by far the largest segment of the adult industry right now. There's alot of those guys and GFY reflects it. Due to the size of that audience GFY does draw some of the larger players as well when they go over there to troll for newbies to send them traffic, buy their content, etc.

Oprano will never be the size of GFY because the target audience here is typically older, more experienced webmasters who have been at this a few years. There's a much smaller potential pool of participating users to draw from. The lurker factor on Oprano is likely higher than most boards as I suspect a lot of people read to try to gleam some of the knowledge but may be too intimidated to actively participate.

I think the ship has sailed for creating a new mega board unless one of the existing ones fucks up and there's a mass migration (it's happened before). But there will always be smaller boards popping up dedicated to individual niches such as amateurs, newbies, or whatever else you can think of. And most sponsors do have their own boards for support now.

TheEnforcer
02-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 18 2004, 08:46 PM
What hot stuff said!! :P