PDA

View Full Version : Adult Check Countersues Acacia

Dravyk
02-18-2004, 02:46 AM
Cybernet Ventures responds, countersues Acacia

Cybernet Ventures, parent company of Adult Check, has filed a countersuit and class action suit against Acacia. The suit in part responds to Acacia's claim by detailing instance by instance that they "deny each and every allegation contained in the Complaint". In the counterclaim Cybernet "seeks a declaratory judgement of invalidity, noninfringement and unenforaciblity" on Acacia's streaming media patents.

The full text of the document is supplied by All Of 'Em and can be read here in Adobe Acrobat format: http://www.allofem.com/CybernetAcacia1.pdf

TeenGodFather
02-18-2004, 04:23 AM
Good for them. I hope they win.

It's still unclear to me if I will be forced to pay acacia if they win the lawsuit.
They do NOT have a patent in finland where our company is registered...

Well, we'll see when I get to open that dandy letter one beautiful day.

Mike AI
02-18-2004, 09:09 AM
Very nice. This is what I have been urging people all along to do. I think there is even a stonger case using RICO to go after Acacia and some of those from the industry who are working with them.

TheEnforcer
02-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Hmmm.. that should be an interesting develpoment!!

SykkBoy
02-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Feb 18 2004, 09:17 AM
and some of those from the industry who are working with them.
That too me is still the most distrubing thing....
As much as I hate what ACACIA is doing, the companies who would turn around and stab everyone in the back bugs me much worse....and I'm not talking about those who merely settled so much as those who are working WITH ACACIA.

I hope their InterNext booths collapse with them in them...

Opti
02-18-2004, 03:25 PM
You would think asking for a Jury to decide the matter might be risky..

But the rest of it sounds much more promising than anything Ive seen posted before... if they really can show the inventors knowingly withheld material information that the patent was invalid when filing it that should be good start! If that report also shows what cybernet suggests it does... I would not like to be holding acacia stock today :)

aeon
02-18-2004, 05:56 PM
fuckin' spin doctoring...to draw attention from the fucking laith and the gang gave 1000's of webmasters.

go back to pissing amongst yerselves - got family here so I can't join in the festivities just yet.

best of luck -
aeon