PDA

View Full Version : OK, the kid turned me in!

Peaches
02-15-2004, 10:57 PM
I swear sometimes my house looks like THIS (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=e9744d33e932f0de0ec1d35d23523a44&threadid=830487&perpage=40&pagenumber=1)! Damn sons turning their loving packrat mothers in. :(

masterp74
02-15-2004, 11:30 PM
This is me and Serge at my house in about 1 month from now.

http://www.uploadit.org/freepic1/Blow-photo_02_hires.jpg

Mike is there too.. just was in the bath room when pic was taken :salute:

Last edited by masterp74 at Feb 15 2004, 08:40 PM

cj
02-15-2004, 11:41 PM
i just read that entire thread

the son certainly has a good sense of humour :biglaugh:

gonzo
02-16-2004, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by masterp74@Feb 15 2004, 11:38 PM

Mike is there too.. just was in the bath room when pic was taken :salute:
Om out side carrying more in

masterp74
02-16-2004, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by gonzo+Feb 16 2004, 01:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Feb 16 2004, 01:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--masterp74@Feb 15 2004, 11:38 PM

Mike is there too.. Ājust was in the bath room when pic was taken :salute:
Om out side carrying more in[/b][/quote]
yes you are gonzo, You're going to become a pro power weightlifter during our biz/friends relationship. :okthumb:

isn't Serge a sharp dresser or what! :salute:

Last edited by masterp74 at Feb 16 2004, 01:42 AM

Carrie
02-16-2004, 08:34 AM
I have this burning desire to go clean now.
No, seriously. I do. I *feel* like I'm living this way because we moved from a good-sized house into a very small one.
I see my Mom's house moving in this direction, and her mom's house was like this but not quite as bad. At least the stuff wasn't in boxes... just piles, and tons and tons of shelves. If it was horizontal, it had piles of stuff on it.

I'm going to go clean now. I have a very, very large van which can hold boatloads of stuff. I'm sure the Goodwill store will love me.

Peaches
02-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Carrie@Feb 16 2004, 09:42 AM
I have this burning desire to go clean now.
No, seriously. I do. I *feel* like I'm living this way because we moved from a good-sized house into a very small one.
I see my Mom's house moving in this direction, and her mom's house was like this but not quite as bad. At least the stuff wasn't in boxes... just piles, and tons and tons of shelves. If it was horizontal, it had piles of stuff on it.

I'm going to go clean now. I have a very, very large van which can hold boatloads of stuff. I'm sure the Goodwill store will love me.
I thought I was doing so well when we moved from a house that was about twice the size of this one. My entire 2 car garage was filled to the top with stuff I gave to Goodwill and that didn't even include the furniture I gave away.

Then last year I found myself getting a 10X10 storage room and IT'S full now as are my closets. :(

But if I ever need a canceled check from 1987 or my ticket stub from the Rolling Stones in 1982, I know where they are! B)

Carrie
02-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Peaches I just started going through my kitchen cabinets.
There's really no reason I need 3 different colanders, 5 spatulas, and 4 spaghetti spoons. Not to mention what looks like 300 pieces of tupperware-type stuff. It's going... today.
The hard part is going to be getting Hubby to part with old computer parts that are either broken completely, only half-working, or that have never been used but "might be needed one day".

We've actually still got stuff in my parent's workshop (HUGE barn-looking thing in their backyard) from when we moved; once every 3 months or so we go in there digging around for one small thing we need. The rest of it just sits.
I want to just go throw it ALL away now. Fuck it. When we do move back into a bigger house, if there's something we need we can just buy it then rather than hoarding it for another year waiting for us to move.

Peaches
02-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Silly girl - of course you need all that kitchen stuff - what do you do when one is DIRTY and you haven't run the dishwasher? :P As you've seen, my kitchen is tiny. Most of pots and pans are in the guest room closet.....along with cans and cans of food I bought at Costco, lol!

And don't get me started on old computer stuff. We have boxes of it. :(

TheEnforcer
02-16-2004, 11:09 AM
I've still got boxes laying around and shit from moving several months ago.. pictures lying on tables, trunks with books open and laying about...

Eventually I'll get it all unpacked...

Carrie
02-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 16 2004, 11:17 AM
I've still got boxes laying around and shit from moving several months ago.. pictures lying on tables, trunks with books open and laying about...

That's what I kept saying too, TE.
I've been here for over a year and a half and there is STILL stuff in boxes.
There's either nowhere to put it, or no time to unpack it and find somewhere to put it.

Peaches, when one is dirty we should wash it, LOL. Otherwise you end up with 2 dirty ones taking up even more room. That's what happens now - we just grab a clean one because it's quicker. No more! The stuff that is dirty is getting washed and going straight into a plastic bag.
There's already 6 garbage bags full of "stuff" that we never use sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor (including about 30 cookbooks and a nice set of flour/sugar/etc containers). And I'm not even done with the kitchen yet. Just gotta keep taking breaks, grrr... dang pregnancy. :P

Peaches
02-16-2004, 11:32 AM
I did do a fast sweep of my clothes a few weeks ago when we were getting the kid packed up (damn if he didn't inherit this from me....). 4+ LARGE trash bags of clothes. And that's in 3 years since the last time. :(

My parents are the same way - there are just two of them living in a 3 BR house with a 2+ car garage and there is only one BR that can be slept in and the cars barely fit in the garage. They recently redid the deck and front stairs and while the construction trash bin was there my Mom did put a LOT of old boxes in it, but still......

My grandmother on my Dad's side read....a lot....she would go to garage sales and buy boxes of paperback books. There were book shelves in every room of her house that were packed as well as floor to wall book shelves in her garage that were full. When I was little I used to go through and find out how many she had of a particular book. :)

At least I know where I get it from. B)

Carrie
02-16-2004, 11:42 AM
The scary part is, with all this stuff I've cleaned out, you still can't SEE a visible difference in my kitchen. If I took the bags out right now you'd never know I did anything. It's all come out of the cabinets and drawers.

Except for one thing - an under-the-cabinet can opener that quit working 6 months ago. I just took that down and tossed it out - it was still plugged in!! :zoinks:

Peaches
02-16-2004, 11:47 AM
The dogs got into the trash last night so I am forced to do some serious heavy duty cleaning under the sink counter. :(

Edamame is good to eat - not so good to clean up from under the counter, in the carpet, on the floor, under the stove/fridge and in doggy puke. :angry:

TheEnforcer
02-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Carrie+Feb 16 2004, 11:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Carrie @ Feb 16 2004, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TheEnforcer@Feb 16 2004, 11:17 AM

That's what I kept saying too, TE.
I've been here for over a year and a half and there is STILL stuff in boxes.
There's either nowhere to put it, or no time to unpack it and find somewhere to put it.

[/b][/quote]
LOL

You never know.. I might get it done.... someday.... :rolleyes:

Peaches
02-16-2004, 12:27 PM
I have a problem hanging pictures. Been here 3 years now and still haven't done it. My excuse is that I know I'm going to be painting so why do it twice. :blink:

kath
02-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks for posting that Peaches. Hub says the kids & I are horrible packrats - and we are, to some degree - but at least NOT to this one! Yikes! I went through all of those pics - how can anyone live with that much clutter???

So... hub now agrees that we aren't the WORST in the world - not even a close 2nd... but, the kids ARE cleaning the garage and we are planning on making a trip to the trash dump to get rid of all that extra furniture in the garage I swore we'd use one day... time for SPRING cleaning!

:yowsa:

Carrie
02-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 16 2004, 12:35 PM
I have a problem hanging pictures. Been here 3 years now and still haven't done it. My excuse is that I know I'm going to be painting so why do it twice. :blink:
Well you just *gotta* put the pictures up now, before you paint... because that way if you don't like where they are, you can move them around until they're perfect and then paint over the first set of holes!
If you paint first and then try to move pictures around, you'll have holes showing up everywhere.

(There. Sounds good! :okthumb: )