PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, New to your board

JaBooters
02-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Hello,
I'm new to your board and have heard much about it. I'm just about to launch a string of sites, one is near complete (for soft launch), Adult Dictionary.com (or AdultD.com ).

Love to hear from you pros, any and all advice is gratefully accepted. Call anytime, day or night, 365/year on the 800 number, or ICQ.

JaBooters *always* returns a favor...with interest.

Thank you for your time.

Almighty Colin
02-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Site looks AMAZING.

Next part is how you're going to get traffic and how you're going to make money from it.

I noticed you're using AVS. Are you looking at this as an AVS site? One among many?

Almighty Colin
02-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Quick point. Site looks cool as hell but there's nothing motivating me to want to pay $23.95/month. There's no preview of anything. And even the AVS upsell is not really much of a sell.

JaBooters
02-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Excellent points Colin, and thank you.
You are absolutly correct about the AVS popup, one of the many things I must fix before launch. We are a FREE site but have AVS control over explicit galleries (see Amateur page). Every word will have (or does have) free content ("picture gallery" and "watch video now" links under the main illustration on every page. Some is explicit and requires AVS pass (which was $25/yr and just changed to premium only). The cost gives access to the *entire* avs network.

Our revenue is:
1.) Products, books, etc (see left column, "home study")
2.) Links (Explorer's Guide)
3.) Hosted gallery links ("Watch Video Now")
4.) AVS signups (quit laughing)
5.) Banners (bottom of all pages and specific to pages, ie. Latex page has only Latex banners

I'm wondering if you noticed the gallery links under the main illustrations (the main gallery icons on the left are disappearing this month). Maybe I should make that more obvious. Did you notice the Safe/Explicit switch? That too might need some re-thinking.

Thanks again

Mike AI
02-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Very cool site!

Welcome to Oprano!

TheEnforcer
02-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Site looks quite interesting. Nice to see a fresh approach. :okthumb:

JaBooters
02-10-2004, 05:01 PM
many thanks for the compliments folks.

gonzo
02-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by JaBooters@Feb 10 2004, 11:21 AM
Excellent points Colin, and thank you.
You are absolutly correct about the AVS popup, one of the many things I must fix before launch. We are a FREE site but have AVS control over explicit galleries (see Amateur page). Every word will have (or does have) free content ("picture gallery" and "watch video now" links under the main illustration on every page. Some is explicit and requires AVS pass (which was $25/yr and just changed to premium only). The cost gives access to the *entire* avs network.

Our revenue is:
1.) Products, books, etc (see left column, "home study")
2.) Links (Explorer's Guide)
3.) Hosted gallery links ("Watch Video Now")
4.) AVS signups (quit laughing)
5.) Banners (bottom of all pages and specific to pages, ie. Latex page has only Latex banners

I'm wondering if you noticed the gallery links under the main illustrations (the main gallery icons on the left are disappearing this month). Maybe I should make that more obvious. Did you notice the Safe/Explicit switch? That too might need some re-thinking.

Thanks again
Fresh design!
Youve taken elements of what Id call old school and slicked them up.
Nice concept and looks good.

Im with Colin though the key as with any site is the source of traffic and the hook to get them to buy.

thinking like a surfer...Id have to see some more to buy as well.

Welcome to oprano...good way to start out doing biz!

SexPranks_Dave
02-11-2004, 05:32 PM
welcome to the board

Candice
02-11-2004, 09:52 PM
welcome aboard man!!! :bwave:

Seven888
02-12-2004, 04:03 AM
Hi there, welcome :)

JaBooters
02-12-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Feb 10 2004, 02:25 PM
thinking like a surfer...Id have to see some more to buy as well

This is quite true. By months end I'll be finishing/loading a complete picture gallery for every word plus at least one video (only about 30 words will have AVS protected galleries). Certain words like "clitoris" will be available to all (and thus the gallery, about 30 pictures)
I've refocused on this and am upgrading the entire site, mostly the homepage. Adding some features like sections for "What's Hot", "Fun Stuff", "Free Stuff", also chat and a community sex advice section.

JaBooters
02-12-2004, 05:01 AM
TheEnforcer
Colin
Mike AI
gonzo
SexPranks_Dave
Candice
Seven888

thanks for your warm welcome, look forward to working with you all.

masterp74
02-12-2004, 06:18 AM
welcome to the board! :salute:

lennyg
03-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Do you need quality hosting for your site. Let me know because I am a spammer.

SPAMBOT v3.3